Jewish Woman to be New Supreme Court Justice

Solomon Kane

Mentor
<H1 itxt="1">Forthoseof you who thought that Obama's victory heralded a diminution of Jewish power/influence: please see below.(All zionists can relax--your man (as in the days ofBush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, etc.) is in the white house! Only the names, faces, andcomplexions change)</H1>
<H1 itxt="1"></H1>
<H1 itxt="1"></H1>
<H1 itxt="1">Obama picks Elena Kagan for Supreme Court</H1>
<H2 itxt="1">With control of 59 votes in the Senate, Democrats could win confirmation</H2>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=624 itxt="1"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 25px" vAlign=top width="1%" itxt="1">
<DIV itxt="1" ="credit aR">Jim Watson / AFP - Getty Images
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" itxt="1" ="caption">At the White House Monday, Elena Kagan called her nomination "the honor of a lifetime."</TD>
<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 25px" vAlign=top itxt="1">getCSS("3088867") <a href="/default.ashx/id/3088867/" target="_blank">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 152px" cn="Obama nominates Kagan to SCOTUS" ct="vts" pn="" itxt="1" ="_3088867 sitewrapper cbx cbx-video">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=152 itxt="1" ="H_3088867"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD width="1%" itxt="1" ="HI_3088867">
video.gif
</TD>
<TD width=noWrap itxt="1" ="HC_3088867">
<DIV itxt="1" ="hauto textSmallBold">Video</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=152 itxt="1" ="B_3088867"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1">
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%; -: /s/s/component_dkgrey.gif; cccccc: " itxt="1">
<DIV itxt="1" ="scalAd"></TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1" ="BI_3088867">
<DIV itxt="1" ="textHang">javascript:vPlayer(37062495,bc825c48-935f-4e6a-8a0c-ea2f654c4839)Obama nominates Kagan to SCOTUS<BR itxt="1">May 10: President Obama nominates current Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court.NBC News</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE></A></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<DIV itxt="1" ="p12">
<DIV itxt="1" ="WCCol w300 fR clrR">
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" pcid="0" itxt="1">President Barack Obama nominated <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36967616/ns/politics-supreme_court?gt1=43001#" target="_blank">Solicitor General Elena <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>Kagan <OBR> to the Supreme Court on Monday, declaring the former Harvard Law School dean <OBR>
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" pcid="0" itxt="1"><NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">"one of the nation's foremost legal minds." She would be <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">the court's youngest justice and give it three female members for the first time. The nomination <OBR>
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" pcid="0" itxt="1"><NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">to replace liberal retiring Justice John Paul <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_1_0>Stevens <OBR> set the stage for a potentially bruising confirmation battle, though mathematically Democrats <OBR>
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" pcid="0" itxt="1"><NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">should be able to prevail in the end.
<DIV itxt="1" ="mR165">
At 50, Kagan is relatively young for the lifetime post and could help shape the high court's decisions for decades. If confirmed by the Senate, she would become only the fourth female justice in history.
<DIV id=AdShowcase_F1 jQuery1273516907016="18" itxt="1" ="aC">
<DIV itxt="1" ="textSmallGrey w320">Story continues below â†"
<HR SIZE=1 noShade itxt="1">
Obama cited what he called Kagan's "openness to a broad array of viewpoints" and her "fair mindedness."
Standing beside the president in the East Room of the White House, Kagan said she was "honored and humbled by this nomination."
"I look forward to working with the Senate in the next stage of this process, and I thank you again, Mr. President, for this honor of a lifetime," she said.
Republicans are expected to criticize her for attempting to bar military recruiters from the Harvard Law campus while she was dean. That issue was used against her by critics during her confirmation hearing last year for her current post.
With control of 59 votes in the Senate, Democrats should be able to win confirmation. However, if all 41 Republicans vote together, they could delay a vote with a filibuster.
Republicans have shown no signs in advance that they would try to prevent a vote on Kagan, but they are certain to grill her in confirmation hearings over her experience, her thin record of legal writings and her decisions at Harvard.

<DIV style="WIDTH: 100%" itxt="1" ="_brl sitewrapper">
<DIV itxt="1" ="oh H_brl HC_brl">
<DIV itxt="1" ="hauto textSmallBold">Click for related content
<DIV itxt="1" ="oh B_brl BI_brl">
<DIV itxt="1" ="bigRed">Timeline: Kagan's legal career<BR itxt="1">Interactive: Kagan's nomination<BR itxt="1">javascript:SSOpen2(37061541/ns/politics-picture_stories,null,null,null);Slideshow: Kagan, Supreme Court-bound?

The senator who will preside over her confirmation hearing, Democrat Patrick Leahy of Vermont, said, "The Senate should confirm Ms. Kagan before" Labor Day.
"Our constituents deserve a civil and thoughtful debate on this nomination, followed by an up-or-down vote," said the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The Republican Senate leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, said his party would make sure there was a "thorough process, not a rush to judgment" on the nomination.
"Judges must not be a rubber stamp for any administration. Judges must not walk into court with a preconceived idea of who should win," he said, adding that Republicans would have a vigorous debate on that principle.
Obama introduced Kagan as "my friend."

