2006 Nevada Wolf Pack

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for 2006. Includes 2 Polynesians. I didn't realize they are such a white team.

Offense
QB-Jeff Rowe
WR(Y)-Anthony Pudewell
WR(Z)-Caleb Spencer
WR(X)-Kyle Sammons
WR(F)-Mike McCoy
ST-Charles Manu
SG-Barrett Reznick
C-Jimmy Wadhams
WG-Greg Hall
WT-Dominic Green

Defense
FS-Sergio Villasenor
CB-Joe Garcia
MIKE-Jason DeMars
WOLF-Joshua Mauga
BAN-Jeremy Engstrom
DE-Jay Dixon
NT-Matt Hines

jared

Mentor
3rd quarter just ended against Fresno St. They're putting up a pretty good fight. QB Jeff Rowe led a nice drive down the field, handing the ball off and passing to white TB Luke Lippincott and capping it off with a TD pass to white WR Mike McCoy (his second TD of the night). Oh and Lippincott just punched the ball in for another TD. Go Wolfpack.

jared

Mentor
Oh and CB Joe Garcia, while not really white, is not your usual CB. He's looked pretty good too, made a nice deflection in the endzone. The announcers kept mentioning how Fresno State's QB was avoiding his side of the field.

Nevada gave Thug U. (Miami) all they coud handle last night in Boise at the MPC bowl. If they hadn't of gotten "reffed" inre to a spectacularly lucky catch by Pudeman, the Pack would have won. Final score 21-20 Miami. Nevada had the ball within field goal territory with 40 seconds left and another down. They chose to get closer and Jeff Rowe (UNR) got picked by a bad pass on his part. Also, Nevada chose to go for a 2 pt conversion early in the game and missed, otherwise we could have also seen a tie.

It was pretty fun watching those predominantly small white kids running circles around the "rich and vaunted, 90% black" team filled with "superstars."

cslewis1

Guru
After Nevada tied it up in the First Half, I couldn't watch anymore. When I heard they lost by a point, I wondered what happened. After reading what happened, if I watched, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Reno</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Nev.</st1:State> - The <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nevada</st1:place></st1:State> defense looked sharp in the first scrimmage of the spring practice session on Saturday at Mackay Stadium.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The Wolf Pack ran nearly 90 plays and the defense recorded two turnovers and six sacks during the scrimmage.

"The defense is always ahead of the offense at this point. But what I really liked was how well they moved around on the field," head coach Chris Ault said.

The offense started slowly but got better as the scrimmage went on. Sophomore quarterback Nick Graziano threw the lone touchdown pass of the day, a 25-yarder to Marko Mitchell. Freshman quarterback Colin Kaepernick had the other scoring play - a nifty 10-yard run. Another freshman quarterback, Tyler Lantrip, showed good signs during the day as well.

"The quarterbacks were average today," Ault said. "But there is some good competition there. All three of those guys are really battling."

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Nevada</st1:State></st1:place> will practice three times next week and hold another scrimmage next Saturday.

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">STATISTICS[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Passing:[/B] Nick Graziano 5-14-71; Colin Kaepernick 4-8-85; Tyler Lantrip 2-7-36.
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Rushing:[/B] Courtney Randall 15-25; Kevin Grimes 13-46; Vai Taua 5-19; Dwayne Sanders 4-28; Nick Graziano 4-24; Luke Lippincott 3-5; Tyler Lantrip 2-13; Mike Kanellis 1-5; Colin Kaepernick 1-11.
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Receiving[/B]: Kyle Sammons 2-34; Junior Puloka 2-28; Mike McCoy 2-27; Luke Lippincott 2-20; Brian Fludd 1-30; Arthur King Jr. 1-28; Marko Mitchell 1-25.
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Scoring plays:[/B] Marko Mitchell 25-yard touchdown pass from Nick Graziano; Colin Kaepernick 10-yard run.

Nevada's spring game is April 21.

Last fall, RB Brylee Callender transferred to Nevada, but is not on the roster at this time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you'd think that after the dominating performances of Chance Kretschmer, and the emergence of Luke Lippincott last season, that Nevada would be one collegiate team that didn't buy into the caste system... but you'd be wrong.

James Edwards, who broke all of Kretschmer's rushing records in Nevada High School football, is leaving Division II Chadron State (where the phenomenal Danny Woodhead plays) to walk on with the Wolfpack. for some reason though, the Wolfpack coaching staff seem intent on making him a linebacker despite his size (5-10, 215). hmmm...

654_low.jpg
James Edwards

Edwards, Spring Creek's record running back, to walk on

Dan Hixman
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL<!--PUBLICATION GOES HERE
-->
Posted: 6/2/2007

James Edwards is taking his state-record running ability to the Nevada Wolf Pack football team, but he might use it to chase down running backs.

The former Spring Creek High star said Friday that he will walk on this fall at Nevada, and added that the Wolf Pack coaching staff hasn't quite yet figured out how they want to use him.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure (what position he'll play)," said Edwards, who holds the state records for career rushing yards (7,228), rushing touchdowns (87), total touchdowns (93) and points scored (558), according to the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association.

"I might play some running back or linebacker, I'm not really sure," Edwards added. "It sounded like they were interested in me at linebacker. I'll be happy wherever I get put. Position is not a problem."

The 5-foot-10, 215-pound Edwards red-shirted at Chadron (Neb.) State, a Division II school, last season and would have to sit out a year under transfer rules. He would be eligible to play in 2008 and would have three years of eligibility.

"I figure that will give me a chance to get bigger and faster and learn the offense or defense," he said.

He said he felt like an outsider at Chadron State.

"Honestly, there was no competition," he said. "I just didn't feel like I was getting any better. The place, I just didn't really like it, I didn't feel like I fit in. Most of the guys on the team were from nearby, from Nebraska."

Head coach Chris Ault said Friday that because of Edwards' situation -- Edwards said he isn't sure yet if he has been released from his scholarship at Chadron -- he can't comment on him. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on a recruitable athlete.

a confusing story all the way around.