2006 Wisconsin Badgers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the upcoming season.

Offense
QB-John Stocco
FB-Bill Rentmeester
WR-Luke Swan
TE-Andy Crooks
LT-Joe Thomas
LG-Andy Kemp
RG-Kraig Urbik
RT-Eric Vanden Heuvel

Defense
RT-Nick Hayden
LE-Joe Monty
MLB-Mark Zalewski
SS-Joe Stellmacher
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
As of today, Wisconsin is a majority white team. They have 2 more white players than when I made my projections. A FB and WR. If they beat Michigan, it would be big for them and us.

So far its been a great year for the Badgers. Hopefully they can face and beat a majority black team in a Bowl game like last year.

QB John Stocco is out right now with an arm injury, but he's listed as day-to-day. In my opinion he's one of the most underrated quarterbacks in college football.Edited by: Run Stuffing LB

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Linebacker Mark Zalewski is freaking awesome! that guy just blows up people. he's an outstanding player.

Stellmacher is also very good, but he'll still be "too slow" or "too short" to play at the next level.
smiley5.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i caught the Iowa-Wisconsin game on TV Saturday, and the Badgers were starting two white DBs: SS Joe Stellmacher and cornerback Ben Strickland.
smiley32.gif
they also played back-up free safety/cornerback Zach Hampton a whole bunch, too. mainly in nickel situations
smiley32.gif

Stellmacher had his usual dominant game, while Strickland looked very solid. he only allowed 3 completions all day. strangely enough, they were all by white receivers. Iowa's Andy Brodell had 2 catches for 18 yards and Trey Stross caught a 24-yard TD with Strickland draped all over him. just a great play by 3 white guys: the QB, DB, and WR!
smiley32.gif

Hampton is one of the best gunners i've seen all year on punt coverage! he downed three punts inside the 15 and forced several more fair catches. he's very good! he didn't stand out in coverage much, though. he's also the Badgers punt returner.

also, Wisconsin started their back-up QB, an athletic guy who can run and throw, Tyler Donovan. he had 78 yards rushing (an average of 4.7) and was 17-24 passing for 228 yards and 2 TDs with 0 interceptions.
smiley32.gif

Luke Swan led all receivers in the game with 113 yards on 4 catches, including a 42-yard TD catch-and-run. he had a great game!
smiley32.gif

benstrickland.jpg

Ben Strickland

joestellmacher.jpg

Joe Stellmacher

zachhampton.jpg

Zach Hampton

tylerdonovan.jpg

Tyler Donovan

lukeswan.jpg

Luke Swan

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin is kicking some butt! Go Badgers! They should finish in the top 10 and will probably be 11-1 going to a bowl.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
they are having possibly the best year in their history, and to think they're doing it with a bunch of white dudes and a first-year head coach! awesome!
smiley32.gif

now then, will he continue to recruit and play white guys? or will he do what so many other coaches have done, and forsake the players who got him to the top?

there's the rub.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, its good to see another white CB on the field! Keep us updated as to whether he starts again. I don't get a lot of Big 10 games out here. On a somewhat related note, I heard Utah's defensive coordinator saying about an hour ago on the radio that he believed Eric Weddle would make a great inside corner/Nickleback or safety in the NFL. He said he would be a great player at either position. He said this in response to the question of as where would he fit best at the next level. The coach did say it would depend on the defensive scheme in use though. These particular radio hosts seem to have been bitten by the "Eric would be better at safety" bug lately. His coach defended him well though and said "we expect him to be Superman all the time" and then he said that Eric had only gotten beat a couple of times all season. It was good to see the coach stick up for him and basically tell those hosts they were full of it and didn't know what they were talking about.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Eric had a rough first half on defense against Colorado State, but bounced back in the second half. he looked like he got bored and lost focus because no one was challenging him.

on offense, he ran for a touchdown and threw for a long pass that was almost a touchdown, as well. his rushing stats don't look good because he took a long sack late in the game or he would have had something like 5 carries for 28 yards or thereabouts. he was all over the place, and the announcers acted like they had man crushes on him.
smiley32.gif
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Maybe if Wisconsin had more black players the media would percieve them as being a better team. Becuase how the hell can a Big Ten team go 10-1 and yet aren't even in the Top 10. That my friend is some bullsh*t. Too bad they don't play in the all too powerful SEC.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: whiteCB

whiteCB said:
Maybe if Wisconsin had more black players the media would percieve them as being a better team. Becuase how the hell can a Big Ten team go 10-1 and yet aren't even in the Top 10. That my friend is some bullsh*t. Too bad they don't play in the all too powerful SEC.
smiley11.gif

They have wins over Iowa and Penn State, as well as blowout victories over Northwestern, Minnesota, and Purdue. They really don't have a marquee win, as unfortunately, their schedule is rather weak. Playing Western Illinois and San Diego St. at the start of the year usually won't yield many accolades.

