All-Star weekend

foobar75

Master
I was watching the sophomore-rookie game a little bit, which is pretty much a complete black-fest.
smiley11.gif

Some observations:

We have 2 Spaniards (Gasol and Fernandez) on the rookie team and Scola on the sophomore team. The black players are of-course completely ignoring the white players. On the commentary side, LeBron James is sitting between Kenny Smith and Kevin Harlan. He (James) is engaged in some hearty discussion with Smith, and they're totally and completely ignoring Harlan.

After a nice play by the Gasol/Fernandez duo, Harlan brings up the awesome facial delivered by Fernandez on Dwight Howard in the Olympic final. Black supremacist Kenny Smith, a despicable racist, is very quick to dismiss Fernandez's dunk as a "quick" dunk, whatever the hell than means.
smiley7.gif

All in all, I have no interest in this weekend's thug-fest, though I might tune-in to watch a few bright spots involving any white players.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I haven't heard. Who is in the three point contest. There is usually a couple of white guys to root for. Anybody know?

icsept

Master
Where the hell was Kevin Love on the rookie team? He's the leading rookie rebounder and averages more points than Oden. Oh yeah, the NBA likes to prop certain selected players to be stars.

I'm interested to see Fernandez in the dunk contest, Kapono in the 3 pt. I don't plan on watching the game.

I just saw highlights of the dunk contest. Looks like Fernandez had a couple pretty sweet dunks, but didn't win. He had somebody throw the ball off the back of the backboard, Dr. J. styled it to the other side of the backboard, but dunked it instead of the finger roll.

foobar75

Master
The NBA all-star weekend is a complete and total black-fest, with a near 100% white audience cheering these guys on, it's simply ridiculous. But what else can you expect from black-worshipping white people, who helped elect Obama as president?

I used to enjoy watching the game, but this thug love-fest is just too much for me these days.

foobar75 said:
The NBA all-star weekend is a complete and total black-fest, with a near 100% white audience cheering these guys on, it's simply ridiculous. But what else can you expect from black-worshipping white people, who helped elect Obama as president?

I used to enjoy watching the game, but this thug love-fest is just too much for me these days.
The only Bona Fide thug in the All-Star game is Allan Iverson. Most of the All-Stars have never had a problem with the law.

Of the players I think are definitely not thugs:
1. Tim Duncan
2. Chauncey Billups
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. David West
5. Devin Harris
6. Pau Gasol
7. Tony Parker
8. Yao Ming
9. Chris Bosh (self described computer nerd)
10. Dwight Howard

Not thugs, but seem to embrace hip-hop culture
11. Lebron James
12. Dwyane Wade
13. Shaquille O'Neal

Not officially thugs, but I wonder:
14. Kevin Garnett (doesn't go to clubs or parties, but think he might be crazy)
15. Paul Pierce (Got stabbed while breaking up a fight)
16. Chris Paul
17. Brandon Roy (Took 4 times to pass SAT)
18. Amare Stodemire (Mom and brother both recently arrested)

Guys I don't know enough about, but don't think have exhibited thug behavior:
19. Mo Williams
20. Joe Johnson
21. Danny Granger
22. Jameer Nelson
23. Rashard Lewis

Wild Card:
24. Kobe (depending completely on whether he's guilty or the girl lied)

The NBA is FAR removed from the days when the face of the league was dominated by AI, Marbury, the Jailblazers, Derick Coleman and Latrell Sprewell. Now it's guys like Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Tracey McGrady, Yao, Duncan, Billups, Nash, Derron Williams.

7-8 years ago, I pretty much refused to watch the NBA because it was a selfish thug league. Despite the lack of white American talent, the league is much improved; a lot more team basketball and a lot less criminals.

Edited by: Fightingtowin

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I disagree totally fightingtown. There are still tons of thugs in the NBA. Out of all those guys you named I can only say that Duncan, Nowitzki, and Parker are not thugs.

whiteathlete33 said:
I disagree totally fightingtown. There are still tons of thugs in the NBA. Out of all those guys you named I can only say that Duncan, Nowitzki, and Parker are not thugs.
How do you define thug? If a guy doesn't have a history of criminal behavior or living in the fast lane, I don't think he's a thug. I don't know why you would think Billups, Howard, Bosh, Pau, Yao or Devin Harris are thugs, to just name a few. Even Lebron was a very good student in H.S. and never had any legal issues. The future looks bright too in regards to high character players. Kevin Durant also is not a thug and was a good student. Same with Chris Paul. Greg Oden is a math nerd who wants to be an accountant some day (although I question if he will live up to the hype: why was he invited to the all star game and Love was not?). Andris BiedriņÅ¡, who I think will be a perennial All-Star, is very involved with charities. Starting PG for the sophomores, Stuckey, was also a good student in college and is known for never going out to bars/parties; he'll be a perennial All-Star.
Edited by: Fightingtowin

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes well all of these guys are into rap. Rap is violent, racist music that attacks whites. Anyone who is into that type of music would be a thug. It doesn't matter if they have criminal records or not. They act like it and anyone who listens to rap has issues.

jimlongstreet

Garnett is a big time thug.

