Craig Sanders from Ariton, Alabama

redeye

I understand he is the projected top football player in the state of Alabama this coming year. He is 6'5", weighs 245 and runs a 4.6 forty yard dash. He ran for over 1,000 yards in only seven games. A two way player, he also had 90 tackles, 71 solo and 32 behind the line of scrimmage, not to mention 6 interceptions and 4 forced fumbles.

He has been described as a one man wrecking crew. Scout has him listed as a four star player which seems very underated. He wil probably play outside linebacker or defensive end in college. He could play a variety of positions. He is one to watch!

Mike

Guru
I don' like getting caught up in slotting people by height/weight, but nobody is goin to work with a kid who is 6'5 at running back. At that size he sounds like a 3-4 OLB or a TE.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mike,

while you are right that very few tall players end up at tailback, there are some who do. if i'm not mistaken, Brandon Jacobs of the New York Giants is about 6-4, 265, and i don't recall anyone in his career forcing him to be a linebacker or tight end.

of course, i don't know anything about Craig Sanders other than what has been posted. but i just thought i'd offer an example of big, tall running back who has been successful.

Gi-15

Mentor
wasn't Jacobs asked to change position at Auburn (because he was behind R.Brown and C.Williams) and that's why he transfered to southern illinois?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you may be right about that, Gi-15. i had forgotten that Jacobs transferred, and that very well could have been the reason for it.

thanks for the knowledge.

Wow I saw on rivals that Craig Sanders has a ton of offers! I'm sure him being from Alabama that he'll want to go to either Bama or Auburn, but maybe he'll choose somewhere else. I bet there's a kid like this at nearly every big HS in Alabama, but for whatever reason they don't develop their talent or don't get noticed for whatever reason.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
He is now an Auburn verbal.

He was previously an Alabama verbal.