Notre Dame skill guys

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame has an emerging bunch of talented players at the skill positions. three VERY good guys are catching the ball: WRs Matt Shelton (a senior) and Jeff Samardzija (a junior) and TE Anthony Fasano (senior). Samardzija is 6'5" and is 2nd on the team in receptions and yards, and 1st in TDs with 5 already. Shelton is recognized as the fastest receiver on the roster and the Irish's best deep threat. Fasano is a rare talent at tight end: he can catch, run, and block.

of course Brady Quinn is slinging them the ball, and new head coach Charlie Wesi thinks he can become a great one.

on the other side of the ball, Tom Zbikowski is not only tough as nails, but also has corner speed at the strong safety position. in fact, he was a first team All-American in high school as a corner and runs a 10.4 100 meters. he's a big-time playmaker, and also returns punts.

JoeV

Guru
Everytime I watch Notre Dame, they are calling Samardzija's name on every other play. That kid is going to be something else.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He is awesome to watch! I have really been enjoying seeing Notre Dame play this year. I think they are for real as well, despite the close loss. Michigan State got real lucky last week.

G

Samardzija blew up big time in today's game against Washington!

8 catches for 168, including a 52 yard touchdown. One of his
catches was highlight reel material, a one handed grab while he was
falling down.

That kid is a star.

whiteCB

Master
Zbikowski is the man! This guy looks like the best safety on college football. I don't care what anybody says this boy can flat out play. What a hitter.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jeff Samardzija is ranked 15'th in the country in receiving. He has two more games to get up to number 10. I hope he does it!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Zbikowski is the man! This guy looks like the best safety on college football. I don't care what anybody says this boy can flat out play. What a hitter.

You said it! Good thing about him is he is already a safety, it is his natural position, and he is great at it. Also safety is an "acceptable" postion for a few white guys in the NFL so I think we can be assured he will get picked fairly high and we will be cheering him on Sundays some day.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
JEFF SAMARDZIJA had 7 big catches today in the win over Syracuse. He ended up with 80 yards and a TD. Matt Shelton had 3 catches for 62 yards, and Anthony Fasano had 2 catches for 7 yards. Tom Zbikowski had 3 punt returns for 22 yards, plus 2 tackles. BCS here we come!