White Heavyweights

Sean

Mentor
As we all know, white heavyweights are dominating the division. I thought it would be good if we could have a list of white heavyweights, with links to their records and info. That way, we can keep track of who's fighting, and when, and if anyone new turns pro. I think I've got most of the current white heavyweights, of course not all of them will be champions, some have already had their chances and blew it. Regardless, here is a tentative list of the current white heavyweight scene. Feel free to make any updates you may find or if I missed anybody let me know
smiley32.gif

Albania
Krasniqi, Luan
Australia
De Mori, Mark
Meehan, Kali
Belarus
Lyakhovich, Serguei
Ustinov, Alexander
Canada
Bergeron, Jean Francois
Binkowski, Art
Pajkic, Neven
Croatia
Preskar, Mario
Czech Republic
Dirgas, Stefan
Pala, Ondrej
Denmark
Bertino, Claus
Finland
Helenius, Robert
Rosberg, Jarno
France
Duhaupas, Johann
Georgia
Abramyan, Rudolf
Chanturia, Vladimir
Marabyan, Artur
Germany
Dettweiler, Rene
Gerber, Edmund
Hoffmann, Timo
Koc, Cengiz
Koeber, Sebastian
Kretschmann, Steffen
Mies, MarcelEdited by: Sean

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yes, great work! You can add Mike Marrone to the U.S. setion. He did lose once (to Pianetta) but he can still come back as he is only 21.

Sean

Mentor
Thanks guys, added Marrone. Hopefully more to come later
smiley32.gif

Sean

Mentor
British Heavyweight boxing is finally beginning to pick up a bit. All of the up and coming heavyweights except one are white. Check out these two videos on Big Dave Howe.

Dave Howe feature

Dave Howe debut

He looked really open to punches in his debut "fight", but thats most likely just nervous excitement. When he's sparring with the black fighter in the training montage, he looks a lot like a young Wladimir Klitschko! He 6'8 and weighs 245.Edited by: Sean

white is right

Hall of Famer
British Heavyweight boxing is finally beginning to pick up a bit. All of the up and coming heavyweights except one are white. Check out these two videos on Big Dave Howe.

Dave Howe feature

Dave Howe debut

He looked really open to punches in his debut "fight", but thats most likely just nervous excitement. When he's sparring with the black fighter in the training montage, he looks a lot like a young Wladimir Klitschko! He 6'8 and weighs 245.Edited by: Sean
Mark De mori has a fight this morning EST. It's interesting that his team wanted to fight Sam Peter and the fight fell through. I don't know if that means he was stepping up a class or the word is out Peter is SHOT(probably a bit of both). Instead he fights veteran trial horse Damon Reed. I liked it better when he was training out of Oxnard California with decent trainer Papa Garcia. I think promotional problems with Don King who now isn't relevant in the heavyweight division caused his relocating back to Australia. I just don't think you can get the sparring partners in Australia to raise your skill level and conditioning to fight the elite of the division. Anyway best of luck to him today!

TBProdigy

Guru
David Price and Tyson Fury out of the UK are amongst the biggest white prospects right now

white is right

Hall of Famer
De Mori ko'd Reed in the 5th round. I would love to see him step up in competition to see if he can make a run in the division. Shane Cameron would be a good step up in competition.

white is right

Hall of Famer

white is right

Hall of Famer
Andy Ruiz seems to be coming along nicely. He's a White Mexican who is built along the lines of White journeyman Chauncey Welliver.http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bradley-provodnikov-undercard-results-178325#more-178325
Former NFL journeyman Leif Larsen fought Odlanier Solis this weekend and lost a fairly close decision. On the surface that sounds like a "good" loss, but he is about to turn 38 years old and is still close to a novice in the sport. Larsen did no favour to himself by coming into the ring looking like a fleshy bouncer at 275 pounds, he is the same height as Wladimir and out weighed a typical Klitschko weight by around 30 lbs. Conditioning could have been a factor in this fight.

amoeba man

Guru
Australian heavy Lucas Browne comes up against James Toney next month.Its a step up for Browne who's undefeated so far in 15.Brownes a big guy,boxes around 260lbs and posesses power but needs to improve technically to make the jump to the next level.

Another young heavy David Allen [uk]is a guy with alot of upside.Just turned 21 and is around 6'3,250.Goes by the name 'White rhino' and is apparently a very aggressive,come forward type.His young age and athleticism gives him alot of upside imo.He should develop alot sparring in pro gyms.

The younger cousin of Tyson Fury,Hughie Fury made his professional debut over the weekend scoring a 2nd rnd tko.He measures in at 6'7-6'8 and 234,good weight for an 18 yr old.He will fill out nicely.Hughie imo is more talented than Anthony Joshua the black 'Brit' who won gold at last years Olympics and who will turn pro later in the year.Expect Joshua to get alot of hype as' the future of the heavy division'

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Lucas Browne continued to win, stopping Travis Walker on Thursday.

Hughie Fury is already 8-0.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
English boxer Sam Sexton beat African Larry Olubamiwo by UD today.

Scores were 60-54 on all three cards.

amoeba man

Guru
Dutchman Rico Verhoeven the top heavyweight kickboxer in the world and current champ has switched to boxing and made his debut last month scoring a knockout.He defended his kickboxing title last weekend against Daniel Ghita so not sure if he will compete in both codes.He's 6'5,255ibs and has a physique cut from marble.Hope he trains boxing full time because he could be a force and Vitali,Marco Huck and Povetkin come from kickboxing backgrounds so there's no reson he cant go all the way.

Tyson Fury's 18 year old brother Young Fury made his pro debut scoring a ko.He's built differently at 6'1 and 240ilbs but supposedly punches hard and has an aggressive style.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Gerry Cooney was a very successful white heavyweight who was active in the 1980s. During his pro career he only lost 3 fights.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Gerry Cooney was a very successful white heavyweight who was active in the 1980s. During his pro career he only lost 3 fights.
Yeah, alcoholism/drug abuse and self esteem issues from a bad father knocked him out early.

The Hock

Master
I think I may have said it before but if you could have put Randall Cobb's head on Jerry Cooney's body you would have had a scary heavyweight. But that's not the way it works.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think I may have said it before but if you could have put Randall Cobb's head on Jerry Cooney's body you would have had a scary heavyweight. But that's not the way it works.
yeah, Hock, If you had Randall mindset on Cooney's ability, Cooney would have steamed rolled a capable Larry Holmes in round 9 of their fight. But he had a fragile mind, hence the outcome in a very competitive fight.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Gerry Cooney was the hardest punching heavyweight ever. Watch the Youtibe video of his fight with Ken Norton if you don't know or don't remember. He was terribly mismanaged, and he mismanaged himself terribly too. He could have and should have been the champ. For some reason, back then, white heavies, like Cooney and Quarry, always seemed to falter when they got to the top.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I think I may have said it before but if you could have put Randall Cobb's head ...

Tex Cobb is a colorful character, a real interesting guy, intelligent and funny. He became an actor after he left boxing. His Jewish ex-wife was posting on one of the boxing forums at one time. She said he was a bum and a "racist", but allowed that he was a really funny racist bum, and she still loved him or liked him or something. He seems to have disappeared from public view in recent years. The Hollywood yids probably blacklisted him.

Last edited:

amoeba man

Guru
Russian heavyweight Sergei Kuzmin made his debut yesterday scoring a first round knockout.27 years old and was European champion as an amateur.I think he will have a similar career to Pulev and climb the ranks quickly.