20 yrs ago, Hit Changed Lives Foreve

foreverfree

Mentor
Colonel, if I raised your hackles, I apologize. I was being hypothetical of sorts and maybe didn't phrase the question right. I'm fully aware that Ole Miss wasn't yet integrated 50 years ago.

My thoughts on Mullins back at the time of the incident was a byproduct of typical pc force feeding by the media re the Black rights movement (why it was labeled "civil rights" I have no idea), a force feeding that led me to go see Mississippi Burning in the theatre earlier in 1989. Back then I rooted for the "good" guys (Hackman, Dafoe and the rest of the Gmen). If I were to see or rent it now, I'd be rooting for the "bad" guys, out of sympathy for *them* and disdain for the pc we've been force fed during the TV era, a disdain that CF has played a major role in nurturing.

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
foreverfree, no need to apologize. It was just a strange hypothetical to me. In order to answer the question, you have to assume there are other changes going on with it, considering where the hypothetical takes place. Coupled with those other changes, I'd say there wouldn't have been a whole lot of differences between the two eras.