Baker Mayfield

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
One of the bizarre narratives being advanced by the MSM is that the Browns need to tell Mayfield to stay away until they can trade him. They say having Mayfield and Watson on the same team is "untenable."

This is ridiculous. It just sounds like another way to keep a white player from playing.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
And to think that a player like Watson who has all the dirt on him from the multiple accusations is not the one told told to stay away. The media needs to be ignored but people won't ignore them.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
if this were jeopardy I would phrase it this way:

What is Reason number 8062 as to why you should not support the NFL?

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
One of the current MSM narratives is that Baker Mayfield will sit out the season to punish the Browns for their treatment of him.

So, Mayfield is going to lose himself 18+ million dollars and the opportunity to increase his market value in order to punish the Browns.

Not bloody likely.

It's a fake media narrative, probably created so the media has something to talk about.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One of the current MSM narratives is that Baker Mayfield will sit out the season to punish the Browns for their treatment of him.

So, Mayfield is going to lose himself 18+ million dollars and the opportunity to increase his market value in order to punish the Browns.

Not bloody likely.

It's a fake media narrative, probably created so the media has something to talk about.

A link or links is always helpful.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Baker Mayfield is now a Carolina Panther:

Panthers acquired QB Baker Mayfield from the Browns in exchange for a conditional 2024 fifth-round pick.
Additionally, Mayfield has agreed to a $3.5 million pay cut in the final year of his deal this upcoming season, while the Browns will absorb $10.5 million and the Panthers around $5 million. Carolina and Seattle always made the most sense for Mayfield after the Deshaun Watson acquisition by Cleveland. And with the Panthers, Mayfield should be the overwhelming favorite to start Week 1 against, you guessed it, the Browns. Giddy up. In Mayfield and Sam Darnold, the Panthers now employ the Nos. 1 and 3 overall picks from the 2018 draft. Mayfield’s addition doesn’t exactly move the needle much for Carolina’s pass-catchers in terms of fantasy.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m very pleased with this. I like Mayfield. He has grit. He will be an asset to McCaffrey. Plus, he is out of the dumpster fire that is Cleveland. I hope Watson is suspended for the entire year and sucks upon his return from two years off... Cleveland will deserve it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is the best news of the offseason. Mayfield is a top 10 qb in the NFL and now he gets a chance for a fresh start on a new team with one of the best running backs in football with Cmac! Now if they could only add some
better receivers in the future. Even with what they have Mayfield is so good that he will elevate their average receivers a little. This should help reinvigoate Cmac too as they just might make the playoffs in the next couple of years.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good for him to get out of the dumpster fire that is Cleveland.

sprintstar

Mentor
I* wonder how Darnold is taking this news? Its gotta suck knowing you are gonna be #2 again...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Supposedly it's going to be an open competition between Darnold and Mayfield. I may be one of Darnold's last fans but I still think he's talented enough to be an NFL starter under better circumstances than he's had with the Jets and then Carolina last year. At least it's a White vs. White one. . .

El Gringo

Mentor
Supposedly it's going to be an open competition between Darnold and Mayfield. I may be one of Darnold's last fans but I still think he's talented enough to be an NFL starter under better circumstances than he's had with the Jets and then Carolina last year. At least it's a White vs. White one. . .
I agree. It would have been nice for Darnold to have one more shot at starting with a healthy McCaffery all year.

icsept

Master
Baker appears to be a better QB and a better leader than Darnold. I expect Baker to start, and Darnold should be a competent backup.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I* wonder how Darnold is taking this news? Its gotta suck knowing you are gonna be #2 again...

