Kessler-Hopkins in the works?

Sean

Mentor
There's a post on boxrec stating that a Danish paper (BT) has reported that Kessler and Hopkins have agreed to a fight. Of course it's all rumor and speculation right now, but I see it as a very real possiblity. Kessler has been considering a move up to Light Heavyweight for a while now.

I personally would like to see Kessler stay at 168 for a little while longer, giving Hopkins a chance to fight (and beat) Chad Dawson. This would make Joe's win over Hopkins look even better. Then, a little bit down the line, Kessler could fight Hopkins, and become the second "white boy" to beat B-Hop.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopkins could prove to be a problem for Kessler. I thought Pavlik would beat Hopkins with ease. Man was I wrong. Kessler has better speed than Pavlik which will work in his favor.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Sean

Mentor
Hopkins will be difficult for anyone to beat, because of his style of fighting. However, I think Kessler has more boxing skill, speed, and better movement than Pavlik, with a little less power. It would be a difficult matchup for sure, but I think Kessler could win.

P-NutLane

Guru
It would depend on Mikkels ability to not let Bhop get to him with his dirtiness. I recall in the Pavlik bout, his cornerman tells him he has to go on the offensive, and try for the KO. Kelly responded by saying, "he keeps on cheatin". He was clearly frustrated, and confused as to what to do. I hate Hopkins style! But Kelly let himself get beat by it. Kessler is good, having only lost to Joe. Id like to see him lump Bernards face for him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This is a bad fight for Kessler, why fight Hopkins, just fight at 168 lbs. If kessler does fight him, fight him at 168 lbs and in Europe.

I don't know why these Europeans want to fight Hopkins and put themselves at a disadvanage. Fight him at 168 lbs and in Europe. Believe me, those additional pounds make a huge difference at this elite level.

I know, Hopkins is a f..king racist, but a great fighter at his age, he will use every dirty trick in the book if fought here in the USA. Kessler WTF up!