Paul Goldschmidt

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Paul Goldschmidt led the NL in HR's, RBI's, SLG%, OPS, and TB, batted .302, and won a Gold Glove, but finished second to Andrew McCutchen, who led the NL in 0 stats that I know of, for the NL MVP.

Meanwhile, Cabrera led the AL in 4 stats, but not HR's or RBI's.......while Mike Trout beats McCutchen in every single stat and actually led the league in Runs and finishes second behind Cabrera. Go figure.

Oh well, I guess since whites dominated the Cy Young Awards, they couldn't give every award to whitey even though it was deserved!

Last edited:

PHillisFan

Master
Paul Goldschmidt led the NL in HR's, RBI's, SLG%, OPS, and TB, batted .302, and won a Gold Glove, but finished second to Andrew McCutchen, who led the NL in 0 stats that I know of, for the NL MVP.

Meanwhile, Cabrera led the AL in 4 stats, but not HR's or RBI's.......while Mike Tout beats McCutchen in every single stat and actually led the league in Runs and finishes second behind Cabrera. Go figure.

Oh well, I guess since whites dominated the Cy Young Awards, they couldn't give every award to whitey even though it was deserved!

It is ridiculous. Goldsmidt and Rizzo are the future stars at 1st base in the NL. Throw in Freeman too. I expect them to win a lot awards for years to come.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Goldschmidt quietly having another great year.

Now leads the NL in Runs 71; doubles 38; RBI 65, and TB 209.

He has 18 HR's and is batting .310.

As you'll recall he led the NL in HR's, RBI's, SLG% OPS, and TB and won a Gold Glove last year and finished behind McCutcheon who led the NL in 0 stats for the NL MVP!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Meanwhile, Cabrera led the AL in 4 stats, but not HR's or RBI's.......while Mike Trout beats McCutchen in every single stat and actually led the league in Runs and finishes second behind Cabrera. Go figure.

Goldschmidt having another great season,

BA: .356 5th
HR: 6 T-5
RBI: 22 2nd
H: 32 7th
R: 19 4th
SB: 5 7th
SLG. .622 3rd
OPS. 1.070 3rd
OBP. .448 4th

Goldschmidt is in the top 7 in 8 major categories even more impressive than Trout at this time!

Meanwhile, Andrew McCutchen, whom he lost the NL MVP award to, Goldschmidt was robbed,:see my first post, is batting .198 with 2 HR's and 13 RBI's and hasn't stole a base, was caught on his only attempt!

PHillisFan

Master
Goldschmidt having another great season,

BA: .356 5th
HR: 6 T-5
RBI: 22 2nd
H: 32 7th
R: 19 4th
SB: 5 7th
SLG. .622 3rd
OPS. 1.070 3rd
OBP. .448 4th

Goldschmidt is in the top 7 in 8 major categories even more impressive than Trout at this time!

Meanwhile, Andrew McCutchen, whom he lost the NL MVP award to, Goldschmidt was robbed,:see my first post, is batting .198 with 2 HR's and 13 RBI's and hasn't stole a base, was caught on his only attempt!

McCutchen had no business winning Mvp. You can count on Goldy's consistency. Rizzo and Freeman are also having effective years.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sports Illustrated (From A Cultural Communist Perspective) finally deemed Paul Goldschmidt worthy of an article. And what an exercise in crude, simplistic propaganda it is.

The theme of the piece by Ben Reiter is stated immediately in the sub-headline: "Once a stiff, unheralded prospect, Paul Goldschmidt has turned himself into a perennial MVP and Triple Crown threat through sheer determination. . ."

In the first paragraph Reiter states that Goldschmict is "many things" but "one thing he is not is particularly fast." Goldschmidt has become one of the National League's top base stealers because he hones his technique and studies pitchers, enabling him to be successful on 19 of his first 23 attempts, thus overcoming being slow.

Tony LaRussa is quoted to the effect that Goldschmidt, because of his work ethic, "can't be better than he is."

In high school Goldschmidt "looked thick and stiff -- a graceless fielder, whose swing, though productive, didn't appear likely to work at higher levels." Despite hitting .352 with 18 homers and 88 RBIs in 57 games as a junior college, there was next to no interest in him among scouts.

Two years after being an 8th round pick by the Diamondbacks, Goldschmidt was getting MVP votes, and now he's a Triple Crown contender. Again, this is attributed entirely to his studious nature and "discliplined daily routine, which is detailed down to when he takes his coffee," writes Reiter, and "his humility, which teammates insist is authentic, has made him a notoriously predictable quote among those who cover him."

Goldschmidt finished the ten credits he needed to get his finance degree from Texas State after he was drafted by the Diamondbacks, another testament to his work ethic.

According to the article, Goldschmidt has never been recognized anywhere outside of Phoenix, and a "number of factors -- that he was a late bloomer, that he plays in Arizona, that he shuns attention -- have kept him from attaining genuine superstardom." Who knew that a baseball player becomes a superstar not by his accomplishments but only when the media declares him to be one?

Stiff, slow and unathletic, Goldschmidt has become a great baseball player solely through his intelligence and work ethic. Oh, and the additional twist is that Goldschmidt is the grandchild of Jews who fled Nazi Germany. So he uses his superior Jewish brain to outperform naturally gifted blacks and lazy, less motivated Whites.

It's three non-stop pages of Stereotyping 101. In the interests of full disclosure of its relentless agenda, Sports Illustrated should be printed as a comic book rather than a glossy magazine.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Paul G. came close 3 other times in his long great MLB Career but today was finally awarded the 2022 N.L. MVP Award! Well deserved
by a true superstar who also is a Biblical Christian and happily married man with a beautiful family. Listen to the interview and you just
know that espn did not want him talking about his faith. I'm glad he did it all for the glory of God! What an all time great. This should have
been at least his 2nd award if not 3rd in my opinion but he finally won the highest individual award a player can acheive!

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Paul G. came close 3 other times in his long great MLB Career but today was finally awarded the 2022 N.L. MVP Award! Well deserved
by a true superstar who also is a Biblical Christain and happily married man with a beautiful family. Listen to the interview and you just
know that espn did not want him talking about his faith. I'm glad he did it all for the glory of God! What an all time great. This should have
been at least his 2nd award if not 3rd in my opinion but he finally won the highest individual award a player can acheive!

Congratulations Paul Goldschmidt! If you look at my original post number 1, Goldschmidt led the league in 6 major stats in 2013 while Andrew McCutchen led in 0 stats yet managed to win the MVP. 2013 was a total farce and every person who voted for McCutchen should be ashamed.
However, Goldschmidt finally has his MVP and has become one of the premier players in all of baseball. With a few more good years, he should be a lock for the HOF!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Outstanding! Congratulations to Paul, who by all measures seems to be a great man.

Hard to believe he’s already 35 as I can remember him coming up as a youngster with the Diamondbacks. Time flies. Hopefully he’s got a few more elite seasons of production left in the tank before he rides off into the sunset.