INDYCAR 2022 season

SneakyQuick

Mentor
This thread will serve as place for fans of INDYCAR to post about the current 2022 drivers championship. It’s a terrific race series which is distinct from formula one in the the cars are much more similar so it’s more of a test of driver skill (in my view).

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Indy 500 coming up on Memorial Day weekend. It has the possibility of being historic if Helio Castroneves wins his 5th title. Three other drivers besides him have won the race four times. Don’t dismiss oval track racing as being somehow less skillful. These guys are lapping the track at AVerage speeds of near 230mph and doing that for 2 hours. It’s an incredible feat of endurance and incredible reaction time. For those of you who have not attended an Indycar event I’d highly recommend it.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Indy 500 was a fantastic race this year. Highly competitive and if Scott Dixon hadn’t made a stupid mistake on speeding into the pit lane and being penalized for it he likely would have won. As a Dixon fan (and his wife the welsh sprinter who belongs in that beautiful woman thread) I y was a bit disappointing.

however the young Swede Marcus Ericsson fended off the also young and talented Pato O’Ward to take the race.
For those of you who are not fans of the Indy car series I’d recommend the highlights as a quick way to get acclimated to it.

honestly it’s only the last couple years I’ve followed it but it’s amazing and seeing it in person is something anyone who follows this sport at all should do once in their life

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
The Indy 500 used to be touted as a big American event. Nascar took away some of their viewers but I think the media moved away from it for who knows why. There are just so many things that are "true Americana" and I always thought the Indy 500 was one of them.

wile

Master
Indy 500 coming up on Memorial Day weekend. It has the possibility of being historic if Helio Castroneves wins his 5th title. Three other drivers besides him have won the race four times. Don’t dismiss oval track racing as being somehow less skillful. These guys are lapping the track at AVerage speeds of near 230mph and doing that for 2 hours. It’s an incredible feat of endurance and incredible reaction time. For those of you who have not attended an Indycar event I’d highly recommend it.

From someone that knows a bit about oval racing, Darrel Waltrip said road racing you can learn but you have to be born to race ovals successfully at the top level.