Patrick Laird

Warhawk_46

Master
Not sure where to put this one as he is currently a free agent.

I see the Dolphins have brought in multiple backs so his time in Miami appears over. I could see him, perhaps, getting a shot in New England given Belechick’s past usage of Danny Woodhead and Rex Burkhead.

Perhaps Laird will go the route if the XFL or USFL (if it makes it to a second season)?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Maybe Laird should talk to the Rams. They lost Sony Michel so maybe they could have a spot for him. That would be so cool and he can play.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I like Laird a lot!
And when he got to play (2 seasons ago?), he was really good!
I really hope he gets another shot.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Laird signed by the Bucs.

This is great. Hope he can get a little playing time. It's great as he won't have to relocate. If it works out he can just have an apt during the season and then go back to his house. He also gets to play with Tom Brady on an elite level team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Giovani Bernard injured an ankle and is getting up there in years so Laird might have a chance to play a bit, but it's a small chance. There's still three other RBs ahead of him, including two that were drafted in '20 and '22 so I don't have a lot of hope on this one. I'm more worried about Scotty Miller making the team, which is trending toward unlikely at this point.