<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right itxt="1"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1"></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>"Elena is widely regarded as one of the nation's foremost legal minds. She's an acclaimed legal scholar with a rich understanding of constitutional law. She is a former White House aide, with a life- long commitment to public service and a firm grasp of the nexus and boundaries between our three branches of government," Obama said.
Kagan served in the Clinton White House.
Obama began with high praise for the retiring Stevens, a leader of the court's liberals, calling him "a giant in the law," impartial and having respect for legal precedence.
Kagan "embodies the same excellence, independence and passion for the law," Obama said.
He noted that neither Kagan's mother nor father "lived to see this day, but I think her mother would relish this moment. I think she would relish, as I do, the prospect of three women taking their seat on the nation's highest court for the first time in history ... a court that would be more inclusive, more representative, more reflective of us as a people than ever before."

<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left itxt="1"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1"><a href="/default.ashx/id/3053751/" target="_blank"><A name=anc_Pol_100507_Kagan_Bio>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=298 ="appPol_100507_Kagan_Bio"><T><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 ="H_3053751"><T><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="1%" ="HI_3053751"></TD>
<TD width=noWrap ="HC_3053751">
<DIV ="textSmallBold">Elena Kagan biography</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>
<TABLE style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 70%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 ="xpress-int B_3053751"><T><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width=298 colSpan=2 align=middle>
<DIV id=poptext_Pol_100507_Kagan_Bio width:100%></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top ="#ffffff">
<TD ="credit"></TD>
<TD align=right></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE></A></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>Kagan praised Stevens for having "played a particularly distinguished and exemplary role. It is therefore a special honor to be nominated to fill his seat."
In a short tenure as solicitor general "I have felt blessed to represent the United States before the Supreme Court, to walk into the highest court in this country when it is deciding its most important cases, cases that have an impact on so many people's lives," she said.
Seven Republicans voted for her confirmation last year as solicitor general.
One of them, Orrin Hatch of Utah, a member of the Judiciary Committee, issued a statement saying his decision this time "will be based on evidence, not blind faith. Her previous confirmation and my support for her in that position do not by themselves establish either her qualifications for the Supreme Court or my obligation to support her."
Kagan would become the only justice who had no prior experience as a judge. The other justices all served previously as federal appeals court judges. She was named to a federal appeals court by President Bill Clinton, but the Senate never brought that nomination to a vote.
That means Kagan has a smaller paper trail than other recent nominees since there are no prior decisions to scrutinize.
But conservatives were already mounting an attack, one they laid the groundwork for when she was mentioned last year as being on Obama's short list for the Supreme Court post last time around.
Obama's White House team was launching its own broad campaign-style outreach to Capitol Hill and the media. That effort is designed to shape the national image of Kagan, an unknown figure to much of America.

<DIV style="WIDTH: 100%" itxt="1" ="_brl sitewrapper">
<DIV itxt="1" ="oh H_brl HC_brl">
<DIV itxt="1" ="hauto textSmallBold">Click for related content
<DIV itxt="1" ="oh B_brl BI_brl">
<DIV itxt="1" ="bigRed">Live vote: Does Kagan have the right experience? <BR itxt="1">First Read: Elena Kagan's background<BR itxt="1">Deep legal knowledge, no bench experience<BR itxt="1">Committeeâ€" bipartisanship lives where rancor rules

Her selection came after nearly a monthlong process of consideration. Obama always had Kagan on his short list but still considered a broader group of candidates, interviewing four.
The president informed Kagan that she would a Supreme Court nominee on Sunday night. He then called the three federal judges he did not choose for the position, Diane Wood, Merrick <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_29_0>Garland <OBR> and Sidney Thomas.
Monday morning before the announcement, Obama called Senate leaders of both parties.
Kagan is known as sharp and politically savvy and has enjoyed a blazing legal career. She was the first female dean of Harvard Law School, first woman to serve as the top Supreme Court lawyer for any administration.
A source close to the selection process said a central element in Obama's choice was Kagan's reputation for bringing together people of competing views and earning their respect.
The seven Republicans who supported her when she was confirmed as solicitor general in 2009 included Hatch, Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, Susan Collins of Maine, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Jon Kyl of Arizona, Richard Lugar of Indiana and Olympia Snowe of Maine.

