Boxing- How it got where it is now

Sean

Mentor
I'm sure that most of us know boxing's 'roots'. Names like Jeffries, Dempsey, Tunney, and Marciano are all familiar to us. After Johansson's brief reign in 1959, the white heavyweight almost became a thing of the past. From 1960 on, there was usually one decent white heavyweight contender, but never true champions. Tommy Morrison was the 'Quarry of the 90's' as he proved he was a good white fighter, but couldn't win the big one.

When the Iron Curtain came down, it shook the boxing world up. Morrison was the one white fighter, the only one that boxing was 'supposed' to have. But in 1990, decorated amateur Alexander Zolkin of Russia made his pro debut. In my opinion, it was Zolkin who opened the door for Eastern (and all) European boxers. Zolkin, a 6'5 southpaw, was no world beater, but was a decent heavyweight. He retired with a record of 28-3-1.

In 1992, another pretty good amateur made his pro debut; Andrew Golota. If Zolkin opened the door, then it was Golota who first got his foot in. I'm sure most of us are pretty familiar with Golota. He is one of my personal favorite fighters, though he never could get his head in the game. He did prove that not only could whites compete, but that they really could dominate opponents (watch Golota-Bowe I&II).

So Zolkin opened the door, Golota got his foot in. In 1996 both Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko made their pro debuts. They figuratively took the door off it's hinges! They have paved a road that many Eastern European have and will follow. They showed the world once again that white men can fight, and dominate, and become world champion.

With the Olympics just around the corner, we may be watching a future Heavyweight champion!

G

Sean, you left off Gerrie Coetzee who in 1983 knockout a good black heavyweight, Michael Dokes who was in his prime. The KO occurred in the 10th round. Gerrie had some talent but his career never fully blossomed due to reoccurring hand problems. He was always getting operations on it. The nick name for his right hand was the "bionic arm."

G

Oh, that Goetzee's win over Dokes was for one of the heavyweight straps. Many things were expected for Gerrie, however, his right wrists always gave him problems.

Sean

Mentor
I'm a big Coetzee fan! I didn't forget him, or Knoetze, or Botha (the three best African fighters, and all were white
smiley32.gif
). I was just mentioning Zolkin and Golota as they seemed to open the door for Eastern Europeans.

There have always been good, tough white fighters, it's just now that there is an overflow, and we are very happy about it!

moose

Guru
I wish the fighters from the soviet union much success and many championships in the future.

darthvader

Guru
Unlike here in the USA, russian and eastern european guys are not taught to be afraid of the big black guy. Here it is constantly fed to us thru the media about the superiority and physicality of the black race even though historically the world's strongest man has always been white and probably will always be. I remember during the 80's watching russian amateur boxers constantly dominating these black boxers with relative ease and thinking to myself does anybody notice a pattern here? If you go into a fight afraid you've already lost psychologically. I guess that's where these russian and eastern european fighters have the advantage.&n bsp;&n bsp;

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Whites in America have been brainwashed completely. Lets take the NBA for example. The two best white players are from another country. That would be Nash and Nowitzki. Its the same thing in boxing in this country as it always was. We really don't have any white contenders and only one champ Pavlik. However there have been European champs throughout the years. Vassily Jirov, Dariusz Michalczewski, Sven Ottke, and Henry Maske. There were countless others but now boxing is totally dominated by whites. If there were Russian fighters 30 years ago competing against the blacks guess what Ali would not be known as the greatest and Holyfield and Tyson would have been destroyed in the ring. There werent so now we can listen to the media about how boring the heavyweight division is.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Darthvader, your analysis is correct. I should add, the Zionists who own and/or control much of the sports media have deliberately created this illusion that the black man is athletically superior.

I saw a poll on boxingscene, asking "what race are you?" with five options: White, Black, Hispanic, Asian or "other" - the members who say they are Jewish voted "other".

Here it is:

RACE POLL

Sean

Mentor
I definately agree about the brainwashing. Some people say it's because Eastern Europeans are poor. I have always thought it was because of 2 reasons.

