2006 Hawai'i Warriors

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters for 2006.

Offense

QB-Colt Brennan

RG-John Estes

Defense

LCB-A.J. Martinez

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hawaii seems to have moved to a policy of recruiting mostly native Hawaiians in recent years. They have some players who look white-Hawaiian mixed, but few whites anymore. One of my favorite white college running backs played for Hawaii in the mid-'90s. Travis Sims ran for over 1,500 yards his senior season. He wasaverage height compared to the blacks in the NFL attailbackand muscular but still had a timed speed of 4.4 in the 40. He could bowl defenders over with his power and also beat them on pure speed, quite a combination that would havemade Simshighly desired by the Negroes-OnlyFootball League had he baked in the sun for six hours every day and been periodically arrested. The NFL of course didn't draft him. He signed with the Raiders as a free agent, played in some preseason games and did quite well, then was cut and that was the end of the NFL's use for him.

Deacon

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
Here are the probable white starters for 2006.

Offense
QB-Colt Brennan
RG-John Estes

Defense
LCB-A.J. Martinez

Just wanted to say that Colt is breaking records this season.

With five games to play he has already broken the school's TD record previously held by Timmy Chang.Edited by: Deacon

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what happened to Martinez? there was a lot of hype from the coaching staff before the season started about his athleticism, but he's not starting and may not even be playing... i haven't seen a Hawaii game so i don't know what's going on with them other than the occasional article.

Deacon

Guru
Jimmy Chitwood said:
what happened to Martinez? there was a lot of hype from the coaching staff before the season started about his athleticism, but he's not starting and may not even be playing... i haven't seen a Hawaii game so i don't know what's going on with them other than the occasional article.

He plays in rotation with Gerard Lewis.

link

Don Wassall said:
Hawaii seems to have moved to a policy of recruiting mostly native Hawaiians in recent years.  They have some players who look white-Hawaiian mixed, but few whites anymore. One of my favorite white college running backs played for Hawaii in the mid-'90s.  Travis Sims ran for over 1,500 yards his senior season.  He was average height compared to the blacks in the NFL at tailback and muscular but still had a timed speed of 4.4 in the 40.  He could bowl defenders over with his power and also beat them on pure speed, quite a combination that would have made Sims highly desired by the Negroes-Only Football League had he baked in the sun for six hours every day and been periodically arrested.  The NFL of course didn't draft him.  He signed with the Raiders as a free agent, played in some preseason games and did quite well, then was cut and that was the end of the NFL's use for him. 

If the school chooses to recruit mostly native Hawaiians, I really don't have problem with that. I don't mean to sound like a lib here, but after all it is THEIR island and the state itself is majority non-White anyway. However, I do have a problem when mostly-White schools in mostly-White state have MOSTLY-BLACK rosters. Especially ones that perform very, very poorly.

I was scrolling through the teams roster, and there aren't very many blacks at all. I mean, there aren't many Whites either
smiley36.gif
, but still. Anyway, they have some small players on this team. Some of the numbers I was getting on players was "5'7", 144". I mean, thats a bit ridiculous, even if a guy runs the 40 in 4 flat. Take a look at the roster, see for yourself.

eaxs

Colt announced he his coming back for his senior
season at <st1:State><st1:place>Hawai'i</st1:place></st1:State>. He
already has the NCAA single season TD mark, but I hope he can eclipse his own
mark next season. Baring anything drastic, he should a Heisman frontrunner all
season. I also think he is the best Run n' Shoot QB ever.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
I was scrolling through the teams roster, and there aren't very many blacks at all. I mean, there aren't many Whites either
smiley36.gif
, but still. Anyway, they have some small players on this team. Some of the numbers I was getting on players was "5'7", 144". I mean, thats a bit ridiculous, even if a guy runs the 40 in 4 flat. Take a look at the roster, see for yourself.
That's small for high school. One thing I don't think the guy is Hawaiian or Samoan they are that weight at the age of 12.....
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
If the school chooses to recruit mostly native Hawaiians, I really don't have problem with that. I don't mean to sound like a lib here, but after all it is THEIR island and the state itself is majority non-White anyway. However, I do have a problem when mostly-White schools in mostly-White state have MOSTLY-BLACK rosters. Especially ones that perform very, very poorly.

totally agree here

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Hawaii seems to have moved to a policy of recruiting mostly native Hawaiians in recent years.  They have some players who look white-Hawaiian mixed, but few whites anymore. One of my favorite white college running backs played for Hawaii in the mid-'90s.  Travis Sims ran for over 1,500 yards his senior season.  He was average height compared to the blacks in the NFL at tailback and muscular but still had a timed speed of 4.4 in the 40.  He could bowl defenders over with his power and also beat them on pure speed, quite a combination that would have made Sims highly desired by the Negroes-Only Football League had he baked in the sun for six hours every day and been periodically arrested.  The NFL of course didn't draft him.  He signed with the Raiders as a free agent, played in some preseason games and did quite well, then was cut and that was the end of the NFL's use for him. 

Sims was a beast and he had huge calves!