Marek Zakrzewski 2022 Euro Under 18 Champ & 2023 Euro Under 20 Champion 100 and 200 Meters/10.25 & 20.63

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is only 16 but I'm gonna start a thread as I am hopeful for bigger and better things in the future. No need to rush the kid or put
too much pressure on him but he has the talent, work ethic, confidence and swagger of a champion someday at the senior level. Poland
is really doing things good in the sprints on the womens side. Time for the men to step it up and Marek Zakrzewski can help lead the way.

uid_93230d93c080a489ed4d4255be774c031657052561560_width_1280_play_0_pos_0_gs_0_height_720_marek-zakrzewski-fot-getty-images.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
17 year old Marek Zakrzewski won the Under 20 Polish Champs a week ago. He just missed a major personal best as
he ran a time of 10.16 +2.4! Just a tad less wind and it would have counted. This kid has a very bright future ahead of him!

uid_ce0089e645ba6de0a2db563474fd43a21674741896051_width_1200_play_0_pos_0_gs_0_height_678_marek-zakrzewski-fot-instagram.jpg

Filip Kolodziejski

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski the New Sprint King of Poland. The 17 year old won the 2022 European Under 18 Champs last year and today he
followed up that with another outstanding achievement. Zakrzewski won the 2023 European Under 23 Champs today. He set a new
p.b of 10.29 in the first round and broke his that personal best again in the finals winning the gold medal in a time of 10.25!

Marek Zakrzewski wins the gold medal at the 2023 European Champs :number_one:

AA1eYb4B.img

https://allathletics.tv/videos/3621763/mens-100m-final

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping Marek Zakrzewski can pull of the historic sprint double. No sprinter has done this since 1991 in the Euro Under 20 Champs!

The last male sprinter to achieve a European U20 100/200m double was Darren Campbell in 1991! pic.twitter.com/R1dsKmtbZs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski wins Double Gold Medals over 100 & 200 Meters at
the 2023 European Under 20 Championships.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Zakrzewski's double at the U-20 European Championship. The Pole outclassed his rivals
Author: Maciej Walasek • 1 hour.

AA1f1OAm.img

Marek Zakrzewski won a double at the track and field European Championships up to the age of 20. Apart from him, Polish athletes won other medals on Wednesday during the competition in Jerusalem. Zuzanna Wiernicka was second in the 3000 m, and Maksymilian Szwed won bronze in the 400 m.

Marek Zakrzewski won the second gold medal in Jerusalem, as on Tuesday he triumphed over 100 m and with the score of 10.25 he broke the Polish junior record.

On Wednesday he turned out to be the best over twice as long a distance. The Pole had a clear advantage over his rivals, and in the last meters he slowed down and raised his hands in a gesture of triumph. In the end, he broke the personal record with a score of 20.63. Dutchman Timo Spiering was second in 20.97, while Italian Daniele Groos (21.01) was third.

sprintstar

Mentor
I doubt his legs with not get longer in comparison to his torso length but he will get faster......remember Boling ran a 10.11 at 18/19 so we will see where Marek is at 18/19 years of age.....hopefully faster....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Eurosport
He was so fast that a stopwatch failure was suspected. "I called to say I have a gem"
Rafal Kazimierczak
By Rafal Kazimierczak

Act. 17/08/2023, 13:20 GMT-7

Stress? It is, sure it is. And the hope that in the World Athletics Championships, which will start on August 19 in Budapest, he will help the older boys from the relay team on the treadmill, and not from the stands, as a reserve competitor. Sprinter Marek Zakrzewski, only 17 years old, is already astonishing with his results. – He broke the door to senior sport – his coach, Polish record holder in the 400 m Tomasz Czubak, tells Eurosport.pl.

Year 2017, early September.
Sylwia Borecka, a PE teacher in primary school number 5 in Słupsk, introduces Marek to Tomasz Czubak. The meeting "Champions are looking for Champions" is underway, and Czubak was a champion from the top shelf, a star and a supporter of the 4 x 400 m relay led by coach Józef Lisowski, also famous. In the relay, he just won the gold (1999) and bronze (1997) of the World Championships, and his result over the distance of 400 m, i.e. one lap of the stadium - 44.62 s - is still a Polish record. Athletics celebrity and already, now a coach at the Young Athlete Academy in Słupsk.

Marek is 11 years old, he is just starting the sixth grade and he runs very fast, much faster than older boys, not to mention his peers.

Sylvia recalls:
“I had just changed jobs, transferred to a different school, and wanted to meet these new kids. I did a test for them, taking advantage of the beautiful weather, we went out on the treadmill. Marek ran 60 meters like lightning, within eight seconds, so I simply thought that something had happened to the stopwatch and asked him to run again. Eight seconds again. I called Mrs. Beni, the president of the Young Athlete Academy, that I had a gem. And at the meeting "Masters seek Champions" Marek and I approached Mr. Tomek Czubak. Lucky to have someone like that in our city.

