Derek Carr

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carr has more than earned his own thread with his play last season and so far in the 2021 season. Yet another of the many White quarterbacks degraded or written off by the hive mind sports "journalists" and their clapping seal DWFs, Carr is quickly developing into one of the best in the league at his position.

Here's what analyst Matt Williamson wrote of Carr after the Raiders beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh on Sunday:

"Sometimes you just must tip your hat to the opponent. In this case, that tipping of the hat goes to Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.

"Pittsburgh did an exceptional job of taking away the Raiders running game and putting the onus of the game on Carr’s shoulders. Jon Gruden wants to run the football with heavy personnel, with a fullback or second tight end on the field, but that went nowhere. Starting running back Josh Jacobs was inactive, but the Raiders still only produced 21 rushing yards at the half. In the end, even with playing with a lead for much of the game, the Raiders only ran for 52 yards on 25 attempts. Frankly, Las Vegas’ run blocking was horrific.

"However, Carr was more than up for that challenge and was the best player on either team Sunday. Carr played a great game and has really come into his own. Last season was his best as a professional, but after two excellent showings, Carr is playing even better now. Carr also deserves great credit for returning to the game after an awkward hit on his touchdown pass to Foster Moreau.

"He finished the day with 382 passing yards while throwing the ball extremely well, showing great poise in the pocket and a total command of the Raiders complicated offensive system. Carr was lethal attacking every level of the field against the Steelers and now has 817 passing yards over his two games…against two of the best defenses in the NFL."

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Maybe David Carr is headed for an MVP type season!

The Hock

Master
Maybe David Carr is headed for an MVP type season!

That would be one hell of a comeback story.

Seriously though, it's good to see Derek's character showing through. He's kept on keeping on even after being betrayed by some on his O-line during the kneeling craze.

In the long run character counts in sports.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McDaniels is a great example of the Peter Principle in action. To his credit he may have realized that himself after his disastrous tenure in Denver many years ago now, but the Raiders waved a lot of money at him. So now McDaniels is laughing all the way to the bank.

Wildcat

McDaniels, as with everyone else from Belichecks coaching tree seems incapable of competent head coaching (unless I’m forgetting someone).

Bucky

Hall of Famer
McDaniels, as with everyone else from Belichecks coaching tree seems incapable of competent head coaching (unless I’m forgetting someone).
Minus Eric Manigini. They all have been huge disappointments.

Derek Carr has amassed 28 comebacks and 33 game-winning drives in just 142 career starts. That is incredible. All-time, he is already ranked 13th in comebacks and 16th in game-winning drives. With just four more comebacks he would ascend into the top 10! That is unbelievable and goes to show you how much he has elevated the Raiders during his tenure.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Derek Carr has amassed 28 comebacks and 33 game-winning drives in just 142 career starts. That is incredible. All-time, he is already ranked 13th in comebacks and 16th in game-winning drives. With just four more comebacks he would ascend into the top 10! That is unbelievable and goes to show you how much he has elevated the Raiders during his tenure.
I haven't followed the Raiders very closely this season but those are good stats to know. I had a co-worker yesterday tell me that Derek Carr was benched "because he could only throw interceptions". I didn't want to come back on him too harshly but he sounds like he just lives on listening to ESPN or Sports Talk Radio that probably denigrates Carr and other White quarterbacks when they take the fall for other poor team play, such as the poor play of his Offensive line.

Eric Mangini was doing his best to repair the Jets when GM Mike Tannenbaum went behind his back and brought in a washed up Brett Favre for the 2008 season. It started off great as the team fought it's way to an 8-3 record. Then Favre got hurt. Being the selfish player that he was, Favre kept playing to maintain his consecutive starts streak. Consequently the team limped to a 9-7 record and missed the playoffs. Mangini was scapegoated for the team's decline and fired. After that he coached the Browns for two seasons. Mangini's tenure with the Browns reached mythical status for Peyton Hillis' legendary 2010 campaign and the plethora of white defensive players on the roster. It seemed like Mangini was getting the right pieces in place to turning the Browns around. The offense still needed some work but the defense had improved to 13th in points allowed. They even beat the big bad Patriots in 2010 when the """Genius""" had no answers for the bull-like charges of Peyton Hillis. However, all that ended when caste extremist Mike Holmgren fired Mangini, who has since been blackballed from coaching.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eric Mangini was doing his best to repair the Jets when GM Mike Tannenbaum went behind his back and brought in a washed up Brett Favre for the 2008 season. It started off great as the team fought it's way to an 8-3 record. Then Favre got hurt. Being the selfish player that he was, Favre kept playing to maintain his consecutive starts streak. Consequently the team limped to a 9-7 record and missed the playoffs. Mangini was scapegoated for the team's decline and fired. After that he coached the Browns for two seasons. Mangini's tenure with the Browns reached mythical status for Peyton Hillis' legendary 2010 campaign and the plethora of white defensive players on the roster. It seemed like Mangini was getting the right pieces in place to turning the Browns around. The offense still needed some work but the defense had improved to 13th in points allowed. They even beat the big bad Patriots in 2010 when the """Genius""" had no answers for the bull-like charges of Peyton Hillis. However, all that ended when caste extremist Mike Holmgren fired Mangini, who has since been blackballed from coaching.
Great post, you summed it up well.

Phall

Master
McDaniels coached Jarrett Stidham for three years in New England and immediately traded for him upon taking the Las Vegas job.

Bill "The Genius" Belichek would not give him a sniff of the field, preferring to start mercenary rental Cam Newton in 2020 and sticking with him even with 2-5 and 6-9 records. Stidham started off 2021 with surgery and never regained the backup job over geriatric player/coach Brian Hoyer.

McDaniels must really like Stidham for some reason. It seems unlikely that he gives the Raiders a better chance to win than Carr, and it would take a huge performance for him to get realistic consideration for next year's starting job.

Fortunately for Carr, it looks like he will have a fairly long list of suitors. There are a lot of bad quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

wile

Master
Kind of ironic if GB fired the Gut brought in someone halfway decent and that guy traded for Carr, poor Davante stuck Dummy Davis hell.

Wildcat

As a saints fan I’d love to have Carr. However first we have to figure out who stays and goes on our coaching staff.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carr mostly played on teams with crap offensive lines and bad defenses. I don't consider him elite but he can still be an effective starter on the right team.

If Josh McDaniels is still coaching that pathetic organization next season I hope they go winless. Moron oversees the Patriots' offensive domination for 15 years thanks to having multiple quality White receivers to work with (not to mention Woodhead and Burkhead) and then immediately adds Hunter Renfrow's scalp to that of Peyton Hillis after taking over the Raiders. The Belichick coaching tree has clearly been watered with Brawndo all these years (Mangini the sole exception and he's paid the price for it).

“I once said that if I’m not a Raider I would rather be at home and I meant that, but I never envisioned it ending this way,” Carr wrote on Instagram. “That fire burning inside of me to win a championship still rages. A fire no man can extinguish; only God. So I look forward to a new city and a new team who, no matter the circumstance, will get everything I have. Winning a championship is what I’ve always wanted and what I will continue to work towards.”