Darnold was ruined by Gase. This coming from one of his staunchest supporters and someone who watched him throughout his college career. Mayfield has shown himself to be a top 10 QB when healthy. I think Mayfield wins the job. Darnold needs to do more than just learn the offense - he needs his confidence back and to work on his mechanics.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rumor is that Mayfield is getting cut today. Pretty sad fall from grace for him. He brought Cleveland back to prominence, got injured last year and then the Browns held onto him until his choice of destination was only Carolina. Perhaps he will end up in San Fran.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Maybe Indy next year? Not sure what's next for him. Will say getting healthy is his top priority. I think playing through injuries in previous years may have ruined him..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Maybe Indy next year? Not sure what's next for him. Will say getting healthy is his top priority. I think playing through injuries in previous years may have ruined him..
I’ll certainly root against Cleveland and hope they continue to be a miserable failure. The douchebag coach and black power GM really did their best to destroy Mayfields career with an assist from the anti-White media. Considering how Mayfield played through injury last year he may have caused permanent damage to his arm or the very least he came back before he was healthy.

It would be nice if the 49ers grabbed him and cut Josh johnson who they just signed.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’ll certainly root against Cleveland and hope they continue to be a miserable failure. The douchebag coach and black power GM really did their best to destroy Mayfields career with an assist from the anti-White media. Considering how Mayfield played through injury last year he may have caused permanent damage to his arm or the very least he came back before he was healthy.

It would be nice if the 49ers grabbed him and cut Josh johnson who they just signed.
Lmao Josh Johnson AA QB of the last decade! My god that clown is still around?!

Mayfield didn't look right when he played GB last year. Definitely think he rushed back before fully healthy.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Rumor is that Mayfield is getting cut today. Pretty sad fall from grace for him. He brought Cleveland back to prominence, got injured last year and then the Browns held onto him until his choice of destination was only Carolina. Perhaps he will end up in San Fran.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rumor is the Rams are interested so he might now even make it very far down the waiver wire.

The Rams make sense as Stafford is done for the year and although he still has one of the best arms in the NFL he has been beat up throughout his career. Mayfield can play this year and maybe sign a deal after the season as Staffords backup and take over.

It’s all speculation at this point. Would rather him end up in San Francisco but it seems unlikely and as we all have learned in the NFL it’s rare for White athletes to be put into advantageous situations.

It's remarkable how fast the city of Cleveland turned on Baker after he won them a playoff game against their hated rival Pittsburgh and nearly beat Kansas City. Meanwhile Donovan McNabb was and still appears to be worshipped and cherished by Philadelphia despite losing them a super bowl and four conference championship games. The NFL is often said to be a "what have you done for me lately?" league, but it's become increasingly evident that only applies to white athletes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's remarkable how fast the city of Cleveland turned on Baker after he won them a playoff game against their hated rival Pittsburgh and nearly beat Kansas City. Meanwhile Donovan McNabb was and still appears to be worshipped and cherished by Philadelphia despite losing them a super bowl and four conference championship games. The NFL is often said to be a "what have you done for me lately?" league, but it's become increasingly evident that only applies to white athletes.

Yes just like in all aspects of society it's a double standard. Blacks are always given the benefit of the doubt. They also praise them even
when their performances don't live up to it as they somehow have that magical upside whites are not allowed to have. It's all such a joke.

I think Baker Mayfield going to either the Rams or the Niners would be perfect. I agree with Leonard Fan. The Rams are taylor made for him
as he doesn't have the pressure to come in and be the man right way. I think Mayfield has lost some of his confidence and swagger. Hanging
around and learning from Matthew Stafford will do him some good. Also the Rams Team like the old Patriots Teams is like a big family type
atmosphere. They players really do seem to support and like each other. This could get Baker Mayfield back to his old self and he could take
over in a couple of years when Stafford retires.

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Rams officially claim Mayfield

I liked the move for Baker's sake. It's on him now to get himself right. Probably his last chance. Too bad Cooper Kupp is out right now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I liked the move for Baker's sake. It's on him now to get himself right. Probably his last chance. Too bad Cooper Kupp is out right now.

Yea, hopefully he can play well down the stretch and set himself up as a successor to Stafford.