Media Waking Up?

Sean

Mentor
Here is a great aricle I found on Yahoo. While it's not perfect, it's much better than the useless trash usually put out by the boxing media.

Eastern European Boxing

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Meinhardt pointed to the performance of Vitali Klitschko on Oct. 11 in Berlin. He hadn't fought in four years because of chronic injuries yet dismantled utterly helpless WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter, who quit after the eighth round.

Going into the fight, Peter was recognized as the second best heavyweight in the world, behind only Klitschko's brother Wladimir.

"Everyone underestimated him," Meinhardt said. "Vitali is a real, real warrior. He'll never give up. That's his mentality, his character. That's how Russians, people from Ukraine grow up, the mentality of people from Eastern Europe. ... 'You have to kill me or I'll kill you' is the Russian motto. It's in the mind and hearts of all these fighters."

Amen.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Great article
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
" ...the mentality of people from Eastern Europe. .. ... 'You have to kill me or I'll kill you'

I wish Andrew Golota had gotten this message!

Still, good to see the media at least mentioning the obvious -- Eastern European men are the best fighters in the world.

Seahawker71

Chris Rock once said

"The lower you go on the social ladder the better you fight"

It's clear why Soviet Bloc fighters are beginning to dominate. It's a
chance for them to break out of a poor socioeconomic system. The SB
countries don't comprise the wealthiest of European nations.These young
men have to fight to eat.

America use to have that hunger before men were allowed to bitch out.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
"The lower you go on the social ladder the better you fight"

Then why aren't the Ethiopians kicking everyone's ass?