Mike Brown is a tough dude

Sean

Mentor
On the live WEC card tonight, Mike Brown destroyed the highly hpyed Leonard Garcia in the first round. I think he's going to beat Faber again in the rematch.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I expected that to be a much tougher fight for Brown. He brutalized and beat Garcia down bad. First degree ass whoopin'.

Was glad to see Razor Rob at least get the decision over Marcus Hicks. He hurt Hicks in the first round with that kick to the ribs but was never able to capitalize on it later.

Sean

Mentor
White Shogun said:
I expected that to be a much tougher fight for Brown. He brutalized and beat Garcia down bad. First degree ass whoopin'.

Was glad to see Razor Rob at least get the decision over Marcus Hicks. He hurt Hicks in the first round with that kick to the ribs but was never able to capitalize on it later.

Yeah, what happened to Rob? He used to be so exciting. It's almost like he is too much awe of his own power, combined with being a little gunshy from the Varner fight. I hope he can get it together again, because if he can, he'll be a top guy, if not the champ again.

And yes, Brown dominated completely. He is much better than I had even originally thought.

The Hock

Master
Garcia looked baby faced and soft compared to Brown. You gotta give Garcia props for fighting back after he got clobbered with that head punch.

But this looked like a plain physical mismatch.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Mike Brownupset Urijah Faber with a devestating punch in the 1st round of their fight too. I knew he was tough and strong, but Leonard Garcia is no joke.

Faber, despite seeming like a bit of a showboater / wigger, is certainly one of the most exciting fighters on planet earth. It's a shame he and Brown are in the same weight class. I wouldnt be surprise if he beat Brown the second time around.

Video of Fabervs. Brown 1....

KO punch 4:32 into the fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8oJNhLjih0

Poacher

Mentor
Mike Thomas Brown is the best fighter nobody has heard of in MMA right now. He just seems like a no-nonsense guy. Big fan.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nobody under 155 should try to stand and trade with Brown. I love the guy, but Faber will probably try to take it to the ground in the rematch. If Mike can beat Faber again he will be maybe top 5 p4p.