Why don't other whiter teams do as well as Boise State

referendum

Mentor
Boise State has been an inspiring program over the last few years, beating far darker opponents in bowl games and exciting non-conference matchups. So far they keep recruiting whites, and play them on defense and at WR in big amounts. My question is, what are they doing well that other programs such as Boston College, Vanderbilt, Iowa, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington State (which has generally been pretty white) and other relatively white programs clearly haven't done as well. Shouldn't these teams also be benefiting from picking up white guys that other programs have rejected? Or is Boise States style of play better adapted for white players than maybe other schools?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Stanford, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Wisconsin have succeeded as they have whitened. Only a loss to Oregon prevented mostly white Stanford from playing for the national championship in 2010 and 2011.

The 85% black SEC teams have hurt the status of white athletes and confirmed the caste system racism more than anything else in the past decade - all to the spastic cheers of their conservative white fans.

dwid

Hall of Famer
because no turnover in staff really, places like Wyoming and Colorado are viewed as stepping stones,a nd those coaches aren't that good in the first place. Also, Whites still want to go to big time programs, even if it means sitting on the bench. The biggest trouble majority White teams face is finding good linemen, even SEC recruits top White linemen, they may sit on the bench but they are recruited. Its more likely to happen at teams such as USC

Northwestern and Boise St have dedicated head coaches who stick with the program. Stanford didn't have a problem with moving on after Harbaugh and Luck, but they have stayed in house I believe, what got them started was Gerhart, before they were 1-11. Interested to see what Wisconson does this year, multiple Rose Bowl appearances and the coach jumps ship to make mor money. The best coaches tend to be in the highest demand and the SEC has the most money to pay them.
Kirk Ferentz has stayed with Iowa and hasn't had many down seasons, is fairly WHite friendly, and I believe has had the most bowl wins against SEC teams in the last few years. I could be mistaken. Of course even some of the more White friendly coaches stray away from the winning pattern and wind up scratching their heads, like a Bo Pelini, who has darkened his defense and they get 80 points put on them, and I thinkits gotten darker. A few years back they were Whiter and had a notirious defense., White safeties, White defensive tackles etc.

But good coaches change alot. Rice had McGUffie and couldn't uitlize his talents, going with 4 different qbs while he ran the ball. They had boosters calling plays during practice, and a few years before he got there they had James Casey and Chase Clement and were a 10 win team under a different staff. Tulane has been like this, White friendly for some of the years but terrible coaching. Which is why I think Ryan Griffin (White) who went like 2-10 is looking amazing for a UDFA qb in preseason, starter potential. Same thing with Jeff Tuel, , Leach wasn't there along enough to turn the program around.

I mean just because a team is majority White doesn't mean they will be a good program. It takes quite a bit to build a successful college program, well not as much as they would have you believe, but many of those guys aren't the brightest. If you put those same White kids on a team like Alabama then you would get different results.

and its not just talented White linemen that ride the pine, look at Matt Cassel, capable NFL starter, never started for his college. I am sure there are more of them out there. Now you can debate his success as a pro but no doubt he would have been a great college qbs. SEC teams like to horde White speedsters who never see the field unless special teams, like Daniel Graff, Track star, 4.35, LSU, cornerback, not one single play outside of special teams. Steve Korte, also LSU 250 4.3 speed, halfback, only got there because his dad had ties, former Saints lineman, never got a shot, although this was during the period of Jacob Hester getting the ball so not too bad. We are familiar with guys like Hunter Furr etc. With the obession with black quarterbacks I am sure there are plenty more potential White stars at qb riding the pine.

Last edited: