How many punches can you throw per second

Sean

Mentor
Joe Calzaghe can throw 9!

http://www.counterpunchlive.com/shop/

At the above website, which is selling a heavybag that can be connected to software that gives feedback, it reports that Joe Calzaghe threw an incredible 1,636 punches over a 3 minute period. These are not full punches obviously, just to see how fast it came out to. 1,636 over 180 seconds equals 9 punches per second! Talk about fast hands!

Remember this next time someone say whites are slow. Let's hope Joe puts those fast hands to use in beating RJJ!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I wasn't aware of how many punches he throws per second second. I do know Calzaghe is probably the fastest puncher in the boxing right now. That guy is amazing.

moose

Guru
the reason that joe punched so much is that that heavy bag was black, if it was white his punch rate would not have been as high.
smiley36.gif

Sean

Mentor
Seahawker71 said:
Useless product.Boxing is far more than throwing a flurry of punches
quickly.

Yes, boxing is a very technical sport (most don't understand that), but I disagree on the product.

Obviously I don't own one of these bags, but being able to gauge power, speed, etc can, in my opinion, help you improve it. Look at what biomechanists have done with olympians. It's much more to say, "He runs 100 meters in 10.1" then to say "He runs 100 meters fast". It's just a question of qualitative analysis versus quantitative feedback. Of course, it all depends on the coach. A good trainer can help you regardless
smiley20.gif

Whether or not the product is anything useful, I just posted up the link to show the fantastic handspeed of Joe Calzaghe, an all time great!

Seahawker71

Sean oh yeah no doubt.

I think it's nice to have some measurement so I should probably have
been a bit more conservative and not called it useless. At one time I
though Calzaghe was all speed and no power but that was years ago and
since then I've seen him sit down on some punches and saw that he can
bang with the best of them.Kessler was honest about being hurt from a
couple of punches and I've never seen the Danish Warrior hurt before in a
fight (admittedly I haven't even seen half of his fights) and I know he's a
tough one.

P-NutLane

Guru
You Know, its a shame that I didnt Know who Calzage was till I got Internet. That speaks volumes to me. I didnt know who Pavlik was till I got Direct TV, and had ESPN. Abraham, the Vitali and Wald, Ricky Hatton, didnt know'em till I had Internet.

You can bet I knew about Roy Jones Jr. , Mayweather, James Tony, David Haye, Zab Juda, Eddioson Maranda, B Hopkins. Again, I just think that speaks volumes.When you considers that Calzages been so good for so long, Pavlik and Hatton with all those wins before losing, andAbraham is a monster. Another thing that chaps me is the anaouncers in boxing on TV. They dont like to give awhite boy his credit, and its so clear that thats what it is. Its SOOOOOO Frustrating
smiley7.gif

Sean

Mentor
P-NutLane said:
You Know, its a shame that I didnt Know who Calzage was till I got Internet. That speaks volumes to me. I didnt know who Pavlik was till I got Direct TV, and had ESPN. Abraham, the Vitali and Wald, Ricky Hatton, didnt know'em till I had Internet.

You can bet I knew about Roy Jones Jr. , Mayweather, James Tony, David Haye, Zab Juda, Eddioson Maranda, B Hopkins. Again, I just think that speaks volumes. When you considers that Calzages been so good for so long, Pavlik and Hatton with all those wins before losing, and Abraham is a monster. Another thing that chaps me is the anaouncers in boxing on TV. They dont like to give a white boy his credit, and its so clear that thats what it is. Its SOOOOOO Frustrating
smiley7.gif

Such true words, and a GREAT example of the caste media showing only what it wants to show.