Is the NFL/NBA more lucrative than HW boxing?

The number one argument used by the media against the heavyweight division today is still that all best Americans athletes (blacks) have went into the more popular and financially lucrative NFL/NBA. But is that argument correct?

According to what I could find out, its not!

In 2011 (as reported by one website) Vitali Klitschko made approximatly 30 million in US dollars minus endorsements or merchandising of the Klitschko name. That's more than anyone in the NFL or NBA.

Top earners (according to Forbs) in the NFL:

#1 Peyton Manning [23 million]

#2 Sam Bradford [18.4 million]

#3 Tom Brady [18 million]

#4 Michael Vick [15.9 million] or the same as Wladimir and Haye each made for one fight.

Highest paid NBA players (also according to Forbs)

#1 Kobe Bryant [25.2 million]

#2 Rashard Lewis [22.1 million]

#3 Tim Duncan [21.3 million]

#4 Kevin Garnett [21.2 million]

In 2011 three heavyweight boxers earned over 15 million (US. dollars), the Klitschkos and Haye out of (according to Boxrec) 1197 active HW boxers this year, or one +15 million earner for every 366 heavyweights.

In 2011 four men in the NFL earned plus 15 million out of approximately 1600 active players, or one +15 million earner for every 400 players.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
If the HW division is as weak as the anti-white racists claim, it would be easy for a supposedly "athletically superior" African-American to come along and win a world HW title.

Then, because of the lucrative PPV market in the USA, he could expect to earn a total of about $50 million for the next year, providing he had two fights.

But in reality, the HW division isn't weak.

Tyson, Ali and Holyfield in their respective primes made far more money in a year than the best-paid NFL and NBA players at that time.

If the Klitschkos were negroes, they would be hyped by the American media so much that they would make a lot more money from US PPVs.

But still, they are making $10-15 million per fight in Europe. I think Vitali made about $25 million total with his two fights in 2011 ($10 million for the Solis fight and about $15 million for the Adamek fight).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thankfully the Klitschko's are very popular in Europe and have a have a huge fan base there. If they didn't, they wouldn't be able to make any money in the US because of the media hate and DWF's. Only black heavyweights can get huge paydays in the states. Just think about this, Tyson was able to make 30 million plus dollars for several of his fights. Remember this was during the 90's so it's equivalent to 40 million or more today. That's the power of the media hyping up the super affletic Tyson and getting him huge paydays.

Dabeast

Thankfully the Klitschko's are very popular in Europe and have a have a huge fan base there. If they didn't, they wouldn't be able to make any money in the US because of the media hate and DWF's. Only black heavyweights can get huge paydays in the states. Just think about this, Tyson was able to make 30 million plus dollars for several of his fights. Remember this was during the 90's so it's equivalent to 40 million or more today. That's the power of the media hyping up the super affletic Tyson and getting him huge paydays.

Tyson was also the youngest HW champ in the history of boxing and by far one of the most explosive and most exciting fighters in boxing's history, he was also a knockout artist that threw bombs and brawled in every fight. The Klitschkos are boring to the average fan, nobody in America wants to watch Wlad jab for 10 rounds, lean on his opponent when they get on the inside and then finally get a KO. It doesn't help that the HW division is probably at one of it's weakest points in history either. It's the same reason Hopkins/Ward/Bradley/any other American not named Mayweather isn't raking in millions.

The only reason Floyd makes money is because he's undefeated, he's accepted the villain role and has ran with it playing it PERFECTLY. He's also gained a massive popularity boost with rapper 50 cent introducing him to the youth of America, as well as doing that promotional thing with the WWE. He's the most hated fighter in boxing and one of the most hated in the history of boxing aside from Ali.

Dabeast

Those are their contract salaries per year, they're GUARANTEED this money for whatever amount of years they sign. They can also make money during the summer, Kobe was offered I think around $100 mill or something like that to play in Greece a couple of years ago.

What sounds more attractive, playing a game, having fun, being in the spotlight, or getting punched in the face?

