USC, UCLA to join Big 10

Flint

Mentor
USC, UCLA moving from Pac-12 to Big Ten in 2024

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34173688

What a joke. The conference’s don’t make any sense anymore. No geographic sense, no historical sense, just an endless pursuit of more money. With pay for play coming and players getting “compensation” for their likeness it just seems like a matter of time before the whole thing falls apart.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to go but I hate what they are doing to college sports. They are ruining the game I love with teams leaving conferences where they have played in for a century. Paying the athletes and countless other things.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. They just can't help themselves.

white is right

Hall of Famer
USC, UCLA moving from Pac-12 to Big Ten in 2024

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34173688

What a joke. The conference’s don’t make any sense anymore. No geographic sense, no historical sense, just an endless pursuit of more money. With pay for play coming and players getting “compensation” for their likeness it just seems like a matter of time before the whole thing falls apart.
I agree that these conferences are essentially a conglomerate of professional sports teams in guise of amateur school programs. Schools will fight for direct payment to the athletes because of health care costs which could be crippling for football.

The PAC 12 is all but gutted with the two LA teams fleeing in two seasons. I wouldn't be shocked if a new super conference emerged from this merging the gutted Big 12 which is set to lose Texas in a similar time frame with the remnants of the PAC 12.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Retarded. More evidence that rich folks can do whatever they please, as long as they have enough $$. Conference realignments have killed the NCAA. For all it's problems, I think we will miss the old days of the NCAA. The new system is whoever throws around the most $ gets what they want. Obviously higher gas prices played no factor in this stupid B1G expansion. I guess that's for regular wage slaves like us to do deal with.

icsept

Master
Unfortunately, college football was already ruined for me. Since the SEC takeover, the entertainment value has plummeted. We will see how it all shakes out. At this point, all I can do is watch games featuring some White stars..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Notre Dame and Oregon are joining the Big Ten now too. Conference re-alignment, NIL and broadcast money are all to blame.

Having PAC 12 teams join is asinine. ND makes sense from a geographical standpoint but let’s be honest all these colleges are recruiting turds from Florida, California and Texas while ignoring the talented in state White athletes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Notre Dame and Oregon are joining the Big Ten now too. Conference re-alignment, NIL and broadcast money are all to blame.

Having PAC 12 teams join is asinine. ND makes sense from a geographical standpoint but let’s be honest all these colleges are recruiting turds from Florida, California and Texas while ignoring the talented in state White athletes.

Yes from looking at a map it's beyond insane. Nothing in this upside down clown world suprises me anymore. Think of all the tradition of a game like the Rose Bowl. All the history not to mention the life long conference rivarlies. Wake me up
and tell me they are not really doing this. Every thing they touch they ruin. I like things to mostly stay the same. You can make minor adjustments but the sports world is just as crazy as society. But as long as they can say black lifes matter.
Complete b.s.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

I am disgusted by these moves. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I've been around the block a few times. HISTORIC RIVALRIES are one the most important things in football and anyone who's followed the sport knows that. I hate what this does just in respect to historic rivalries alone. This is all about the god of money.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Another thing not mentioned much is that if pac 12 schools are moved into the big ten then the amount of travel time for all conference members is going to increase significantly (but especially for those two).

If this were a minor league sport officially it wouldn’t matter much but the pretense of student athletes is going to take a big hit because this isn’t realistic. Also does this apply to all sports like swimming and baseball?

Given that most actual student athletes and walk ons tend to be melanin deficient I can’t see this as a positive development for our guys.

eveyone knows the swimming and baseball demographics too, so…

maybe if they abolished all conferences and just did scheduling by geography, it would help but it would probably just undermine what they are doing now so it wouldn’t be allowed.