<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right itxt="1"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 300px" cn="Analysis" ct="vts" pn="" itxt="1" ="_3088867 sitewrapper cbx cbx-video">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 itxt="1" ="H_3088867"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD width="1%" itxt="1" ="HI_3088867">
video.gif
</TD>
<TD width=noWrap itxt="1" ="HC_3088867">
<DIV itxt="1" ="hauto textSmallBold"></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 itxt="1" ="B_3088867"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top itxt="1">
<TD height="100%" itxt="1">
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%; -: /s/s/component_dkgrey.gif; cccccc: " itxt="1">javascript:vPlayer(37059213,850caeb0-35c5-4ea9-933a-62d97261ea5b)
<DIV itxt="1" ="scalAd"></TD>
<TD itxt="1" ="BI_3088867">
<DIV itxt="1" ="textHang"></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>Collins said Kagan "has an impressive resume of dedicated public service and strong legal credentials, but she does not have extensive writings by which one can assess her judicial philosophy." Collins said she planned to closely examine Kagan's record as solicitor general and looked forward to meeting with her to learn more about her views.
Kagan has clerked for Thurgood Marshall, worked for Bill Clinton and earned a stellar reputation as a student, teacher and manager of the elite academic world. Yet she would be the first justice without judicial experience in almost 40 years. The last two were William H. Rehnquist and Lewis F. Powell Jr., both of whom joined the court in 1972.
Supreme Court justices wield enormous power over the daily life of Americans. Any one of them can cast the deciding vote on matters of life and death, individual freedoms and government power. Presidents serve four-year terms; justices have tenure for life.
Democrats went 15 years without a Supreme Court appointment until Obama chose federal appellate judge Sonia Sotomayor last year to succeed retiring Justice David Souter. Just 16 months in office, Obama has a second opportunity with Kagan.
Kagan, who is unmarried, was born in New York City. She holds a bachelor's degree from Princeton, a master's degree from Oxford and a law degree from Harvard.
Before she served as a clerk for Justice Marshall, she clerked for federal Appeals Court Judge Abner Mikva, who later became an important political mentor to Obama in Chicago.
Kagan and Obama both taught at the University of Chicago Law School in the early 1990s.
In her current job, Kagan represents the U.S. government and defends acts of Congress before the Supreme Court and decides when to appeal lower court rulings.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 itxt="1"><T itxt="1"><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxt="1">
<TD itxt="1"><A name=anc_Pol_Kagan_Highlights></A></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE><I itxt="1"><EM itxt="1">© 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.[/i][/I]<OBR><OBR><OBR><OBR>Edited by: Solomon Kane

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that creature is allegedly a "woman?" really? i suspect "she" wears underwear with dick holes in 'em.
smiley36.gif

"she" probably likes having sex with women as much as i do, though.
smiley4.gif

also SK, what happened with the formatting on that post, mate? yikes!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
that creature is allegedly a "woman?" really? i suspect "she" wears underwear with dick holes in 'em.
smiley36.gif

<div> </div>
<div>"she" probably likes having sex with women as much as i do, though.
smiley4.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>also SK, what happened with the formatting on that post, mate? yikes! </div>
He is also tilting the court gender wise. Sandra Day O'Conner was the "one female justice". Now there are three. Clarence Thomas is the black justice. Things are shifting away from White males by design again...
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
3 jews, the rest catholics ... zero protestants. and they call it a "representative" bench? pathetic.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I posted about this complete misrepresentation of the US a month ago when Stevens announced his retirement. Kagan was the front runner the whole time, along with another jewess. Supposedly Souter is Episcopalian, which doesn't mean anything in my book. white is right makes a good point about the purposive move away from White men on the SC, just as within every other area of influence in this country.

I'll quote myself:

"My point isn't that religion makes much of a difference with these
people, it is that the demographics of the court say a lot about who has
influence in this country. It is definitely one Marxist/statist
replacing another. That Obama basically gets to replace him with someone
even worse is what is so bad about it. Whoever replaces him will surely
help speed up the decline of the USA. Of course, Gerald Ford appointed
Stevens."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Court already has the Wicked Witch of the West on it (Ruth Bader Ginsburg), and now this creature.
smiley55.gif

It's nothing but a highly politicized and unelected legislature. I'd be happy to see it abolished, especially with the ascendancy of the ultra-left on it. The onslaught of Cultural Marxism will intensify and the Supreme Court will rubber stamp all of it.

Worthless counterfeit currency, an endless flood of non-Whites with zero interest in assimilation, jews appointed to rule over us by a Kenyan mulatto...the coming collapse looms ever closer.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Run Stuffing LB said:
Worthless counterfeit currency, an endless flood of non-Whites with zero interest in assimilation, jews appointed to rule over us by a Kenyan mulatto...the coming collapse looms ever closer.

After considering who is overtly "in charge"Â￾ of this nation (not to mention covertly)"¦how could any self-respecting white man so much as wipe his ass with the corporate logo known as the American flag, let alone consider himself a "patriot?"Â￾Edited by: Thrashen

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Supreme Court hasn't "checked" or "balanced" any piece of unconstitutional legislation in God only knows how long. Her age is disconcerting in that it will probably be too long til she kicks the can. Other than that, this appointment means little since things cannot get worse.

If there are any self-respected whites still out there who support Obama, WAKE UP. Everything this man does is anti-American and/or anti-white. He's making it blatantly clear that THIS COUNTRY IS NOT FOR YOU ANYMORE. I would be shocked if Barry Soetoro ever appoints a white man to anything from this point on. Heck, he's got enough Jews, brothas, minority women and homosexuals to choose from.

Thinking about the state of this country is making me feel ill....

