blueinteractive.com

White Mike

Guru
anyone ever seen this site? i found it through draftdaddy.com the writters seem to be anti-caste/pro white blue interactive

here are some aritcles about Brian Leonard and Eric Weddle.(Note Leonard article is from before the combine)

Brian Leonard article said:
3. Brian Leonard (6'1", 225lbs, Rutgers): Yup, #3 RB! Is that my RU bias? Maybe a little but respected draft expert Mike Mayock has him ranked #4 at RB. For at least two years I've said he is NOT an NFL fullback prospect. He's a running back. A big guy with speed (you'll see it at the Combine) and explosion (38+" vertical). Versatility unmatched by any player in the entire draft. Perfect running back for a one-back/two-tight end set. Quick for his size. Thick base. Outstanding balance allows him to absorb a hit and continue forward. Can give you power and also a weapon in pass game. Some of the best hands in football. 200+ catches and only one drop. Immediately turns north after the catch. Good blocker. Doesn't blow up guys but uses excellent technique. Consistently turns linebacker away from ball carrier. It's been reported he lost 14 pounds since end of year. Don't believe it. May have cut a little weight but he played below the reported 239lbs. Weakness: Initial burst out of stance is only average. And I'd like to see more pop on his blocks. NFL comparison? Forget the long list of white fullbacks. The draft guys making that comparison are way off. Nothing like Alstott or the others. He's high cut and a much better athlete than any of those fullbacks. Think a young Dorsey Levens. Like Levens in Green Bay, he can be your #1 running back and a force in the pass game. That's what you get with Leonard.

Eric Weddle article said:
Eric Weddle/Utah (5'11", 203lbs; Combine: 40: 4.48, 10: 1.43, Vert: 33.5, SS: 4.12, 3 cone: 6.78): Played all over for Utah including RB, PR, S, and CB. In the NFL, I believe his future is a S who can also handle the nickel job. Outstanding football intangibles and intelligence. Great college player but plenty downgrade him for a perceived lack of athletic ability. Simply not true with Weddle. Not just a football player. He's an athlete. Quick. Explosive in the short area (1.43/10 yard split was the fastest at Combine - not only in 2007 but for many years). Excellent change-of-direction skills. Fast break on ball. A gamer. Consistently made big plays. Good hands. Lack of size/strength only drawback. Not a big hitter but solid open field tackler. For a S, excellent man coverage skills with a smooth backpedal. Can stay on field and play the slot in NFL. Will immediately help on ST. Two-time conference defensive player of the year. Round 3.

backrow

Hall of Famer
nice to read such unbiased opinions
smiley1.gif