Washington Commanders General Thread

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dalton Schoen signs to the practice squad.

Wow so that brings them up to 3 with Humphries and Milne?! Always liked Schoen at Kansas State. Has better wheels than given credit for(See highlights against Texas).

Phall

Master
I accidentally turned on my television and my remote got stuck on Thursday's NFL game for a few fleeting moments. I tried to turn my body away in disgust but before I could lurch I noticed Adam Humphries getting a number of looks in a high-leverage scoring sequence. The curiosity bug struck me, so I looked up all his stats and tested measurables. Weird to think that he's not just getting decoy reps as some tactician - Humphries beat someone out for the job!

Red Raider

Mentor
I accidentally turned on my television and my remote got stuck on Thursday's NFL game for a few fleeting moments. I tried to turn my body away in disgust but before I could lurch I noticed Adam Humphries getting a number of looks in a high-leverage scoring sequence. The curiosity bug struck me, so I looked up all his stats and tested measurables. Weird to think that he's not just getting decoy reps as some tactician - Humphries beat someone out for the job!
Yes! I believe this year will be the resurgence of Adam Humphries. Tennessee used him horribly and he dealt with some injuries as well. Washington knows how to spread the ball around and properly use the slot receiver, he could/should have a 70+ catch season. Would love for them to work Milne in some more, he got some action on Thursday but wasn’t targeted.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chase Young is being promoted by the fake news sports media as one of the faces of the NFL this season. And how has Young responded so far? Zero sacks and just 9 total tackles (6 solo 3 assisted) in the first three games.

Red Raider

Mentor
Chase Young is being promoted by the fake news sports media as one of the faces of the NFL this season. And how has Young responded so far? Zero sacks and just 9 total tackles (6 solo 3 assisted) in the first three games.
I think Chase Young is going to be a pretty good player for a while, but if he has a mediocre career like Jadeveon Clowney he will get the same treatment like Clowney gets. Even though Clowney has been a really disappointing player they treat him like he’s a top 10 edge rusher. Chase Young will get treated the same way even if he doesn’t put up big numbers every year.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I think Chase Young is going to be a pretty good player for a while, but if he has a mediocre career like Jadeveon Clowney he will get the same treatment like Clowney gets. Even though Clowney has been a really disappointing player they treat him like he’s a top 10 edge rusher. Chase Young will get treated the same way even if he doesn’t put up big numbers every year.

What's funny is that Clowney's stats are similar to Mike Mamula's. Yet Clowney is lauded as a star and Mamula is falsely called a "bust."

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Don’t the Glowies have better things to do? Like setup concerned parents at school board meetings, who don’t want their children to be taught to hate themselves?

lol, one would think. I noticed CBS is busy doing damage (propaganda) control making shows glorifying FBI.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if this scrub (1 career catch in two seasons) will immediately vault over Dax Milne in the pecking order, sure seems like it from the blurb.

Milne played 41% of the snaps in Week 5 and 20% last week, but with just one short catch to show for it.

Surprising that Milne only turned 22 in June. He grew up in Utah but maybe isn't a Mormon, or if he is he didn't do a two-year mission.

Washington signed WR Antonio Gandy-Golden.
Gandy-Golden spent the first month of the season on Washington's practice squad. He was elevated the past two weeks but played just 11 snaps. With Curtis Samuel (shin) and Cam Sims (hamstring) sidelined, Gandy-Golden adds depth and should see time in four-wide sets.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dat upside n privilege = immediate starter.

Looking forward to Rodgers carving up this overrated and flat out bad Washington Defense. Full of 1st Rd picks and underachieving. They'll probably try to scapegoat Holcomb, but right now he's Top5 LB In tackles

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Dat upside n privilege = immediate starter.

Looking forward to Rodgers carving up this overrated and flat out bad Washington Defense. Full of 1st Rd picks and underachieving. They'll probably try to scapegoat Holcomb, but right now he's Top5 LB In tackles

They already are. The anti-white party line is that Holcomb is awful in coverage.

This is hard to believe given his high end athleticism (9.64 RAS).

Bucky

Hall of Famer
They already are. The anti-white party line is that Holcomb is awful in coverage.

This is hard to believe given his high end athleticism (9.64 RAS).

Of course they are! It's sickening the critique White Players face. Even when they perform at a high level, there's always some random Jamal that could do better.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Redskins defensive struggles are based on black jack del rio and his all upside 1st round d-line.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Adam Humphries has been underused this season so far (just 33/341/0) but may see a lot of targets in Week 15:

Terry McLaurin (concussion) did not practice. McLaurin was spotted stretching with trainers on the sidelines but he was ultimately held out of practice because of the concussion. He suffered the concussion in the third quarter of the Football Team's Week 14 matchup with the Cowboys and was quickly ruled out. McLaurin will need to progress through the concussion protocols before he's cleared to play in Week 15. If he can't go, Adam Humphries, who led the team with seven targets last week, would be Taylor Heinicke's top receiver.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Adam Humphries has been underused this season so far (just 33/341/0) but may see a lot of targets in Week 15:

Terry McLaurin (concussion) did not practice. McLaurin was spotted stretching with trainers on the sidelines but he was ultimately held out of practice because of the concussion. He suffered the concussion in the third quarter of the Football Team's Week 14 matchup with the Cowboys and was quickly ruled out. McLaurin will need to progress through the concussion protocols before he's cleared to play in Week 15. If he can't go, Adam Humphries, who led the team with seven targets last week, would be Taylor Heinicke's top receiver.

That would be great. Adam is a very good receiver and like so many other of our guys just needs more opportunity to showcase what he can do. If Heinicke learns to trust
in him more then we will see them both shine. One thing I respected about Edelman with the Pats is that he knew to become good friends with Brady in the offseason and
work on the chemistry over the spring and summertime. This develops trust on a friendship level and on the playing field. Many of our guys could learn from this tactic.

If you look at Stafford and Kupp you can tell they are like best friends. This pays off. The same way the brothers on the team stick together. Kinship, brotherly love and
just like a second family. I hope Meineke can also get to know Heinicke better so that next season they will give him more of an opportunity at the wide out spot.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
I guess the new name is the Washington Commanders? LOL. Commanders of what?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Haha Commanders of Woke. How gay.

Lol. They couldn’t even keep it a secret for a few more weeks. It leaked out. If they get rid of black Jack del rio, draft a few White OL and draft Kenny Pickett I would forgive them for such a bad name choice!

wile

Master
I automatically typed in "Commodores" when looking for news of this breaking story today, nothing burger name, sounds like something they make up for movie football teams.