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Not only an arch-leftist jewess, but a supposed sodomite & feminist activist who's never served as a judge.

Supreme Court nominee has never been a judge

Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 5/10/2010 9:30:00 AM

Elena Kagan (Solicitor General nominee)related video buttonPresident Barack Obama has nominated Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, saying she will demonstrate independence, integrity, and passion for the law. If confirmed by the Senate, Kagan will become the third woman on the high court. Obama introduced her Monday in the White House's East Room. He called her "my friend" and one of the nation's foremost legal minds.

Mat Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel and dean of Liberty University Law School, is opposed to Kagan partly because she has never been a judge and has limited experience in practicing law. And there are other reasons, he says.

"[I'm opposed] because I think her judicial philosophy is one of an activist, particularly of a transnationalist that wants to use foreign law to interpret our own domestic law," Staver explains, adding that she is "very much in favor of the homosexual agenda and very capable of bringing consensus among a diverse group of people."

Kagan now goes through the committee hearing to a Senate vote -- and Staver tells OneNewsNow that it should not be a rubber-stamp process.

Matt Staver"There's no question that these issues ought to be brought out," the attorney advises. "Obviously the issue of her judicial philosophy and her lack of experience are major concerns -- and all of those need to be brought out during these confirmation hearings.

"Those are significant reasons to not confirm this nomination," he concludes.

Staver recalls an incident while Kagan headed Harvard Law School when she barred the ROTC from the campus because of military policies on homosexuals. He says Kagan has tried to be quiet about the issue of abortion, but has been very vocal on the issue of homosexuality.

Earlier story from Associated Press (by Ben Feller)

Associated Press smallWASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama nominated Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court on Monday, declaring the former Harvard Law School dean "one of the nation's foremost legal minds." She would be the court's youngest justice and give it three female members for the first time.

The nomination to replace liberal retiring Justice John Paul Stevens set the stage for a potentially bruising summertime confirmation battle before the court begins its next session, though mathematically Democrats should be able to prevail in the end.

At 50, Kagan is relatively young for the lifetime post and could help shape the high court's decisions for decades. If confirmed by the Senate, she would become only the fourth female justice in history.

Obama cited what he called Kagan's "openness to a broad array of viewpoints" and her "fair mindedness."

Standing beside the president in the East Room of the White House, Kagan said she was "honored and humbled by this nomination."

"I look forward to working with the Senate in the next stage of this process, and I thank you again, Mr. President, for this honor of a lifetime," she said.

Republicans are expected to criticize her for attempting to bar military recruiters from the Harvard Law campus while she was dean. That issue was used against her by critics during her confirmation hearing last year for her current post.

Democratic officials said Kagan would begin making the rounds of senators' offices on Wednesday.

With control of 59 votes in the Senate, Democrats should be able to win confirmation. However, if all 41 Republicans vote together, they could delay a vote with a filibuster.

Republicans have shown no signs in advance that they would try to prevent a vote on Kagan, but they are certain to grill her in confirmation hearings over her experience, her thin record of legal writings and her decisions at Harvard.

The senator who will preside over her confirmation hearing, Democrat Patrick Leahy of Vermont, said, "The Senate should confirm Ms. Kagan before" Labor Day.

"Our constituents deserve a civil and thoughtful debate on this nomination, followed by an up-or-down vote," said the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The Republican Senate leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, said his party would make sure there was a "thorough process, not a rush to judgment" on the nomination.

"Judges must not be a rubber stamp for any administration. Judges must not walk into court with a preconceived idea of who should win," he said, adding that Republicans would have a vigorous debate on that principle.

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, top Republican on the Judiciary Committee that will conduct the confirmation hearing, said the president's timetable for a vote by early August "should be doable." He said Kagan's lack of experience as a judge was a weakness but wouldn't disqualify her.

Obama introduced Kagan as "my friend."

"Elena is widely regarded as one of the nation's foremost legal minds. She's an acclaimed legal scholar with a rich understanding of constitutional law. She is a former White House aide, with a life- long commitment to public service and a firm grasp of the nexus and boundaries between our three branches of government," Obama said.

Kagan served in the Clinton White House.

Obama began with high praise for the retiring Stevens, a leader of the court's liberals, calling him "a giant in the law," impartial and having respect for legal precedence.

Kagan "embodies the same excellence, independence and passion for the law," Obama said.

He noted that neither Kagan's mother nor father "lived to see this day, but I think her mother would relish this moment. I think she would relish, as I do, the prospect of three women taking their seat on the nation's highest court for the first time in history ... a court that would be more inclusive, more representative, more reflective of us as a people than ever before."

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Kagan would continue to work on cases as solicitor general but would not take on any new ones. He said the administration recognizes that, if confirmed, she will have to recuse herself from cases before the high court on which she has worked. Gibbs said that would probably amount to about a dozen in her first year.

Seven Republicans voted for her confirmation last year as solicitor general.

