injuries

freedom1

Mentor
I hope CLM gets good coaching and a smart approach to the weights this winter.

Injuries have very much impacted some of our best hopes, e.g., Macro, LeBlanc, Shirvo, Pickering, and Guliev just off the top of my head.

trackster

Mentor
Webb and Willis, our best veteran mid-distance runners, have spent the entire year trying to come back from injuries. Injury prevention is almost as important as quality training--trust me, I haven't been able to run for months, and I'm about to lose my mind!

waterbed

Mentor
yes , and a lot of white sprinters where injured becuase of lifting to much weights or to heavy Leblanc for example.It has never been proven that lifting weights can make you faster.Nothing is better strength training for a sprinter then running slighlty( so you can still take fast steps) uphill.

mastermulti

Master
I agree with Waterbed.

My best season in "masters" coincided with when I incorporated weekly sessions of 6 x uphill 150s, walk back recovery (about 4 metres height gain over 150m). Also did some over shorter distances flat out downhill for overspeed work (but that is fraught with danger).

Combined with quality core stuff, various fast turnover leg drills and there's a good basis for fast running.

I had a coach who tried to get us to do two minutes of fast powerful full range arm swings in front of a mirror checking form several times weekly (but it never caught on with us).Edited by: mastermulti