We’re all Americans...right?

Sean

Mentor
NBA Player disses anthem

Let's see how much the media plays this up. You know it never fails to amaze me how things like this, Michelle Obama's proud of America comment and others get brushed aside so quickly.

My question to Howard is this; why do you live here if you don't celebrate this country? You're black. Go to Africa.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I kind of did a WTF? double-take when I saw this on TV. Not only is his statement completely nonsensical and borderline incoherent, but it's also a pretty acute representation of the kind of "athletes" the NBA prefers to employ. It's just unthinkable that this would come out of anyone's mouth, regardless of who they are.

Don't like the national anthem? Then get the hell out.

I usually refrain from political banter on CF, but it really sets me off when people IN THE UNITED STATES openly disrespect it. You don't have to live here. This is why I stay away from immigration discussions. I just can't stand disrespectful garbage like this.

I appreciate the 1st Amendment as much as the next guy, but I hardly think that was what was on Mr. Howard's mind when he spewed this waste. Sorry for the rant.Edited by: PhillyBirds

Deus Vult

Mentor
I appreciate his candidness. He is right: we are not his people; this is not his country. He and his folk are perpetual aliens, not by choice necessarily, but because this is nature's way. Racial integration is folly.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Does he say something like "Obama and all dat sh*t" at the end of the video?

One way or the other, it sure sounds like he made the most of his education at Wake Forest. Probably had the same excuse for not going to class, or sleeping through each one he was forced to attend.

"Wha chew ax me? Don` need nun a dat sh*t. I be black."

Maple Leaf

Mentor
This is typical stuff that the liberal left just brushes off as excusable. Another example of why there are Americans, Latinos, Asians, and Africans living in the United States and why the Africans will always be Africans and never Americans. But it must be infuriating as hell as a white player to see the white coaches suck up to these dolts.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
He looks like the kind of ugly, big-toofed moron who starts trouble with lone white men for no good reason other than to try to look hard in front of his friends, but if you catch him alone at McDonalds late one night after the show he doesn't say jack.

He should go live in Sudan. There the national anthem represents blacks. They also have constant civil war, child soldiers, starvation, slavery, witchcraft, genital mutilation, rampant GRIDS, etc, but at least he wouldn't have to stand for whitey's anthem.

He is free to leave the country. Zimbabwie needs farmers.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this position on anything that symbolizes "America" is far more typical than not in the black community.

this is one of the many reasons why i don't care if blacks approve of anything about me. they are not like me, they don't like me, and nothing i can do will ever change that.

it'd be for the best if white people everywhere figured this out, instead of pretending "we can all just get along."

The national anthem was never meant to represent farm equipment anyhow. The national anthem was written for white men, by whitemen. I see the point though, I suppose I am just saying that this behavior is to be expected from a member of a tribe that cannot rise above the level of Cow dung and stick.

Charlie

Guru
'farm equipment' Ha!

I understand mules are demanding just due for their years of unpaid service. Payment being 40 acres and a black.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Typical NBA "afflete" communication skills & probable political position.
smiley21.gif

Sean

Mentor
I was not at all surprised to see or hear this, because I already knew this was the way most black Americans felt. I'm a little surprised it got any media coverage at all! The reason why this is interesting, is because white fan will still cheer him, wear his jerseys, and he will probably get no backlash at all. How can people not see this!?!?

This summer I heard a black preacher on the radio. He was speaking out AGAINST Barack Obama, and how unproportionately blacks were voting for him because he was black. He then said that most black Americans were racist against whites. I was surprised that someone would say this to the media. Of course the white host and the callers (one was black) all argued against him that this wasn't true, however the preacher (can't remember his name) wouldn't change his stance, instead breaking down the arguements of the callers to further prove his point.

The Bible says you can't serve two masters. Kind makes you wonder what "african-american" means doesn't it?

GiovaniMarcon said:
He looks like the kind of ugly, big-toofed moron who starts trouble with lone white men for no good reason other than to try to look hard in front of his friends, but if you catch him alone at McDonalds late one night after the show he doesn't say jack.

Idiots like this are the reason I keep myself in superior physical condition. You never know when one of the "animals is going to escape from the zoo", so to speak.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
I was not at all surprised to see or hear this, because I already knew this was the way most black Americans felt. I'm a little surprised it got any media coverage at all! The reason why this is interesting, is because white fan will still cheer him, wear his jerseys, and he will probably get no backlash at all. How can people not see this!?!?

This summer I heard a black preacher on the radio. He was speaking out AGAINST Barack Obama, and how unproportionately blacks were voting for him because he was black. He then said that most black Americans were racist against whites. I was surprised that someone would say this to the media. Of course the white host and the callers (one was black) all argued against him that this wasn't true, however the preacher (can't remember his name) wouldn't change his stance, instead breaking down the arguements of the callers to further prove his point.

The Bible says you can't serve two masters. Kind makes you wonder what "african-american" means doesn't it?

Sean; I think the black preacher you are referring too was likely the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson. I have also heard him say that most blacks were racist and/or prejudiced against whites.

Sean

Mentor
guest301 said:
Sean; I think the black preacher you are referring too was likely the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson. I have also heard him say that most blacks were racist and/or prejudiced against whites.

Yes thats who it was. Thank you guest301. He was a very straight shooter and said a lot of things I agreed with about most blacks.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Your welcome. I have heard the Rev. Peterson called a "Uncle Tom" on a couple of occassions. There is a old Turkish proverb that says "he who tells the truth shall be chased out of seven villages". It's the same thing in the black community and sheesh the white community as well for the most part.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jason Whitlock gets called an "Uncle Tom" a lot even though it's obvious he's proud to be black and is interested inseeing blacks do betterby talking honestly about racial issues.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
So another idiot with a low iq basically said F You to all of white america. Blacks continue to say it and get away with it.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
So another idiot with a low iq basically said F You to all of white america. Blacks continue to say it and get away with it.

*sarcasm* Yes but it's white America's fault for putting him in this situation! *sarcasm*