UFC 189

Liverlips

Hall of Famer

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
If all goes well, whites will have 4 of the 8 belts after tonight. And we got next cracks at heavyweight (Arlovski or Miocic), 205 (Gustaffson) and 155 (Cerrone) as well.

Fortitud3

Guru
Flag wavers chanting USA.

He was born in the same geographical borders as me! I must chant for him!

Fortitud3

Guru
If Rory loses, he deserves too. He landed 4 or 5 head kicks in the first minute and then threw 2 weak ones the next 4.

Fortitud3

Guru
I don't understand how he calls that... Lawler was walking around sideways couldn't defend himself, but then they call it like that.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The repulsive Sinead O'Connor yodeling an Irish song for Connor's ring walk ...

Fortitud3

Guru
Must be so proud of Ireland. *** marriage and the communists terrorists that have waged a fratricidal war.

Fortitud3

Guru
McGregor should just cut his hair, looks like a moron constantly pushing it back.

Fortitud3

Guru
12-6 elbows are apparently legal on the ground I'm guessing, otherwise McGregor landed 4 very obvious ones to the top of the head and I don't know why other fighters are doing that.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I think the reason I hate McGreggor is that he got all this undersevered hype. Any time Dana White likes a fighter it is always a bad thing.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Although Connor gets the win and the belt, his weakness in take-down defense and ground game was exploited for all to see.

Mendez was able to land elbows from the half mount position and looked to lock-up a guillotine or two againts McGregor.

McGregor didn't do much from the guard (except for the 12 to 6 elbows which may be illegal), but did land key combinations during stand up. He also needs to work on keeping his guard up, or a better striker with longer arms will make him pay.

Rory MacDonald fought real hard, but was tentative with his techniques after getting Lawler hurt. I think MacDonald's key mistake was getting sucked-back toward the cage after hurting Lawler, when he should have continued landing kicks and strikes from the outside.

Little Heathen Stephens landed a beautifully timed and executed knee in his win against Burmudez.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Although Connor gets the win and the belt, his weakness in take-down defense and ground game was exploited for all to see.

Mendez was able to land elbows from the half mount position and looked to lock-up a guillotine or two againts McGregor.

McGregor didn't do much from the guard (except for the 12 to 6 elbows which may be illegal), but did land key combinations during stand up. He also needs to work on keeping his guard up, or a better striker with longer arms will make him pay.

Rory MacDonald fought real hard, but was tentative with his techniques after getting Lawler hurt. I think MacDonald's key mistake was getting sucked-back toward the cage after hurting Lawler, when he should have continued landing kicks and strikes from the outside.

Little Heathen Stephens landed a beautifully timed and executed knee in his win against Burmudez.

Good breakdown. Americans are the BEST wrestlers periOd! Very entertaining card! MacDonald fought valiantly but ended up getting caught. Lawler (33) showed bulk and outpowered Rory(25) in rd 4! I agree I think fighters prime is early 30s!! McGregor was pissin me off His box ing wassloppy early,his hands were down yapping and he got tagged multiple times by Mendes. His takedown was weak! He was lucky to get back up after 2nd takedown. Once he did he was dominant the strikes he landed once up were pinpoint from angles,efficient,and powerful. Wonderful boxing he needs an American wrestling coach.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Edgar VS McGregor Will be a banger!! Edgar could very well win by his dominantwrestling but McGregor has punchers chance! Crazy power in his stand up.

elispeedster

Mentor
Good breakdown. Americans are the BEST wrestlers periOd! Very entertaining card! MacDonald fought valiantly but ended up getting caught. Lawler (33) showed bulk and outpowered Rory(25) in rd 4! I agree I think fighters prime is early 30s!! McGregor was pissin me off His box ing wassloppy early,his hands were down yapping and he got tagged multiple times by Mendes. His takedown was weak! He was lucky to get back up after 2nd takedown. Once he did he was dominant the strikes he landed once up were pinpoint from angles,efficient,and powerful. Wonderful boxing he needs an American wrestling coach.

McGregor has the natural ability to pickup wrestling very quickly. He should work with a Wrestling coach full time. His stand up doesn't need any work at all. Just focus on the grappling/wrestling

elispeedster

Mentor

McGregor is the better striker and has the longest reach in this weight class. He just needs to focus on wrestling/grappling full time. his striking is solid, just maintenance work in that dept.