One of them, Orrin Hatch of Utah, a member of the Judiciary Committee, issued a statement saying his decision this time "will be based on evidence, not blind faith. Her previous confirmation and my support for her in that position do not by themselves establish either her qualifications for the Supreme Court or my obligation to support her."

Kagan would become the only justice who had no prior experience as a judge. The other justices all served previously as federal appeals court judges. She was named to a federal appeals court by President Bill Clinton, but the Senate never brought that nomination to a vote.

That means Kagan has a smaller paper trail than other recent nominees since there are no prior decisions to scrutinize.

But conservatives were already mounting an attack, one they laid the groundwork for when she was mentioned last year as being on Obama's short list for the Supreme Court post last time around.

Obama's White House team was launching its own broad campaign-style outreach to Capitol Hill and the media. That effort is designed to shape the national image of Kagan, an unknown figure to much of America.

Her selection came after nearly a monthlong process of consideration. Obama always had Kagan on his short list but still considered a broader group of candidates, interviewing four.

The president informed Kagan that she would a Supreme Court nominee on Sunday night. He then called the three federal judges he did not choose for the position, Diane Wood, Merrick Garland and Sidney Thomas. He also called the current Harvard Law School dean, Martha Minow.

Monday morning before the announcement, Obama called Senate leaders of both parties.

Kagan is known as sharp and politically savvy and has enjoyed a blazing legal career. She was the first female dean of Harvard Law School, first woman to serve as the top Supreme Court lawyer for any administration.

A source close to the selection process said a central element in Obama's choice was Kagan's reputation for bringing together people of competing views and earning their respect.

Kagan has clerked for Thurgood Marshall, worked for Bill Clinton and earned a stellar reputation as a student, teacher and manager of the elite academic world. Yet she would be the first justice without judicial experience in almost 40 years. The last two were William H. Rehnquist and Lewis F. Powell Jr., both of whom joined the court in 1972.

Supreme Court justices wield enormous power over the daily life of Americans. Any one of them can cast the deciding vote on matters of life and death, individual freedoms and government power. Presidents serve four-year terms; justices have tenure for life.

Democrats went 15 years without a Supreme Court appointment until Obama chose federal appellate judge Sonia Sotomayor last year to succeed retiring Justice David Souter. Just 16 months in office, Obama has a second opportunity with Kagan.

Kagan, who is unmarried, was born in New York City. She holds a bachelor's degree from Princeton, a master's degree from Oxford and a law degree from Harvard.

Before she served as a clerk for Justice Marshall, she clerked for federal Appeals Court Judge Abner Mikva, who later became an important political mentor to Obama in Chicago.

Kagan and Obama both taught at the University of Chicago Law School in the early 1990s.

In her current job, Kagan represents the U.S. government and defends acts of Congress before the Supreme Court and decides when to appeal lower court rulings.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1007054

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Bart

Hall of Famer
Are there any doubts as to who controls this bleepin' country?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Very sad to watch the collapse of this country and how quickly it's happening. Everything about this choice is soooo bad, jew, ultra liberal, transnationalist, gay, and no experience as a judge.

Like this is the best the country can put forward for such an important position? It is exactly like obama, both chosen precisely BECAUSE they have done nothing much in thier life so there is little paper trail behind the socialist agenda they wish to enact. Also chosen because they represent one of the important minority groups and nothing more.

Charlie

Guru
I assume she's not what lesbians call a 'femme' or a 'lipstick lesbian'. Go Butchie, go!

What worries me is her lack of life experience. An entire life spent in an intellectual hot house. Her biggest challenge was keeping the peace between Harvard Law faculty liberals and conservatives (like 'conservative' Dershowitz).

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Dr. Kevin MacDonald has an insightful interview that can be read in its entirety here. i'llcopy/paste it below, complete withthe numerous links that provide moreevidence to support his statements.

Brother Nathanael Kapner: What was your initial reaction to Elena Kagan's candidacy to the Supreme Court?

Kevin MacDonald: The Jewish-owned media initially published a flurry of praises for Kagan's candidacy. It was obvious to me that the theme of all of this is ethnic networking.

How else explain the fact that someone with a completely undistinguished scholarly record not only got tenure at the University of Chicago but was appointed dean of Harvard Law School?

Br Nathanael: What was the hype on Kagan and what indicated ethnic networking?

Kevin MacDonald: The LA Times first published, "Supreme Court Candidate Elena Kagan Has Admirers Left And Right,"Â written by David Savage, a Jewish journalist. Although masquerading as news, the article is a brief for the candidacy of Elena Kagan.

savnote1.jpg
Savage notes that Kagan is well connected to top people in the Obama Administration, (Larry Summers being one of them), and there is effusive praise from two legal bigwigs, Laurence Tribe and Charles Fried, both of Harvard and both Jews.

More was to follow from the Huffington Post's "ÂElena Kagan Emerging As Supreme Court Front-Runner."Â Once again, the same people were hyping Kagan as absolutely brilliant.