The minimum salary in the NFL is around $473,000 per year and those guys don't even play, they're just backups. Same thing with the NBA. In the NBA you can get called up for a 10 day contract, the minimum amount of money they sign you for is around $80,000 for those 10 days.

The only way you'll make millions in boxing is if you're a champ. Most guys on ESPN Friday Night Fights MAIN EVENT only get paid around $20,000 per fight.

Ward only made like $900,000 for winning the Super 6 and cleaning out most of the SMW division. The only people in America that can make millions are true champions and they have to be legit fighters not protected. Even then it's almost never 10 mill+, it's always in the range of 1-4 million per fight.

The average salary in the NBA is $5.15 mill per year. You can make A LOT of money off of endorsements too.

Michael Jordan also changed the sport of basketball FOREVER. He is the most popular and well known American athlete ever, he is the first BILLION dollar athlete as well. He's got endorsements from Hanes clothing, Nike (He makes 20 million per year from them), he sells the most popular shoes in America, backpacks, Gatorade drinks, cologne, socks, shirts, hats, jerseys, etc. he even owns an NBA team. He is crazy popular.

Before him the average salary in the NBA was around $100,000 compared to the $5.15 mill today. He is the main reason the NBA is so popular in America today.

Dabeast

Not only are these two sports popular in America, but they're two main sports in schools.

I don't know if you guys are from America but this is how our school system works, we start attending school at around age 4-5. There are 3 different types of school, Elementary, Middle, and High. Each year we move up 1 grade if we pass.

(12 grades total)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
Pre K-Age 4
Kindergarten-Age 5
1st grade-6
2nd grade-7
3rd grade-8
4th-9
5th-10

MIDDLE SCHOOL:

6th grade-Age 12
7th grade 13, THIS is when we are allowed to play school sports, some schools have it in 6th grade I think.
8th grade 14

The two mains sports in school are American Football and Basketball. Nearly every single school in America has these sports, you play these sports for free. The only thing you might have to buy would be a mouth piece or some padding for football. You RARELY have to spend a dime and if you do they have fundraisers where the kids sell things like candy, popcorn etc. I know I lived in a poor area and didn't have to spend a dime.

The average football roster is around 30 players. These rosters are split into two when you're in school. The A and the B teams, the A teams are the best players and the B team not so much. That's around 50-60 of the school's best BIG (You need to be big to succeed!) athletes playing football, and that's in the 7th grade alone. It's the same in thing in the 8th grade which is 1 year later.

It's usually the biggest, fastest, genetically gifted kids on the A team.

The average basketball roster is around 13 players, again this is split up into A/B. Combined A/B teams for the 7th and 8th grade from just Football and Basketball alone (Not counting baseball or other sports) is around 130 kids per school. That's just the middle school.

Finally it's

HIGH SCHOOL:

Freshman-Age 15
Sophomore-Age 16
Junior-Age 17
Senior-Age 18 (then Graduation, you're done!)

Elementary school, middle and High are ALL DIFFERENT schools.

That means the kids that you played against in Middle school will now become your new teammates in high school. The BEST players of each school makes up the A team, the B are the guys that don't really stand out.

Freshman it's A/B teams like it was in middle school.

When you graduate to Sophomore you move onto Junior Varsity again A/B, the team consists of Juniors and Sophomores.

FINALLY your senior year it's just 1 team no B team, that's called Varsity, it's the absolute elite.

There are around 30+ players on a VARSITY football roster making up the absolute best athletes, on basketball it's around 14.

There are 25,000 total Highs Schools in America, nearly every single one of those high schools has these sports (AT LEAST 21,000).

30+14=44

20,000x44=880,000 of America's best BIG 18 year old athletes playing these sports per year.

Keep in mind that I didn't add the other sports or rosters besides the Senior Varsity roster, this is strictly basketball/football.

Last edited:
If the HW division is as weak as the anti-white racists claim, it would be easy for a supposedly "athletically superior" African-American to come along and win a world HW title.

