Mayweather Sr., class act <sarcasm>

freedom1

Mentor
Here's part of the interview from Eastside Boxing

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24235&more=1

Floyd Mayweather Sr: "Pacquiao didn't want to fight Shane Mosley and my son f*cking destroyed him!"Â￾
by Geoffrey Ciani - This week's edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio featured an exclusive interview Floyd Mayweather Senior whose son recently scored an impressive one-sided victory against Sugar Shane Mosley. Rumors have recently been in circulation about a potential showdown in the fight everyone wants to see, and that of course is a fight between Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather Senior discussed this possibility and here is some of what he had to say:

On Manny Pacquiao being named ‘Fighter of the Decade' by the BWAA:
"That's bullsh*t. It ain't nothing but bullsh*t, that's all it is. Like I said, that's why boxing is going bad because of sh*t like that. Everybody knows this man isn't f*cking boxer of the decade. He got his ass whopped by two fighters that nobody even knows the fighters that whopped his ass. Nobody even knows who whopped it. The couple of guys who whopped it, nobody even knows who the hell they are. How the hell can he be ‘Fighter of the Decade'? My son's been fighting top class fighters and beat all their asses. He beat every one of them, and he got two or three losses on his record and he's ‘Fighter of the Decade? How the hell can that be? It's impossible. Whoever said that, they got to be dumb, stupid, and crazy. I don't give a damn what writer, reporter, or whoever it may beâ€"they're dumb, stupid, and crazy as far as I'm concerned.."Â￾

On why he thinks Pacquiao was named ‘Fighter of the Decade':
"It ain't nothing but bullsh*t. Like I'm telling you, it ain't nothing. It's just some stuff they put in. Whoever they want to get in, that's who they put in. They figure they are gonna make him big. One thing about it, they can't downplay my son because my son's the biggest fighter in boxing today. It ain't even Pacquiao, so they can forget about it. How can it not be my son when my son beats all the top fighters and plus, he was ready to fight Pacquiao and Pacquiao evidently don't want to fight him because he ain't taking no tests. Now that's the problem right there."Â￾

On whether he thinks his son has to fight Pacquiao just to silence his critics:
"He ain't got nothing to prove! What does he got to prove? He whopped somebody Pacquiao didn't want to fight. Pacquiao didn't want to fight Shane Mosley and my son f*cking destroyed him! There really ain't even nothing to talk about because my son has shut them all down and shut all their mouths, and their mouths should be shut because everything they said he can't do he went and did. So that's the ‘Fighter of the Decade' right there."Â￾

On rumors that a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather will happen:
"It ain't nothing but rumors. It ain't nothing but rumors. Pacquiao don't want to fight him. I know he don't want to fight him. How's he going to beat him? With his coach?"Â￾

On the Olympic style drug testing in a fight between his son and Pacquiao:
" With Shane Mosley, Shane Mosley came clean. He did everything he was supposed to do just like my son asked. He did everything he was supposed to do, my son did everything he was supposed to do. He beat the sh*t out of Shane. That's all we're asking Pacquiao to doâ€"come clean, and then we can do it. Come clean. Whatever it's about, just come clean whatever it is. As long as you come clean, guess what? Everybody knows what's going to happen"Â￾

On whether a fourteen day cutoff on the random Olympic style drug testing would be good enough:
"No, that ain't good enough. No. It should be done random. When it's done random, whenever they want to test Floyd they can test him; whenever they want to test Pacquiao, they can test him. Anybody can put something in their body and it's going to work way before fourteen days. So that ain't nothing but a bunch of garbage. What they're doing, I know what happensâ€"the whole thing is he really puts the stuff in him and turns into an animal and maybe pull something off with little Floyd where everybody goes, ‘Whoa! Pacquiao! Pacquiao!' No, no, no, no. I wouldn't even go for that, not at all. My son would be a fool if he does, and I don't think he's going to go for it, either, and he shouldn't go for it."Â￾

On claims made by his son that he might take another one or two years off from the sport:
"Oh hell no. It's just talk, that's all it is. No, that right there is not going to work right there and he knows that."Â￾

On the claim he made last July that Shane Mosley posed the biggest threat to his son at that time:
"Like I told you, I didn't change my mind. That was the biggest one I was telling you about then that I thought. The only thing he proposed is he hit my son in the second round. That's the only thing he proposed and after that it was all downhill for him. Like I said before, then at that time, that was back awhile. That was before we knew about Pacquiao. That was before Pacquiao was coming up big like this. It was before Pacquiao came up beating up all these big guys in bigger weight classesâ€"way bigger weight classes then him. That's before Pacquiao started coming up and doing thatâ€"how did a guy do that, man? To beat all these big guys when other guys in the same division can't beat them but little Pacquiao comes up there and beats them, and stops them and makes them quit, and makes them retreat, and give up, and make them say ‘No mas', and all that. I don't know how that is. How is that? How is that done?"Â￾

On who he believes poses the toughest challenge for his son right now:
"I can't even tell you man, to be honest because my thing is, I really think to be honest that my son is the best fighter out there today. I don't even see any threats no more."Â￾

On why the fight between Pacquiao and his son could not happen the first time they entered negotiations:
"It didn't not happen because of my son, though. My son was willing to fight him under the proper conditions on what they're talking about making legal today. They're talking about making that legal, that Olympic testingâ€"and they should make it legal to stop all of this BS and this nonsense man, because boxing is going way, way in the opposite direction."Â￾

On whether he believes boxing will suffer if a fight between Pacquiao and his son is not made:
"It's going to suffer. Yes, it will suffer because of that because there ain't no more name fighters, other than my son, to really even talk about to be for real. After my son lets the boxing game go, the game's pretty much sliding unless they find someone real, real quick. It ain't looking good for boxing."Â￾

jcolec02

Mentor
All the more reason it will be great to see Pacquiao destroy that punk.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If I remember correctly Mayweather Sr. doesn't really like his son. The guy is a buffoon who thinks incomplete thoughts. He can barely put a sentence together. I hope a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight happens. Mayweather should have at least one loss on his record. I can't remember the fighters name off hand but he lost to a hispanic and was given a gift decision.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Floyd Mayweather Sr on Joe Calzaghe

Yeah, Joe Calzaghe whooped all of them ****a's. He put Bernard and Roy Jones on the corner. Calzaghe is a white pimp. He beat the sh*t out of both of them and put them on front street. So I don't know, Bernard might go over there and get that again. He shouldn't because that boy[Pascal] can't fight, but it's happened before. He talked all of that sh*t about never losing to a white boy and Calzaghe ended all of that talk. He put it to rest.

Full interview can be found here

http://fighthype.com/pages/content8492.html

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Westside

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Floyd Mayweather Sr on Joe Calzaghe

Yeah, Joe Calzaghe whooped all of them ****a's. He put Bernard and Roy Jones on the corner. Calzaghe is a white pimp. He beat the sh*t out of both of them and put them on front street. So I don't know, Bernard might go over there and get that again. He shouldn't because that boy[Pascal] can't fight, but it's happened before. He talked all of that sh*t about never losing to a white boy and Calzaghe ended all of that talk. He put it to rest.

Full interview can be found here

http://fighthype.com/pages/content8492.html
I missed this post and aricle. Goes to prove my theory, there is always exceptions to the rule. In this case Mayweather Sr., has wisdom and is right, at least this one time.
smiley17.gif