3763646.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
"Sometimes you just need to hear someone run"
Marek had no idea who the man he was being introduced to was until later his parents explained it to him.
Czubak says:
I was smiling after the first run. And after the second, I knew that the boy had quite a great predisposition to running, simply.
What did the trainer see during these two runs? "Sometimes you don't need to look, just listen to someone run." There was no tapping feet on the tartan, there was a nice, natural, ear-pleasing rhythm.
The beginnings were more fun, encouraging children to sports and athletics. General development, games and activities. Lots of laughs. Once Marek took part in classes conducted by Czubak, another time in those conducted by Mrs. Benia, i.e. Bernadeta Kopeć. Seriously, already under the supervision of Czubak, he started training as a 16-year-old.
- He's ambitious. Is calm. I see that he takes sport very seriously. At important competitions, he turns off his phone and doesn't talk to anyone. He focuses on the start, nothing interests him then - says the coach.

3763657.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek says:
- Of course, we have difficult moments with coach Tomek, but it's probably normal. We need to exchange observations and suggestions to work better. And so it goes, we flow in the same stream, you can say. I trust him, that's the most important thing. I don't have an idol, I've never had one, but coach Tomek is definitely a model of commitment to work for me. He devotes a lot of time to us, our whole group, at the expense of family life.
Marek is a student at the V Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Zbigniew Herbert in Słupsk. - Previously, I went to the Uniformed School Complex, also in Słupsk, but it's not for me. Favorite items? I'm most interested in social studies, I don't know, maybe I'll study political science or law? We'll see how my running develops. Will I be able to train and study, for example, law. I don't have time now, I'm always on the road, at competitions or camps, parties or meetings are usually out of the question. Fortunately, Magda, my girlfriend, trains with me and goes to the same school, so there is no problem here, we see each other very often.
picture

Marek Zakrzewski

Photo: Getty Images

"Not mission impossible, but mission possible"
In 2022, in Jerusalem, Marek ran in the 100-metre race for gold at the European Junior Championships. In 2023 - recently, in August, also in Jerusalem - the gold of the European Junior Championships under the age of 20 (as a reminder, he is still a 17-year-old himself) won two, at distances of 100 and 200 m. He did not give his rivals a chance, crossing the finish line in time - respectively - 10.25 s and 20.63.
Czubak was not surprised by the gold medals or the results. - Before departure, we talked that it was not mission impossible, but mission possible. He had a difficult task, because he was probably the busiest guy in this championship, these eliminations, semi-finals and finals of 100 and 200 m gave him a bit of a hard time. During the warm-up before the relay race, he felt pain in the biceps muscle, fortunately, the ultrasound showed nothing except the overload state - he explains.
After returning to Poland, Marek had no free time - he was called up to the national team, the most important, senior one, for the world championships that will be hosted in Budapest. He will become a representative colleague of such stars as Anita Włodarczyk, Wojciech Nowicki, Paweł Fajdek and Piotr Lisek. He will be one of them. He kept fit before leaving for the camp in Karpacz.
Tomasz Majewski, a two-time Olympic shot put champion in the 2008 and 2012 seasons, and today the vice-president of the Polish Athletics Association, explained that Marek will be a reserve 4 x 400 m relay in Budapest. Whether he will start is unknown. "He's had a very tiring event, so we'll see how he's in shape and how he's going to feel after a lot of running in the junior championships." It is important for him to see what such great competitions look like, in the future it will certainly pay off - explained Majewski.
picture

Marek Zakrzewski during the European U-20 Championships

proxy-image

MSN

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski during the European U-20 Championships
Photo: Getty Images
"I don't believe it"
Marek wants to run in Budapest very much, it's clear. - Of course it is, and who wouldn't? And I think I have a chance to be in the starting lineup. I'm stressed, you know, but I'm going there to support our relay team and even contribute to its success - he announces.
Tomasz Czubak (second from the right) was a star and supporter of the 4 x 400 m relay led by coach Józef Lisowski, also a celebrity. In the relay, he just reached for gold (1999) and bronze (1997) of the world championships
There will be no Czubak in Budapest. On a daily basis, coach Tomek is a firefighter, a shift commander in the rescue and firefighting unit in Ustka. He'll be at work. - Marek deserved this trip, he earned it. And looking at his further career, even for next year's Olympics, he must stay in this senior sport for good. If he broke down the door to it, he must stay there. I only ask for one thing, let's not put pressure on him, let him develop peacefully. And it is gonna be fine.
Sylwia, who discovered Marek's talent, will also be cheering on the athletes fighting in Budapest in front of the TV. I follow his career and we keep in touch. - It's an amazing feeling to see your student in all these competitions. And now the world championships... I can't believe it, although I knew that sooner or later Marek would take part in it, because the results speak for themselves. It turned out very quickly.
Rafal Kazimierczak.

3763654.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mark my words guys. This kid is as close to a sure thing as you will see. His name will be known even by non track fans. The
kid has the ability to be the FACE of POLISH SPRINTING! I see him becoming a star around the world too!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski breaks his 60 meter p.b. with a 6.61

hq720.jpg

Rekord Polski w biegu na 60m do lat 20 - Marek Zakrzewski #sprint
7,561 views | Feb 10, 2024

ULpU4Jfg8DMQceYUaut42JJBK_pA5dQwWg-Z0jflF2R-Yj2bbPlN3U-YAVXGZ0kmpKQf4455lFE=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rw
KP SPORT