1. Brainwashing, which has been discussed above.

2. Lack of training. Look at the white heavyweights since Marciano. Most were really tough guys, but sorely lacking in skill. It's still true of most white Heavyweights today. All the gyms are in the inner cities! Look at MMA. Gyms in Iowa, Minnesota, midwestern states, and white Americans are dominating in many organizations (congrats Forrest
smiley32.gif
)! Boxing doesn't do this, and consequently the white heavyweights are usually not even as skilled as their black counterparts who are given prefferential treatment! It's not fair, but it's starting to change thanks to the changes that have been happening in boxing.

Bart

Hall of Famer
JD1986 said:
I saw a poll on boxingscene, asking "what race are you?" with five options: White, Black, Hispanic, Asian or "other" - the members who say they are Jewish voted "other".

That should wake some people up. But I doubt it will.
smiley6.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
JD1986 said:

Here it is:

RACE POLL
As you can see I voted on there. But what that poll made me realize is that there's a lot of damn wiggers at Boxingscene. I thought most of those fools were colored
smiley36.gif

mr.clean

great post sean, i would also note that whites from eastern europe are a much more rugged race of people,something about surviving those brutal winters makes one more durable and also to the fact that these people do not live a lifestyle of comfort and leisure that promotes passivity,political correctness equality and most of all "white guilt".

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
mr.clean said:
great post sean, i would also note that whites from eastern europe are a much more rugged race of people,something about surviving those brutal winters makes one more durable and also to the fact that these people do not live a  lifestyle of comfort and leisure that promotes passivity,political correctness equality and most of all "white guilt".

I think "white guilt" brainwashed into us by the media is an important factor. Also, because of the way blacks are spoken about and whites are discredited in the media, leads young white men to believe they cannot defeat blacks in boxing. The East Europeans have more faith in their own abilities.

I notice that TSN and ESPN Classic here in Canada will almost never show a fight where a white defeats a black, yet they show Mayweather vs. Gatti and Lewis vs. a sick Morrison over and over again. Most people here in Canada believe blacks never lose to whites in boxing.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What I find unbelievable is the richest country in the world with 200 million whites can't produce a single white champion. The last one was Morrison and thats was over 10 years ago.It angers me.

G

I'll tell you where boxing is now. Black guys knocking out black guys in 1991.

That's about the extent of the information the US sports media offers on the current state of boxing.

They do occasionally take pay per view orders on midget fights, call now, operators are standing by. Don't miss the greatest boxers in the world folks. 150 pound midgets are fighting TONIGHT in beautiful LAS VEGAS. DON'T MISS IT.

G

Nevada, how do you define a "midget"? I suspect that you are around 6'00'' and probably 270 lbs. You have an average job and look forward to watching college and pro football every weekend. You sit all over you couch eating doritos,chips and drinking beer.

You sit there angry with your physical condition and that you never had the courage or ability to do anything in sports. You grip and complain and loathe yourself.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
After a few beers and a whole day of eating buffalo wings and fries Nevada gets the courage to put down white fighters on this site. Every now and then he says something positive about white fighters but his comments show me he really is bipolar.

Sean

Mentor
You know guys I whole-heartily agree about white guilt, and I am too angered by the lack of white American heavyweights.

Whites are CONSTANTLY put down by everyone. No credit is ever given to white athletes. I knew a guy once, he was a basketball player in high school. He had all the physical tools; height, good ability, etc. When asked where he was going to play ball in college, he said he wasn't going to play college basketball because he couldnt, because he wasn't black! Can you imagine?

It's that mindset that really holds back white Americans. As was pointed out, many Europeans are not brainwashed. Even in the liberal European nations, it's not as bad as it is here in the sports media. Not just boxing (boxing is still illegal in parts of Europe) but sports in general. I really believe that the Eastern Euros have opened doors for white Americans interested in boxing, and we know have several good white American heavyweights. For the first time in a LONG time, it's possible to say that the best US Heavyweight is a white guy: Minto.

Of course the media will hush this up, and point out how weak the division is, so the average white American kid will still be cheering on Kobe. But for those who are interested in boxing, seeing white fighters beat black has to do wonders for their self esteem, and possibly pave the way for knew good white US Heavyweights.