2007 Louisville Cardinals

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for the 2007 season.

Offense
QB Brian Brohm
FB Brock Bolen
TE Gary Barnidge
LG Danny Barlowe
C Eric Wood
RT Breno Giacomino

whiteCB

Master
Louisville with their year in and year out all no white defenses makes me want to start calling them Florida St North. lol

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I was thinking the same thing whiteCB. It really is pathetic.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
at least Florida St. will occasionally have a white on defense (including 2 a couple years ago I believe) Louisville may actually be worse...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brock is listed as the 3rd string Tailback as well. He had some big games for them last year and will hopefully get more carries this year.

whiteCB said:
Louisville with their year in and year out all no white defenses makes me want to start calling them Florida St North. lol

Cheer up, they're getting what they deserve:

Syracuse surprises Louisville
Orange exploit Cardinals' defense in 38-35 stunner

LOUISVILLE, KY. â€â€￾ Syracuse wide receiver Taj Smith stood all alone at midfield waving his arms, surprised by how open he was.

It's become a familiar feeling for Louisville opponents this season.

Smith hauled in the pass from quarterback Andrew Robinson and raced 79 yards for a touchdown on the game's first play, and the Orange were on the way to a 38-35 upset over the defenseless Cardinals on Saturday.

The Orange, 36 1/2 -point underdogs, led throughout behind Robinson, who threw for a career-high 423 yards and tied a school record with four touchdowns.

Brian Brohm completed 45 of 65 passes for a career-high 555 yards and four scores for Louisville. But the Cardinals' defense allowed Syracuse â€â€￾ which entered the game ranked near the bottom nationally in every offensive category â€â€￾ to pile up 465 yards and make big play after big play.

So much for the athletic all-black defense. They are well-advised to look for some guys who can play good defense, even if they happen to be white.

Sean Carlisle said:
a white freshman ran back a kick off for Syracuse against Louisville.

Yeah the white true freshman who ran back the 93 kick return against Louisville is Max Suter. These pics are from the SU athletics website:

2007%5C9%5C23%5CSuterMax_UL07_edit031_web.jpg

SuterMax07.jpg

The only problem is now this hurts, if not kills, Brohm's Heisman chances.

Next thing you know someone is going to downgrade him as the best qb for the draft.
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This should help Brock Bolen and Gary Barnidge get more stats tomorrow night.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville backup running back George Stripling on Wednesday was suspended from Friday night's game against Utah for violating team rules.

Coach Steve Kragthorpe did not elaborate on the reason for Stripling's suspension.

Stripling is the second Louisville player suspended this week. Wide receiver JaJuan Spillman was suspended indefinitely Monday.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BTW, Brock Bolen was used correctly last week for the first time this year, and he had 112 yards and a TD on 18 carries! Hopefully last week's performance, coupled with Stripling's abscence this week will allow Brock to get 20-25 carries and another 100+ yard game!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Barnidge looks like a very solid future NFL player to me. great size, great hands.

Kaptain

Master
Bolen impressed me as a runner last night. He had a great 3-4 yard run for a touchdown that showed his speed to the hole and power as he met a linebacker and carried him for three yards into the end zone.

Brohm is clearly the best quarterback to come along in a long-time. He fast, elusive, and has excellent accuracy. He also rarely gets sacked, I think anyway, based on how fast he is able to get rid of the ball.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian Brohm's stats from last night: 39/58, 467, 8.1, 4 TDs... and yet they lost! congrats to all black defense are in order, i believe...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In spite of Brohm's 467 yards and 4 TDs, he wasn't named the Big East offensive player of the week. That honor went to a quarterback who threw for a whopping Mike Vick-Vince Young like 148 yards and ran for 89 against a weak Syracuse team. Yes the hype machine went for Patrick White, who isn't, white that is. . .