Then, because of the lucrative PPV market in the USA, he could expect to earn a total of about $50 million for the next year, providing he had two fights.

Tyson, Ali and Holyfield in their respective primes made far more money in a year than the best-paid NFL and NBA players at that time.

If the Klitschkos were negroes, they would be hyped by the American media so much that they would make a lot more money from US PPVs.

But still, they are making $10-15 million per fight in Europe. I think Vitali made about $25 million total with his two fights in 2011 ($10 million for the Solis fight and about $15 million for the Adamek fight).
According to Boxrec.com Vitali also made 15 million for the Solis fight.

http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=39983

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tyson was also the youngest HW champ in the history of boxing and by far one of the most explosive and most exciting fighters in boxing's history, he was also a knockout artist that threw bombs and brawled in every fight. The Klitschkos are boring to the average fan, nobody in America wants to watch Wlad jab for 10 rounds, lean on his opponent when they get on the inside and then finally get a KO. It doesn't help that the HW division is probably at one of it's weakest points in history either. It's the same reason Hopkins/Ward/Bradley/any other American not named Mayweather isn't raking in millions.

The only reason Floyd makes money is because he's undefeated, he's accepted the villain role and has ran with it playing it PERFECTLY. He's also gained a massive popularity boost with rapper 50 cent introducing him to the youth of America, as well as doing that promotional thing with the WWE. He's the most hated fighter in boxing and one of the most hated in the history of boxing aside from Ali.

Get lost you POS!

Those are their contract salaries per year, they're GUARANTEED this money for whatever amount of years they sign. They can also make money during the summer, Kobe was offered I think around $100 mill or something like that to play in Greece a couple of years ago.

What sounds more attractive, playing a game, having fun, being in the spotlight, or getting punched in the face?

The minimum salary in the NFL is around $473,000 per year and those guys don't even play, they're just backups. Same thing with the NBA. In the NBA you can get called up for a 10 day contract, the minimum amount of money they sign you for is around $80,000 for those 10 days.

The only way you'll make millions in boxing is if you're a champ. Most guys on ESPN Friday Night Fights MAIN EVENT only get paid around $20,000 per fight.

Ward only made like $900,000 for winning the Super 6 and cleaning out most of the SMW division. The only people in America that can make millions are true champions and they have to be legit fighters not protected. Even then it's almost never 10 mill+, it's always in the range of 1-4 million per fight.

The average salary in the NBA is $5.15 mill per year. You can make A LOT of money off of endorsements too.

Michael Jordan also changed the sport of basketball FOREVER. He is the most popular and well known American athlete ever, he is the first BILLION dollar athlete as well. He's got endorsements from Hanes clothing, Nike (He makes 20 million per year from them), he sells the most popular shoes in America, backpacks, Gatorade drinks, cologne, socks, shirts, hats, jerseys, etc. he even owns an NBA team. He is crazy popular.

Before him the average salary in the NBA was around $100,000 compared to the $5.15 mill today. He is the main reason the NBA is so popular in America today.
Well, first your not posting facts, but lies! Let's take them one at a time. You're argument is Americans athletes (negros) had rather play a game and be in the spotlight in America than make more money and be an international star.
According to RLT (its been reported) that 500 million people watched the Wladimir vs Haye fight. And with an average of over 250 million viewers for each of Wladimir's fights thats not a shock.
That's more fans than the whole of the NBA put together!! Talk about being "in the spotlight!"

You posted that the minimun salary for an NFL player 473.000.00 per year and they dont even play.
Well, an NFL player still must train (the hardest part of being and athlete) and no active heavyweight in the top 20 today makes less than half a million per year.

And as far as ESPN's Friday Night Fights, tell me how many top ten HW's you see on it every friday??

Ward? The last time I looked, he's not a HW! And anyway he earned a few million for the super 6. BTW, tell me what NBA/NFL team would want the 6'0" 167lb Andre Ward?