They are however, #9 in the BCS rankings, which in today's college world is really what matters.Edited by: Sark6354201

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
smiley11.gif

What he said!!!
smiley7.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
It appears as if the new coach has bought into the "we need black athletes to win" as his current commitments are mostly black. Figures.

whiteCB

Master
ocaamikedm11 said:
It appears as if the new coach has bought into the "we need black athletes to win" as his current commitments are mostly black. Figures.

Are you talking about the new guy Bret Belima?

I think the current ranking is about right. Look at the non-conference schedule: Western Illinois, San Diego State, Buffalo, Bowling Green. A 1-AA school, alower tierMountain West team, one of the weakest programs in the country and a MAC team that lost to pitiful Temple. Plus, no Ohio State on the conference schedule.

It's still been a great year, but I don't see Caste Bias in their ranking. The good news is that they'll play some SEC mess in the Capital One Bowl and hopefully get a big win.

I'm not sure what to think about Bielema yet. Great first year, if nothing else.

cslewis1

Guru
Way to go Badgers!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've never felt quite so good about my alma mater geting beaten.
smiley9.gif
Wisconsin's defense completely shut down the Razorbacks' vaunted ground game (and thus their whole offense) in the second half, and they only allowed a couple of long runs in the first half.

their white players were the main reason.
smiley32.gif
strong safety, Joe Stellmacher, was blowing people up all day, MLB Mark Zalewski was flying all over the field, and back-up free safety/returner, Zach Hampton picked off a pass and knocked down a couple more. how sweet defeat can be!

my Razorbacks were certainly missing Mr. Hillis...

as an aside, a white receiver acually caugh a pass for the Hogs, but of course he is only a walk-on.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

whiteCB

Master
Run Stuffing LB said:
Big win over token SEC mess Arkansas. Next year a national championship? I can dream.

I don't think so because Wisconsin is gonna lose to Ohio St. next year. However, it was great seeing another Big 10 team beat up on a SEC team. Those Arkansas players had to shell shocked to see a bunch of white boys beatin up on them, as it probably hasn't happened to them since high school. The Big 10 is now 2-0 vs. the SEC this bowl season and is about to make it 3-0 come Jan. 8th.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i forgot to mention that back-up cornerback Ben Strickland blocked a kick, as well.
smiley32.gif

it was certainly a very unusual experience for the Hogs playing against all those white men out there. hopefully the Razorback coaching staff learned a thing or two about what real talent looks like.
smiley2.gif

G

talent doesn't "look like" anything. Talent comes in all forms. It is sad that race should be a factor in that, but if white players are being discriminated against right now, you wouldn't want the same to happen to blacks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
spotle said:
talent doesn't "look like" anything. Talent comes in all forms. It is sad that race should be a factor in that, but if white players are being discriminated against right now, you wouldn't want the same to happen to blacks.

Actually "talent" seems to go hand in hand with black athlete. Its well documented that white players do not get recruited because they are the wrong color to play the position even though they are just as good. Recruiters and coaches tell players this all time. There is a great post about Matt Grootegeod and one of his friends you should check.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<DIV =firstP>Sad loss to the Badgers defense.
<DIV =firstP>
313126.jpg

<DIV =firstP>
<DIV =firstP>MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin junior defensive lineman Justin Ostrowski has decided to end his career after battling injuries to his right knee during the last two seasons, the school announced Monday.

"Based on the advice Justin got from his doctors, he decided it would be best if he stopped playing," Badgers coach Bret Bielema said in a statement. "Justin will remain on scholarship and I've invited him to remain as much a part of our program as he is comfortable with."

Ostrowski, a native of Portage, saw action in a total of 18 games and made 11 tackles, including one sack.

He injured his knee during preseason drills before the 2005 season and returned to play in five games late in the season. Injuries persisted last year, as he played in only the first two games.

"Coach Bielema and his staff have done a wonderful job in helping me throughout this process," Ostrowski said in a statement. "I want to thank everyone at the University of Wisconsin for the support and guidance I've received. I especially thank Coach (Barry) Alvarez for giving me the opportunity to play football and receive my degree from one of the best schools in the country. Lastly, I'd like to thank my parents for always being there through tough times and during this whole process."