Charles Fried waxed redundant, saying, "Elena Kagan is supremely intelligent, one of the most intelligent people I have known. I think she's a very, very intelligent person."Â

The ethnic networking involved has as its backdrop Kagan being appointed Dean of Harvard Law by Lawrence Summers â€" also Jewish and with a strong Jewish identity. Summers and Kagan covered for Laurence Tribe when he lifted a passage from another scholar's book without attribution. Ethnic networking is nothing if not reciprocal.

Br Nathanael: Is there a "Jewish"Â issue involved if Kagan is nominated?

rearsug.jpg
Kevin MacDonald: The Jewish issue rears its head only slightly according to the HuffPost article: "There has been some superficial concern over Kagan's religion â€" not because she's Jewish but because without Stevens there will be no Protestants on the court." Also, Kagan would be the first open homosexual on the court.

Br Nathanael: Really? Is Kagan a lesbian?

Kevin MacDonald: The Huffington article certainly suggests it. Also, some have written that Kagan is an "open lesbian."Â Others have written that although Kagan is "not out,"Â she has a female partner. It is said that this is an open secret at Harvard Law School among students and faculty. In any case, Kagan has shown her commitment to gay rights.

Br Nathanael: Getting back to the Jewish issue. Is there a valid concern that if Kagan is nominated there will be no White Protestants on the Supreme Court?

Kevin MacDonald: In a country that in living memory thought of itself as WASP at its very core, it most certainly IS an issue. Without Souter and Stevens gone there will be no Protestants on the court. With Kagan, there will be three Jews and no White Protestants.

Again, in Huffington's article, when the issue of Kagan's homosexual orientation is addressed, they wrote, "Strategists predict that this is only a distraction not a speed bump."Â

Now, who exactly are these "strategists"Â and what is the goal of their strategizing?

Br Nathanael: What exactly is the strategy behind the Jewish push for Kagan?

Kevin MacDonald: If Kagan is nominated and confirmed, there would be three Jewish justices on the Supreme Court â€" all on the left.

Jews are of course always overrepresented among elites â€" especially on the left, but Jews as one-third of the Supreme Court is high by any standard given that they constitute only 2% of the US population. This is much higher than the disproportionate Jewish representation in the US Senate (13%) and the House of Representatives (7%).

Three Jews on the Supreme Court seems sure to raise the eyebrows among people like me who think that Jewish identity often makes a big difference in attitudes and behavior. And if there is one area where mainstream Jewish political identity has had a huge effect, it's in legislation related to multiculturalism. This is true of the Jewish mainstream across the board, from the far left to the neoconservative right.
Br Nathanael: Where does Kagan stand on multiculturalism? Isn't she a conservative?

Kevin MacDonald: The amazing thing is that Kagan is being framed as a conservative. But on the issues that really count â€" issues related to multiculturalism and free speech â€" Kagan is clearly on the left and touts American Jewry's position in these areas. Kagan's record strongly suggests that she would be quite willing to fashion her legal arguments to attain her Jewish goals.

Kagan's Chicago Law school article, "Regulation of Hate Speech And Pornography"Â indicates someone who is seeking ways to circumscribe free speech in the interests of multicultural virtue: "We live in a society marred by racial and gender inequality. Certain forms of speech perpetuate and promote this inequality. The disappearance of such speech would be cause for great elation."Â

Br Nathanael: Would Kagan actually rule against the 1st Amendment?"Â

Kevin MacDonald: In the same article, Kagan wrote that "although the Supreme Court will not in the foreseeable future adopt the view that all governmental efforts to regulate such speech accord with the Constitution, a new majority could rule that all government efforts to regulate such speech would be constitutional."Â Need I say more?

Br Nathanael: Do Kagan's views fit with the outlook of the organized Jewish community?

Kevin MacDonald: The organized Jewish community has a long record of opposing free speech related to multicultural issues. Kagan's views fit well with the outlook of the organized Jewish community: "Every effort should be made to restrict hate speech within the current legal context and to do whatever possible to change that context so that such speech is outlawed."Â

The picture that emerges is that of someone who would have no hesitation to end First Amendment freedoms and squelch any hope that a White racialist movement could achieve real power. Kagan's vision for America is entirely within the Jewish mainstream.

And if the organized Jewish community has its way with Kagan, Jewish supremacy will reign supreme in America's Supreme Court.

foobar75

Master
Good Lord, that creature is a woman? She's disgusting to look at.
smiley11.gif

I almost never judge a person by their looks, but given that this is a radical left wing hit-woman, she's obviously ugly inside and out.

Add Christina Romer and Janet Napolitano to the mix, and you now this growing lesbian sisterhood helping run this country. All I have say is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kagan looks eerily like Dick Morris...

The typical Jew IS genetically different from us! And I thought Sonia Sotamayor was ugly....

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kagan Nomination Reveals How Jews Operate

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2010/05/11/kagan-nomination-reveals-how-jews-operate/

(snip)

These advisers likely assisted in the creation of Elena Kagan's ‘socially constructed merit' via ‘group brilliance'. Kevin MacDonald describes the process:

The last time we went through the Supreme Court nomination process, there was a veritable groundswell of hyperbole for Elena Kagan â€" so much so that I couldn't resist writing about it here. The theme is ethnic networking. How else explain the fact that someone with a completely undistinguished scholarly record not only got tenure at the University of Chicago but was appointed dean of Harvard Law School?

