Pure Hatred For Grossman

bigunreal

Mentor
Has any QB been criticized more often than Rex Grossman? From his now popular nickname of "Wrecks" (as we've pointed out before, no black player ever gets these derisive nicknames, and no white player gets the fawning, lovable ones that blacks get) to virtually every jock-sniffer on television publicly demanding he be benched, the hate directed at him has been intense and non-stop.

This morning, I heard one of my favorite ex-players, Steve Young, join the mob and pile on Grossman, too. He, like all the others, stated that it was unfair to the team when "everyone else" is playing so well, while the QB is terrible. I guess Young thinks that the Bears' WRs are great, and a decent QB (which would, of course, include any black QB who trotted onto the field) could find them wide open and waiting for the ball. I guess he thinks their offensive line is great, and that Cedric Benson and co. are providing a first-class running game.

This is just another case of pure racism. Yes, Grossman has looked horrible this season, and at times he was very bad last year. But, if he was a black QB, all you would hear about would be "his" won-lost record (you know, the Vick-Young refrain of "all he does is win games"), and how he "led" the Bears to the Super Bowl. Does anyone doubt this would be the case? Grossman's career is now shot, without question, thanks to the drunk white fans and the white-hating talking heads, who are always on the lookout for any token white player they can find who isn't playing mistake-free, perfect football. Edited by: bigunreal

Grossman has been pretty bad this year.

I do have to comment that the rest of his team has been subpar so far as well. The much vaunted Bears defense was mauled by the Cowboys the other night. Cedric Benson fumbled the ball. His receivers are pretty bad (where is Mike Hass!) and never seemed to be open.

I do agree that if Grossman were black, he would at least get picked up by other delusional coaches who think he has talent. As it stands I don't think Grossman will ever get a chance to get another try at the superbowl.

G

Grossman has been terrible. There are several white quarterbacks available who could do a better job than him.

The double standard in criticism is there, but I'm glad he's finished.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Geez the guy has been awful I agree, but it is only his second season as a starter. If he were black the media would be pointing out that "he's basically a rookie." I do agree that the Bears might want to bring in Greise b/c their defense is so good and they may have an opportunity to win now. Greise is a better option at this point. However, if Rex were black he would have a chance to resurrect his career later on. The Bears WRs other than Berrian suck (Mike Hass needs to play), their O-line doesn't look too good and Benson has been horrible as the RB. Rex is pretty bad, but the team has made him even worse!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Are they blaming Grossman for all those long bombs Berrian has been dropping? It seemed to me every time I turned to glance at the game, he was dropping another pass. I wonder how good Grossman would have appeared to be if his receivers actually caught the ball.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I suspect the NFL keeps the QB position intentionally thin so they'll always have White's to attack.

They don't want anymore Tom Brady's, picked in the 6th Round, becoming stars.

So, many White QB's will get the Jared Zabransky treatment.

Grossman may not be a top 32 QB, but neither is Tarvaris, Jason Campbell or Vince Young.

I knew Tennessee would beat the Saints' -- but I was very disappointed in Young's performance against the terrible Saints' secondary.

The media doesn't treat blacks as if they're equal when they slobber all over Vince for an under-200 yard passing performance against the Saints'. That is beyond ridiculous.

The biggest racists are those that go all around the world -- grabbing up various peoples' -- with the intention of bringing them to the West to try and transform them into civilized and productive White People.

Bear in mind, the above is simply the "official line"!

Nonetheless, why assume that non-White's want to be White people or want to hold White values? Why assume that they'll appreciate White culture and White achievement?

To those involved in the above "experiment" -- it might be working out just fine with the White death and miscegenation. We have reached the point that "worse is better" because I'm convinced that the apathy can't be infinite. Civilization will always have it's reoccurring phases.

The Bi-pedes are different which is why they were put on different continents.

What's good for one kind of bi-pede is invariably bad for another -- and what's bad for one kind of bi-pede will give another something to rejoice about.

Long ago -- the non-Whites heard about the beauty of the White woman -- and from that point on we were under attack and invaded FIRST. We were formidable and they were waiting, just waiting, for the time that we could be cracked like a soft shell...

