2007 Michigan Wolverines

jared

Mentor
A lot of people seem to think Les Miles of LSU will return to his alma mater to replace Lloyd Carr. This would of course be the ideal situation as Miles has Hester as the only white starting RB in the SEC.

Riddlewire

Master
jared said:
A lot of people seem to think Les Miles of LSU will return to his alma mater to replace Lloyd Carr. This would of course be the ideal situation as Miles has Hester as the only white starting RB in the SEC.
While this may be currently true, you can expect the situation to change the instant LSU struggles in even a single quarter. The white running back will be the scapegoat, and nobody will complain.
Just look at Sean Glennon. His career is now over. Replaced by 'black talent'.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jim Potempa is his name, I saw that and was stunned. The stadium announcer was so stunned that he called the wrong player as the carrier of the ball, then when he corrected himself he again said the wrong name as Potempa has the same number as a backup (black) cornerback.

At 5.6 he has to be the shortest white man to get a carry out of the backfield in 50 years. It was garbage time and I'm sure Lloyd Carr gave him the ball as a special gesture. Maybe the kids father is a big donor to the university?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
More bad news for Sam McGuffie?
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Michigan guard Justin Boren, expected to be one of two returning starters on the Wolverines' offensive line next season, has left the team.

Coach Rich Rodriguez told reporters at a Tuesday night news conference about Boren's decision, but declined to discuss specifics.

The junior from Pickerington, Ohio, was expected to start at left guard or center after starting every game last season for the Wolverines.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7955060/Boren-was-one-of- two-returning-starters-to-OL?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]

Gi-15

Mentor
I was looking at an article on SI.com on Michigan pratices and saw that there was a white TB in the backfield, no.38, I wondered if Sam decided to wear no.38, looked it up, and saw that it was in fact another white RB, Mike Milano

he got 2 carries last year against purdue, and will be a senior, even though last year was is first... he was a wrestler his freshman and sophomore year. Jusy somebody else to keep en eye on.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
[url]http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/S PORTS0201/804040345/1004/SPORTS [/url]
<H1>U-M coach might rotate QBs</H1>
<H4>Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News</H4>

ANN ARBOR -- Two could be better than one. Three could be even better than two.

Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, far from deciding his offensive personnel for the upcoming season, said he's not opposed to running multiple quarterbacks this fall.

"Some say if you have two quarterbacks, you don't really have any," Rodriguez said Thursday after practice. "I don't believe that. If you've got two quarterbacks good enough to win with, you play both. If I have one good enough to win with, I play one, if I have three, I play three."

<!--
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');
//-->

Rodriguez reiterated after Thursday's non-pads practice that Steven Threet and Nick Sheridan have separated themselves in the competition. David Cone is in the mix and incoming freshman Justin Feagin will get an opportunity to compete in the fall.

Threet and Sheridan continue to improve, he said, adding that Threet has had the "upper hand" in recent contact drills. Although Threet is about five inches taller, Rodriguez said they are similar in terms of speed, arm strength and athleticism.

"We've got to get at least two quarterbacks at least good enough to win with," Rodriguez said. "How close they are, we'll see at the end of August camp. Our guys have made progress. We're not going to pigeonhole ourselves offensively just running one thing. We'll build our offense around the talent of our skill players on offense, in particular the quarterback."

In terms of Michigan's skill positions, the receivers took a hit in practice.

Returning receiver Junior Hemmingway will miss the rest of the spring, Rodriguez said, because of a severely sprained ankle. Greg Mathews missed Thursday's practice because of an illness. Freshman Darryl Stonum, who enrolled early to participate in spring drills, apparently has seen more time because of the injuries at receiver.

"Lack of depth (at receiver) is a concern," Rodriguez said.
<H5>Heading out</H5>

Michigan has yet to conduct a spring practice outdoors, but Rodriguez plans to scrimmage Saturday at Ann Arbor Pioneer High. The final practice will be held at Saline High on April 12, but will not be open to the public because of venue limitations.

You can reach Angelique S. Chengelis at angelique. chengelis@detnews.com.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ol Rich Rodriguez is back to his habit of recruting black qb's
smiley11.gif
. He already has a commit for 2009. Personally as a Wisconsin Badger fan i despise the wolverines. Now that Rodriguez has taken over it only gives me more reason to hate them. I can only imagine how black this team will get in the up coming years.