You posted about endorsements. With the Klitschkos pushing everything from beer, candybars and Ford cars in Europe, and a well received documentary flim, I dont think you'll find many that would bet the farm the name Kobe Bryant earned more in America then the name Klitschko did in Europe..

dwid

Hall of Famer
Not only are these two sports popular in America, but they're two main sports in schools.

I don't know if you guys are from America but this is how our school system works, we start attending school at around age 4-5. There are 3 different types of school, Elementary, Middle, and High. Each year we move up 1 grade if we pass.

(12 grades total)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
Pre K-Age 4
Kindergarten-Age 5
1st grade-6
2nd grade-7
3rd grade-8
4th-9
5th-10

MIDDLE SCHOOL:

6th grade-Age 12
7th grade 13, THIS is when we are allowed to play school sports, some schools have it in 6th grade I think.
8th grade 14

The two mains sports in school are American Football and Basketball. Nearly every single school in America has these sports, you play these sports for free. The only thing you might have to buy would be a mouth piece or some padding for football. You RARELY have to spend a dime and if you do they have fundraisers where the kids sell things like candy, popcorn etc. I know I lived in a poor area and didn't have to spend a dime.

The average football roster is around 30 players. These rosters are split into two when you're in school. The A and the B teams, the A teams are the best players and the B team not so much. That's around 50-60 of the school's best BIG (You need to be big to succeed!) athletes playing football, and that's in the 7th grade alone. It's the same in thing in the 8th grade which is 1 year later.

It's usually the biggest, fastest, genetically gifted kids on the A team.

The average basketball roster is around 13 players, again this is split up into A/B. Combined A/B teams for the 7th and 8th grade from just Football and Basketball alone (Not counting baseball or other sports) is around 130 kids per school. That's just the middle school.

Finally it's

HIGH SCHOOL:

Freshman-Age 15
Sophomore-Age 16
Junior-Age 17
Senior-Age 18 (then Graduation, you're done!)

Elementary school, middle and High are ALL DIFFERENT schools.

That means the kids that you played against in Middle school will now become your new teammates in high school. The BEST players of each school makes up the A team, the B are the guys that don't really stand out.

Freshman it's A/B teams like it was in middle school.

When you graduate to Sophomore you move onto Junior Varsity again A/B, the team consists of Juniors and Sophomores.

FINALLY your senior year it's just 1 team no B team, that's called Varsity, it's the absolute elite.

There are around 30+ players on a VARSITY football roster making up the absolute best athletes, on basketball it's around 14.

There are 25,000 total Highs Schools in America, nearly every single one of those high schools has these sports (AT LEAST 21,000).

30+14=44

20,000x44=880,000 of America's best BIG 18 year old athletes playing these sports per year.

Keep in mind that I didn't add the other sports or rosters besides the Senior Varsity roster, this is strictly basketball/football.
and then there the hundreds of promising athletes in high school that wind up dropping out for whatever reason, getting arrested, not caring as much etc (also plenty of blacks who never make it past middle school to even play organized sports). These types flood the local boxing gyms I have been to. I am sure every inner city is similar. Your telling me ouf of all of these guys that none of them are good enough to become boxers? I mean if blacks are so athletic then you think at least a HANDFULO would rise up. About 9 years ago there was this popular quarterback, had prototypical size for a qb, had to be around 6'4 from what I remember, and pretty thick, got arrested "hanging with the wrong crowd, and pulled over and busted for someone else's stuff". He only did about 18 months but didn't play football again and saw him training at the local boxing gym. Was supposed to be a big up and comer. If he had made it I would remember his name off the top of my head.

There are programs to train troubled (usually black) youth in boxing, those in juvenile detention etc, similar to Tyson. There aren't any to do that for football, not that I am aware of except for that movie.