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I can deal with the interceptions but the fumbles just made him unbearable to watch. (no pun intended) I think it's becoming clear that most of the Bears failures had little to do with Grossman. Their running back, o-line, wide receivers all had a part in their miserable start.

I hope Rex gets another chance because it's clear Brian Griese doesn't have an arm. I'd like to see Orton get another shot, too.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
How is it clear Griese doesn't have an arm? How far is he supposed to throw the ball before he can claim to have an 'arm?' He threw a great long bomb to Berrian in one highlight that I saw recently. According to NFL.com, the only one to throw a longer pass than that this season is John Kitna. Griese is averaging 293 yards a game, behind only Tom Brady and Carson Palmer. His average yards per completion puts him squarely in the middle of the pack, but ahead of other big name quarterbacks like McNabb, Favre, Eli Manning, Bulger, Leinart, Brees, and Alex Smith.

In my opinion he's doing just fine, but I admit my view of him has been obtained only from watching highlights and reading about the Bears' games. I haven't watched an entire Bears game yet that he has started.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The throw Griese made to Hester that resulted in an 80 yard TD looked to me to be about 55 yards in the air going by one replay I saw (and it was right on target too). That estimate could be off, but it appears Griese can throw the ball 55 yards and maybe farther. How many times during a game does a QB need to throw the ball at least 55 yards?

I used to get into arguments with drunk white fans about this when I'd state the case for Eric Crouch being a quarterback in the NFL. "But Michael Vick can throw it 70 yards, man, and Crouch can't." How often does that disparity figure into a game? And what does it matter if Vick and other alleged "cannon-armed" black QBs can throw it 100 yards iftheylack accuracy and the ability toread defenses?

G

Rex Grossman was the worst starter in the league this year. I don't know why anybody would want to see him back in action this season. Let him take a year off and come back with a different team.

Tavaris Jackson can pass Grossman for terrible quarterback play in 2007, but he's only gotten two games in so far.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
The throw Griese made to Hester that resulted in an 80 yard TD looked to me to be about 55 yards in the air going by one replay I saw (and it was right on target too). That estimate could be off, but it appears Griese can throw the ball 55 yards and maybe farther. How many times during a game does a QB need to throw the ball at least 55 yards?

I used to get into arguments with drunk white fans about this when I'd state the case for Eric Crouch being a quarterback in the NFL. "But Michael Vick can throw it 70 yards, man, and Crouch can't." How often does that disparity figure into a game? And what does it matter if Vick and other alleged "cannon-armed" black QBs can throw it 100 yards if they lack accuracy and the ability to read defenses?

Not every white quarterback is good. There are plays that should have resulted into points but didn't happen because of Griese.

First, great comeback by Griese this Sunday. But you know what? It shouldn't have been that close. What I meant by Griese not having an arm is he has timing issues. He rushes balls and throws behind his receivers constantly. He had an open Hester in the end zone and waited too long to throw it. His decision making is improving each game, but I don't see him as an improvement over Grossman. He limits turnovers but doesn't take chances down field. Well, until the game is almost over. I do stand by my words. He doesn't have the extra oomph on his passes, which doesn't mean he can't throw down the field. It just means he doesn't have the laser Grossman possesses.

I noticed we don't have many wr options. Berrian is playing for his contract and doesn't want to get hurt. He doesn't get his nose dirty and drops passes. The man they call Moose is slow and worthless. The only good thing he can do is block. If this guy was white he would've been cut a long time ago. Hester is stupid. A great player but dumb ass a box of rocks. He was one of the reasons they didn't have any timeouts towards the end of the game. He's an exciting player though.

I watched McNabb and think he's a perfect Bear quarterback. Anyone that watches the Bears knows that is not a complement. He made many of the mistakes I'm accustomed to seeing the Bears quarterback make. I thought he was one of the better black quarterbacks but he didn't look too special in that game.

G

Hello,everybody.
I am a newer here.

Hi, and now you're a goner.Edited by: Don Wassall

forty-four

Guru
smiley32.gif