She had exactly two publications in law review journals when she got tenure and has done very little since. A record like that would be a tough sell for tenure even in the nether regions of academia, never mind the most elite schools in the land. But now her lack of publications is seen by her supporters as an asset: She has no embarrassing paper trail on controversial issues.

Once again, the same people are hyping Kagan as absolutely brilliant. In a recent Huffington Post article ("ÂElena Kagan Emerging As Supreme Court Front-Runner"), Charles Fried says, "She is a supremely intelligent person, really one of the most intelligent people I have encountered, and I have met a lot of them, as one does in this business. She is very adroit politically. "¦ She has quite a strong personality and a winning personality. I think she's an effective, powerful person and a very, very intelligent person, and a very hardworking and serious person." Presumably she can also walk on water.

Fried also praised Kagan effusively in the earlier round, along with Laurence Tribe, another Jewish Harvard Law professor. As I noted, "Kagan was appointed Dean of Harvard Law by Lawrence Summers â€" also Jewish and with a strong Jewish identity. Summers and Kagan covered for Laurence Tribe when he lifted a passage from another scholar's book without attribution. Ethnic networking is nothing if not reciprocal.

The only thing Kagan has going for her seems to be that important people admire her. She's good at networking, and it would seem that many of her most prominent admirers are other Jews â€" liberal and conservative. (Tribe and Summers are liberals; Charles Fried is considered a conservative. Fried was Solicitor General in the Reagan Administration but voted for Obama.) Ethnic networking indeed!

This points to corruption in the Jewish sector of the American academic elite. Kagan's path to the academic heights of the legal profession and perhaps to a position on the Supreme Court is not based on a solid record of scholarship or any other relevant experience, but on ethnic boosterism from other Jews. As I noted elsewhere, Jews are represented in elite American academic institutions at levels far higher than can be explained by IQ

(snip)

Charlie

Guru
"...She's good at networking..."

One thing I've noticed is career and job guidance articles invariably highlight the importance of 'networking'. Which is easier for some than others. College admission applications require letters of recommendation. Once again, easier for some than for others to get a glowing review from a prominent person.

One possibility, however remote, is Kagan will be so obnoxious she will drive Sotomayor to side with her fellow Catholics. Whatever her shortcomings Sotomayor worked very hard to get where she is. Being a judge, deciding the fate of other people, is not an easy burden. Kagan is being given something she didn't earn, something which Sotomayor must have seen countless times in NYC.

'Com'n Sonia, let's go play softball. It's fun. You'll get to meet all the gals. They're a great bunch.'

A weird thing is Kagan is described as an excellent student. Maybe so, but what does that have to do with anything? She's 50 and among the best things they can say about her is she's a good little study machine.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Charlie said:
"...She's good at networking..."

One thing I've noticed is career and job guidance articles invariably highlight the importance of 'networking'. Which is easier for some than others. College admission applications require letters of recommendation. Once again, easier for some than for others to get a glowing review from a prominent person.

One possibility, however remote, is Kagan will be so obnoxious she will drive Sotomayor to side with her fellow Catholics. Whatever her shortcomings Sotomayor worked very hard to get where she is. Being a judge, deciding the fate of other people, is not an easy burden. Kagan is being given something she didn't earn, something which Sotomayor must have seen countless times in NYC.

'Com'n Sonia, let's go play softball. It's fun. You'll get to meet all the gals. They're a great bunch.'

A weird thing is Kagan is described as an excellent student. Maybe so, but what does that have to do with anything? She's 50 and among the best things they can say about her is she's a good little study machine.

Charlie, I like your posts, they are very unique. "Go, Butchie, Go!"Â￾ was quite hilarious.

The American adaptation of the 1917 October Revolution was completed decades ago. We are as comprehensively restricted as Soviet peasants under Bolshevik rule"¦only our people are too self-centered or inherently unwilling to question authority to distinguish what has occurred (they especially love to vote for laws which will decrease their own civil rights).

Every personal contemplation is an edited facade"¦I can see the evidence on the tongues and on the breath of the men and women I encounter each day. They are living the life, feeling the feelings, knowing what is known, and believing the beliefs furnished by those who govern our soulless Mass Existence. Our leaders are hand-picked, our news stories are hand-picked, our actors / actresses are hand-picked, our athletic teams are hand-picked, our college students are hand-picked, etc. It's as if the exact same set of (oppressive to all races, yet openly anti-white) principles has been unanimously applied to every facet of American life, and nobody even noticed"¦or cared if they did happen to notice. When a person comes to such a realization, it's impossible to ignore the urge to rebel against everything you're told.