He was wanted for attempted murder involving a racial fight in his home state of South Carolina. He was quickly moved to Chicago to attend HS there. The outcome of the charges was not really publicized, but considering Garnett went directly to the NBA from HS and was a very good player as a rookie, probably hush money and other types of bribes allowed Garnett to escape justice.

Fighting, you'll soon learn how many on this site define "thug," and it has nothing to do with behavior.

That said, having seen the photos of the girl in the Kobe incident, he's at best a thug.

j41181

Master
This was in no doubt the most boring All-Star game I have seen in years. I say it in terms of the crowd reaction (how silent the crowd was), and how little involvement there was from the non-blacks (Yao, Dirk, and Pau). While it's not a game to take seriously, it would have been nice to see the non-blacks put on a real show (Yao-2 points, Dirk-8 points, and Pau 14-points). No non-black has won the All-Star MVP since 1993, Stockton was co-MVP with Malone, and 1987, when Tom Chambers won it all. This is one award I'll say will be won exclusively by blacks for the next 25 more years!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hey, look on the bright side.

at least no one got shot or raped at the after parties this year. as far as i know, anyway.
smiley36.gif

Yeah, only cuz the Obama Volunteer Police kidnapped Jason Whitlock. Next, they'll get KRS-One.

nhl411

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
Yes well all of these guys are into rap. Rap is violent, racist music that attacks whites. Anyone who is into that type of music would be a thug. It doesn't matter if they have criminal records or not. They act like it and anyone who listens to rap has issues.

I'm a thug because I enjoy some rap music?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Most Rap seems to have disgusting lyrics to me about gratuitous lust and sex and often mixed with gang quotes or glorification of carrying guns, fighting or surviving gunshots. The only other music that compares in horrible content is the hardcore death metal/ or as I call it Satan's music, lol.

Not sure why Dwayne Wade embraces hip-hop culture b/c he picked number two as his jersey number b/c God is first in his life and he is number two. If he is truly a Christian; he should be appalled by some of the rappers lyrics. However, I don't think Wade is a thug. To me that means criminal type. He seems like a good guy; who just maybe just allows himself to enjoy rap.

Kobe: Might be a thug depending on his guilt or innocence in the rape case and he seems somewhat anti-white.

Iverson: Definitely a thug

I wouldn't give any of the other guys that label until I hear about them committing felonies especially violent crimes! A minor rap/ misdemeanor type offense does not make you a thug IMO.

j41181

Master
I find Rap incredibly annoying, I have no idea why many people like it these days. Personally I think it's the blacks way of expressing their struggles and frustrations against the whole wide world, not just against whites.

The only thing more disgusting to me than Rap is Punk/Acid/Heavy Metal Rock, I can't stand all that horrible shouting and screaming. Rap to me is like listening to lots and lots of gibberish.

The NBA is getting too much association with rap, they should add more variety in their music flavor, get back to some of those classic pop-rock flavor. Doing that will give their brand more appeal to all ages, all gender, and all races.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Not sure why Dwayne Wade embraces hip-hop culture b/c he picked number two as his jersey number b/c God is first in his life and he is number two.

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Yeah, I'm sure "Dwyane" isa real angel in every way. And he's probably completely innocent when it comes to the story below, especially if his wife is white.

Wade sues estranged wife, attorneys
By TIM REYNOLDS - 1 hour ago

MIAMI (AP) â€â€￾ Dwyane Wade sued his estranged wife and two of her lawyers Wednesday over accusations the Miami Heat star contracted a sexually transmitted disease through an extramarital affair.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jcHV5ZULw0 nMyog1cVEdN8tBsrhgD96E9LH80Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just realized I misstated that about Wade. He's jersey #3 which is because of the importance of the Holy Trinity to him according to an old SI article I read. #2 was some other athlete (can't remember who) who said he picked #2 because his family and God came before him in his life.

Edited to add: That is unfortunate to hear about Wade Don. Lots of these pro athletes cheat on their wives. An excuse claim I've heard is that women throw themselves at them all the time and they are often on the road far from home and hang out with other athletes who aren't married at clubs who are trying to get laid. When you have taken the vow of marriage you have to resist though; so this excuse is b.s. These guys should be grateful for all they have and show it by their actions. Black culture is less conservative about sex "as far as their behavior" and rap culture only accentuates the acceptance of wrong choices.

STD rates are only going to continue to go up with the way people are having indiscriminate sex. It is rare today to find two people who wait until their wedding night to share the ultimate experience; this is very unfortunate because it is much more rewarding in the most important ways to do this.

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Did anyone find it ridiculous how that Golden State guy (Monte Ellis?) scored better than Fernandez in the dunk contest? It seems like the judges were biased against Fernandez on his dunk where he grabbed it from a behind the backboard bounce. How the hell did that score the same as the Golden State guys second dunk which was simply a hard two handed throw down from about 7 feet away?

Nate Robinson clearly should have won; but there is no way that Fernandez should have finished behind the Golden State guy...
smiley7.gif
. Even Fernandez's first dunk was a solid dunk. Oh well it should have been Joe Alexander anyway...Maybe next year.