Jared Allen?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Just a rumor , but interesting.
<DIV =stories>By Jon Scott
PatriotsInsider.com
Date: Apr 18, 2008
<DIV =stories>
The rumor mill continues to revolve surrounding Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen. As noted yesterday, the Chiefs are getting closer to dealing the disgruntled DE. But did you know New England was still in the mix?!!!

The word in Minnesota is that he isn't likely to make it out of town without a deal getting done. This is his second day there, and he is reportedly taking a physical. He was seen out last night with Steve Hutchinson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is Brian Robison going to get a chance to start at one of the end positions for the Vikings, or is another year of "apprenticeship" in store? It would be nice to see the Vikings with white bookends but that would likely be too much for Childress to stomach.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian was poised to start, with Erasmus Jones sidelined and Udechi (spelling) out of football with leukemia. who knows, we might have white bookends in Minesota, who would have thought. and btw, Robison is another Allen in making, mark my words.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I think Allen would fit well there, a team known for it's great defensive line.

Vikings are also only one white LB away from Snow Patrol Part II, I believe.

The Vikings "could" end up with a linebacking unit next season that looks like this:

SLB: Ben Leber (white) &amp; Dallas Startz (white)

MLB: E.J. Henderson &amp; Vinny Circiu (white)

WLB: Chad Greenway (white) &amp; Heath Farwell (white)

Utility LB: Derrick Pope or Rufus Alexander

That wouldn't be bad, 5 of 7 White. The longshot would be Startz, the rest of the guys are pretty solid shots to make the final 53.

Unfortunately, the Secondary is entirely Black and the D-Line only has Robison at the moment. Allen would help things. I'd say most "experts" in the Vikings press corps have Ray Edwards penciled in as one starter and whomever the Vikings pick up in the draft as the other. Robison is kind of overlooked. I don't know what the coaches line of thought was last season, but Robison came on strong and was never rewarded with increased playing time, in fact the opposite seemed to occur as he seemed to see the field less as the season progressed.