I remember ESPN hyping up this basketball player a while back, his siblings were both playing in the NBA, he could have to but he wanted to do something different, so he chose boxing. He looked awful, does anybody remember his name?

btw you don't have to be a senior to make it onto varsity. Ive seen sophomores on the varsity team depending on the school. Plenty of juniors. Your also assuming that all of these kids are good enough to become boxers, most are not even good enough to get d1 scholarships in the sport they play. Most of the lineman are fat kids with some athleticism. Maybe they could be become black butterbean types? the dbs and wrs are usually pretty small, at least for a heavyweight. Rarely you might get a big physical guy, the same with quarterback, once in a blue moon you might get a big athletic kid. So who exactly on the football team is going to make it as a heavyweight boxer? (this is the division that people clam is dead because no black heavyweights)

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, only a small portion, they can cut you at any time they please. The smallest amount is actually about 2 to 3 thousand a week for practice squad players. There are quite a few practice squad players with elite athleticism, just raw at their position and really struggle with playing organized football, but are kept around for upside. 2 to 3k a week or 20k per fight? The reality is, that there are probably only a handful of players in the entire NFL that would make good heavyweight fighters, not even talking about elite.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
and then there the hundreds of promising athletes in high school that wind up dropping out for whatever reason, getting arrested, not caring as much etc (also plenty of blacks who never make it past middle school to even play organized sports). These types flood the local boxing gyms I have been to. I am sure every inner city is similar. Your telling me ouf of all of these guys that none of them are good enough to become boxers? I mean if blacks are so athletic then you think at least a HANDFULO would rise up. About 9 years ago there was this popular quarterback, had prototypical size for a qb, had to be around 6'4 from what I remember, and pretty thick, got arrested "hanging with the wrong crowd, and pulled over and busted for someone else's stuff". He only did about 18 months but didn't play football again and saw him training at the local boxing gym. Was supposed to be a big up and comer. If he had made it I would remember his name off the top of my head.

There are programs to train troubled (usually black) youth in boxing, those in juvenile detention etc, similar to Tyson. There aren't any to do that for football, not that I am aware of except for that movie.

I remember ESPN hyping up this basketball player a while back, his siblings were both playing in the NBA, he could have to but he wanted to do something different, so he chose boxing. He looked awful, does anybody remember his name?

btw you don't have to be a senior to make it onto varsity. Ive seen sophomores on the varsity team depending on the school. Plenty of juniors. Your also assuming that all of these kids are good enough to become boxers, most are not even good enough to get d1 scholarships in the sport they play. Most of the lineman are fat kids with some athleticism. Maybe they could be become black butterbean types? the dbs and wrs are usually pretty small, at least for a heavyweight. Rarely you might get a big physical guy, the same with quarterback, once in a blue moon you might get a big athletic kid. So who exactly on the football team is going to make it as a heavyweight boxer? (this is the division that people clam is dead because no black heavyweights)

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, only a small portion, they can cut you at any time they please. The smallest amount is actually about 2 to 3 thousand a week for practice squad players. There are quite a few practice squad players with elite athleticism, just raw at their position and really struggle with playing organized football, but are kept around for upside. 2 to 3k a week or 20k per fight? The reality is, that there are probably only a handful of players in the entire NFL that would make good heavyweight fighters, not even talking about elite.
Very few DI football players can be heavyweight boxers. Look at Tommy Z he is smallish cruiserweight. Boxers need to be as aerobically fit as possible. While football players play a pure anaerobic sport.

white is right

Hall of Famer
According to Boxrec.com Vitali also made 15 million for the Solis fight.

http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=39983
If those figures are correct the division is a strong as ever in every country but America. Basically the Klitschko's are making big purses without the biggest media market paying more than delayed rights broadcast fees. If America would pay their traditional rights fees the purses would be as big as the Holyfield vs Tyson, Holyfield vs Lewis and Lewis vs Tyson fights.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer

Tyson is a convicted rapist and a very violent person. He's know to bite peoples ears off in the ring. That type of behavior is common in the animal world, not the human one. He can barely master the English language yet the Klitschko's can speak five languages. I think I know who I'd rather watch in the ring.