Jaxvid was right, to entrust the tremendously under qualified Kagan with this "high"Â￾ office is much akin to BHO (the Kenyan nobody) being entrusted with the American presidency. We are painted a story of the "ultimate underdog,"Â￾ when the reality is nothing of the sort.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Anyone wondering why there is/was such a thing as a "Jewfish?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephelus_itajara

I like to think it was because - even wayyy back then - people noticed that Jews were prone to being short and wide, and had large evil grins. Although, I would say that The Jewfish has superior aesthetics to Kagan.. and it's likely more qualified for the high court to boot.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Kagan Argued for Government 'Redistribution of Speech'

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) â€" Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan said the high court should be focused on ferreting out improper governmental motives when deciding First Amendment cases, arguing that the government's reasons for restricting free speech were what mattered most and not necessarily the effect of those restrictions on speech.

Kagan, the solicitor general of the United States under President Obama, expressed that idea in her 1996 article in the University of Chicago Law Review entitled, "Private Speech, Public Purpose: The Role of Governmental Motive in First Amendment Doctrine."Â

In her article, Kagan said that examination of the motives of government is the proper approach for the Supreme Court when looking at whether a law violates the First Amendment. While not denying that other concerns, such as the impact of a law, can be taken into account, Kagan argued that governmental motive is "the most important"Â factor.

In doing so, Kagan constructed a complex framework that can be used by the Court to determine whether or not Congress has restricted First Amendment freedoms with improper intent.

She defined improper intent as prohibiting or restricting speech merely because Congress or a public majority dislikes either the message or the messenger, or because the message or messenger may be harmful to elected officials or their political priorities.

The first part of this framework involves restrictions that appear neutral, such as campaign finance laws, but in practice amount to an unconstitutional restriction. Kagan wrote that the effect of such legislation can be taken as evidence of improper motive because such motives often play a part in bringing the legislation into being.

"The answer to this question involves viewing the Buckley principle [that government cannot balance between competing speakers] as an evidentiary tool designed to aid in the search for improper motive,"Â Kagan wrote. "The Buckley principle emerges not from the view that redistribution of speech opportunities is itself an illegitimate end, but from the view that governmental actions justified as redistributive devices often (though not always) stem partly from hostility or sympathy toward ideas or, even more commonly, from self-interest."Â

Kagan notes, however, that such "redistribution of speech"Â is not "itself an illegitimate end,"Â but that government may not restrict it to protect incumbent politicians or because it dislikes a particular speaker or a particular message.

The U.S. Supreme Court (AP File Photo/Evan Vucci)
She argued that government can restrict speech if it believes that speech might cause harm, either directly or by inciting others to do harm.

Laws that only incidentally affect speech are constitutional, Kagan said, because the government's motive in enacting them is not the restriction of First Amendment freedom but the prohibition of some other â€" unprotected â€" activity.

She argues in the piece that a law banning fires in public places is not unconstitutional, even if it means that protesters cannot burn flags in public. A law outlawing flag burning protests, however, would be, because the motive is to stop a particular protest.

Kagan also argued that the Supreme Court should not be concerned with maintaining or protecting any marketplace of ideas because it is impossible for the court to determine what constitutes an ideal marketplace, contending that other types of laws, such as property laws, can also affect the structure of the marketplace of ideas and that a restriction on speech may "un-skew"Â the market, rather than tilt it unfavorably.

"If there is an ‘overabundance' of an idea in the absence of direct governmental action -- which there well might be when compared with some ideal state of public debate -- then action disfavoring that idea might ‘un-skew,' rather than skew, public discourse," Kagan wrote.

Instead, the Supreme Court should focus on whether a speaker's message is harming the public, argued Kagan in her article.

While Kagan does not offer an exhaustive definition of ‘harm,' she does offer examples of speech that may be regulated, such as incitement to violence, hate-speech, threatening or "fighting" words.

The government, she concludes, may not express its disfavor with an opinion or speaker by burdening them with restrictions or prohibitions, unless it can show that their speech is causing some type of public harm.

"The doctrine of impermissible motive, viewed in this light, holds that the government may not signify disrespect for certain ideas and respect for others through burdens on expression,"Â Kagan wrote. "This does not mean that the government may never subject particular ideas to disadvantage. The government indeed may do so, if acting upon neutral, harm-based reasons."Â

Kagan says that government is also prohibited from treating two identically harmful speakers differently. To do so, she argues, would be to violate what she views as the principle of equality -- making the unequal restriction unconstitutional.

"But the government may not treat differently two ideas causing identical harms on the ground that thereby conveying the view that one is less worthy, less valuable, less entitled to a hearing than the other,"Â she wrote. "To take such action -- in effect, to violate a norm of ideological equality -- would be to load the restriction of speech with a meaning that transcends the restriction's material consequence."Â

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/65720

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
A typical Statist. In her view, all freedoms are things granted by government, which is the be-all, end-all. In her world, the "Creator" referenced by the founders in the Constitution and Bill of Rights simply referred to the Government, which to these folks IS god.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I heard SNL is trying to get Kevin James to play Kagan on one of their shows. LOL I can see theresemblance. That is one ugly thing..
kevin_james_xxx.jpg
elena-kagan-i1.jpg
Edited by: celticdb15

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer