Nick Willis (NZ) medals in the 1500meters

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
New Zealand's Nick Willis won the bronze medal in the 1500 meter foot race in a tightly contested final. He pipped white Berber Mehdi Baala and badly defeated several Africans, and himself was only a couple seconds off the gold. Too bad he didn't get 1st, but it's great to see a white medal in a track event.

Here's to a good showing in the 800!

G

I almost started a thread called "1500 meter garbage" to express my thoughts on the US performance.

Here we are again, with over 200 million european americans, and the US is unable to develop a single guy who can even final at 1500 meters. It is pure garbage.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Allan Webb should have been there. Other than Lagat, Webb is the best we have and he was sitting at home watching it on tv while the olympic poster boy got beat along with Lagat. There are alot of sprinters, middle distance and long distance kids all across america that have the ability to be special. If only coaches would give them a fair chance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I forgot, congrats to Nick Willis on an amazing race!
smiley32.gif

Kiwi

Great effort by Nick Willis in the 1500 and a proud day for New Zealand. That was our first track medal since 1976 I think, and our 6th medal overall for the 1500m. Great to see Nick following in the footsteps of former NZ 1500m legends like Jack Lovelock, Peter Snell and John Walker.

white is right

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
I almost started a thread called "1500 meter garbage" to express my thoughts on the US performance.

Here we are again, with over 200 million european americans, and the US is unable to develop a single guy who can even final at 1500 meters. It is pure garbage.
So much for the hype sorrounding Lomong and the EPO cheat. The top three looked like a we are the world Coke commercial from the 70's. The Brown Caucasian, followed by the Black Sub-Saharan, followed by the White Caucasian. Full marks to Willis as that final was loaded and I didn't think anybody would beat out an African for a podium spot.