If those figures are correct the division is a strong as ever in every country but America. Basically the Klitschko's are making big purses without the biggest media market paying more than delayed rights broadcast fees. If America would pay their traditional rights fees the purses would be as big as the Holyfield vs Tyson, Holyfield vs Lewis and Lewis vs Tyson fights.
IMO, the klitschkos would be making far more than Tyson, Holyfield or Lewis if America backed them at all. Also we can put this another way. Vitali Klitschko spent approximately 32 minutes to earn 30 million in 2011. It will take Michael Vick or Lebron James almost two full years to equal it........

The Hock

Master
Tyson gained most of his reputation on the way up, fighting retreads, no-hopers and geezers. Once he got in the ring with a guy who knew how to fight him (Buster Douglas) or just plain fought back (Holyfield) or a legit great (Lewis) Tyson was exposed for the hype-job (albeit fierce looking) that he was. He'd get that worried little boy look on his face and start chewing his gloves.

As for the question, at the top of the sport the NBA, NFL, and boxing are comparable. At the journeyman level the NFL and NBA beat boxing for sure. As some wag said, if it weren't for the NBA the U.S. would have the world's tallest janitors.

Paleocon

Guru
There are 3 different types of school, Elementary, Middle, and High. Each year we move up 1 grade if we pass.

That "if we pass" clause certainly does reflect the Negro's greater uncertainty regarding the normal progression of basic education.

not only is the HW division not weak, its clearly the best in history by far in terms of both quality of individual fighters and depth of the talent pool. Eight of the top ten (according to the Ring) are white,
four are unbeaten, five have two losses and one has a single loss. Plus, none have lost to fighters outside the top ten. That's unpressidented in the history of the heavyweight division. Also there are many unbeaten and one or two loss contenders sitting just outside the top ten.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tyson gained most of his reputation on the way up, fighting retreads, no-hopers and geezers. Once he got in the ring with a guy who knew how to fight him (Buster Douglas) or just plain fought back (Holyfield) or a legit great (Lewis) Tyson was exposed for the hype-job (albeit fierce looking) that he was. He'd get that worried little boy look on his face and start chewing his gloves.

As for the question, at the top of the sport the NBA, NFL, and boxing are comparable. At the journeyman level the NFL and NBA beat boxing for sure. As some wag said, if it weren't for the NBA the U.S. would have the world's tallest janitors.
Tyson's opposition was laughably bad in his first reign and was just as bad in his second reign(Holyfield aside). How many of his opponents had drug problems or were older guys who were clearly past their best. Only his win over Spinks was worth anything and even that he beat up on a blown up light heavyweight/cruiserweight. Mike Tyson had a smart Jewish team in his first run who marketed him to the networks because of their fight film collections that the networks wanted to use. In his second run King just sold his animal magnetism and didn't bother to do anything else with him.

Yeahbuddy

Wow, this awesome website logged my out and screwed up my post awesome.

Try to ignore all that junk or whatever it is, I had to copy and paste it and that stuff was in there.

Back again you retarded troll! Get lost.
Negros and DWFs want to believe what the jewish tell them about heavyweight boxing. That it is weak and nobody cares who the champions are. And young Americans (blacks) only want to go into football or basketball. But the jewish media also ignored soccer, the world's most popular sport. Truth is Wladimir said he wanted to fight three times in 2012 because he only fought once last year. So he will make about 45 million this year (if he doesnt lose a fight), thats almost as much as the top earning NFL and NBA player combined...Also, Vitali is looking at two fights this year, Chisroa and Haye. Vitali should earn 25 or 30 million this year (more than any NFL/NBA player) and haye about 15 or the same as Michael Vick. Alexander Povetkin has a 9 million euro (12.4 million US. dollars) fight vs Huck in February, if he wins he'll have another fight this fall. Placing Povetkin (in earning) well ahead of Lebron James and also 95% of the NBA. It's just another transparent excuse made by the jewish media.....

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Wow, this awesome website logged my out and screwed up my post awesome.

Try to ignore all that junk or whatever it is, I had to copy and paste it and that stuff was in there.

All that gibberish in your post confirmed to us that you are indeed an idiot.