'06 Season

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There were some outstanding individual performances this season. Joe Mauer won the AL batting title, the first catcher in either league to do so since WWII.
smiley32.gif

Freddy Sanchez of the Pirates won the NL batting title and also led the league in doubles. He is of Spanish descent as best I can tell. His real name is Frederick Phillip Sanchez and he was born in Hollywood and looks European.

Sanchez-Freddy%20sm.jpg

Justin Morneau tore it up with a .321 average, 34 HR and 130 RBIs. Others:

Lance Berkman: .315/45/136 (wow!)

Travis Hafner: .308/42/117

Jim Thome: .288/42/109 (now has 472 career home runs)

Jason Giambi: .253/37/113 (great comeback story)

Troy Glaus: .252/38/104

Adam Dunn: .234/40/92 (needs to hit for a better average)

Chase Utley finished 10th in the NL in batting, second in hits (203), and first in runs scored (131)

Matt Holliday was fifth in batting in the NL (.326) and and fourth in runs.

Michael Young was second in hits in the AL with 217

Scott Podsednik tailed off to just 40 stolen bases, fifth in the AL.

The most wins by a pitcher in the NL was just 16. That may be the lowest total ever in either league for a complete season. The high in the AL was 19. The 20 game winner is becoming very rare. Makes the career wins numbers of Clemens, Maddux, Glavine and Johnson that much more impressive. Johnson won 17, giving him 280 for his career. Glavine has 290 after going 15-7. All should be back next season with the possible exception of Clemens.

Roy Oswalt led the NL in ERA. Edited by: Don Wassall

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Scott Podsednik was a complete disappointment this year. He probably won't be given a second chance with the White Sox. I'll be sad to see him go, he was one of my favorite players to watch. He will probably be replaced by Ryan Sweeney - hes fast. The White Sox have a lot talented white prospects like Josh Fields and Brandon McCarthy. Hopefully they'll be given a chance to shine.

Paul Konerko batted .313 35 HR 113 RBI. Paulie has been solid for about 3 years now. He usually has one month that just kills his chances to win MVP.

Jon Garland went 18-7. His ERA was high. You have all the Tigers pitchers. I know a couple of them finished with 17 wins. Bonderman finished with 200 + strikeouts.

Baseball is becoming a strictly Latino zone so its almost impossible for white & black(American) players to the crack the line-up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot about Jason Bay of the perennially bottom-feeding Pirates, he had another fine season with 35 homers and 109 RBIs and a .286 average.

Skipperron

Guru
Jason Bay is consistent and a great team player, but he plays under a big burden. He is white. Already on the Pittsburgh board that I post on, "fans" are wondering if it would not be time to trade him. They feel that the Pirates don't do enough signing of Hispanic players and Japanese players. The sugestion is to sign someone like Lee from Texas, Rondell White etc etc. The one thing in common about their suggestions is that everyone they pick is , you guessed it, black . They also are waiting with baited breath for the black wonder Andrew McCutcheon, saying that he will be up sometime next year and we can then get rid of Duffy or even at that time trade Bay. Help. Another very white team is quickly going all black. Without a major increase in talent, I might add.

whiteCB

Master
Also Hafner has all those sick stats and he missed about 30 games again this year. I can't wait to see the sick numbers he'd put up if he could only stay healthy for a full season. Man I really hate those damn pitchers that keep beaning Travis and putting him on the DL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I find it funny that Berkman puts up very similar numbers to Pujols, they both play in the same division yet Berkman gets zero face time on ESPN. Its not like Houston a small market team, ESPN sure flocked to Texas for all the Vince Young worship last year.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Houston is bigger then St. Louis. Berman's stats this year deserve equal billing with Pujols, and Berkman has had some good years before. It's a total caste system black out on Lance.

LabMan

Mentor
# of at bats may have come into play here,but Houston's Luke Scott lit up the National league,as well as Atlanta's Brian McCann,and the silence was deafening!

Deacon

Guru
Leonardfan said:
I find it funny that Berkman puts up very similar numbers to Pujols, they both play in the same division yet Berkman gets zero face time on ESPN.
After viewing his stats on ESPN, I'm thinking the same thing. To be fair I've heard countless numbers of times that the baseball tonight crew refer to Lance as the most underrated.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah Baseball Tonight knows how good Berkman is, its' just those a-holes over at "Sportscenter" that don't have a clue.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
So, what teams are we cheering for this post season? I was hoping the Twins or the A's made it. I'm rooting against the Mets and Yankees.

Skipperron

Guru
And I was cheering for the Detroit Tigers to beat the Yanks but looking at their lineup I see they had only 2 white players in their lineup. Not counting the pitcher. The Yanks were not any better .

LabMan

Mentor
So hard to watch New York and Detroit play in what used to be American cities and stadiums built by White people,now forced out,just to live a bearable life.

And even harder to watch Whites cheer for teams that feature "maybe",four players who are White!, out of the starting two lineups.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
LabMan said:
So hard to watch New York and Detroit play in what used to be American cities and stadiums built by White people,now forced out,just to live a bearable life.

And even harder to watch Whites cheer for teams that feature "maybe",four players who are White!, out of the starting two lineups.

Are there any other people on the planet that do that? I can't think of one other example other then the occasional appearence by an all star team or celebrity game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The good news is that white players dominated the voting for the NL Cy Young Award. The bad news is that winner Brandon Webb had the most unimpressive stats I can recall a winner having -- 16-8, 3.10 ERA. It wasn't that long agowhen those kinds of numbers were expected from the number two starter on a staff. . .

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The good news is that white players dominated the voting for the NL Cy Young Award. The bad news is that winner Brandon Webb had the most unimpressive stats I can recall a winner having -- 16-8, 3.10 ERA. It wasn't that long ago when those kinds of numbers were expected from the number two starter on a staff. . .
Or possibly a third starter if the team was championship caliber.Edited by: white is right