2023 UDFA Signings

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Steelers sign QB Tanner Morgan

Patriots sign quota Malik Cunningham LOL. Belichek certainly is a genius.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bad choice by him

Maybe so maybe not. McCarthy did have an affinity with fullbacks in Green Bay - John Kuhn was a very good player there during that great blip in the caste system - 2010/2011. They have no fullback on the roster currently, Leupke is versatile enough to be a weapon in the passing game, Elliot is gone and the only established RB on the roster is Pollard. It's certainly not ideal in terms of demographics and having an overrated black QB but he certainly has a chance at making the roster as long as he is healed up from the injuries that hampered his pre-draft process.

Krause

DT Jacob Slade- Arizona
OT Jaxon Kirkland- Cincinnati
OT Joey Fisher- San Francisco
G TJ Bass- Dallas

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe so maybe not. McCarthy did have an affinity with fullbacks in Green Bay - John Kuhn was a very good player there during that great blip in the caste system - 2010/2011. They have no fullback on the roster currently, Leupke is versatile enough to be a weapon in the passing game, Elliot is gone and the only established RB on the roster is Pollard. It's certainly not ideal in terms of demographics and having an overrated black QB but he certainly has a chance at making the roster as long as he is healed up from the injuries that hampered his pre-draft process.
I guess, if his aspiration is to at best be another Moose Johnston or John Kuhn, which unfortunately is the best he can hope for. I was thinking more in terms of being an Alstott type hybrid, which aint ever gonna happen on a Jerry Jones team. When Bobby Bowden infamously fell on the floor laughing when asked if he'd ever recruit a White RB, I can easily envision Jones rolling on the floor right along with him.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yeah it suck’s seeing Luepke racially slotted to FB. But if that’s his NFL destiny McCarthy at least gets creative with FBs..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I guess, if his aspiration is to at best be another Moose Johnston or John Kuhn, which unfortunately is the best he can hope for. I was thinking more in terms of being an Alstott type hybrid, which aint ever gonna happen on a Jerry Jones team. When Bobby Bowden infamously fell on the floor laughing when asked if he'd ever recruit a White RB, I can easily envision Jones rolling on the floor right along with him.

Oh for sure. I have no delusions that Leupke was going to be a guy that would get a few carries a game. I do think as an h-back he has a chance but Jusczyk is one of the better FB/RBs in football and he is only used in the passing game. I don't think Leupke would have been considered a running back on any of the other 31 teams in the league either.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Packers sign a massive DE named Jason Lewan. 6’6 285, from Illinois State. Average stats, above average size.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Rams have been very white friendly at WR over the past few years! Good spot for Thomas!

Jake Bozo! Bad choice.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
OT Alex Palczewski signed by the Broncos. It was criminal how overlooked he was during the draft process. Versatile player all over the offensive line. Experience and accolades throughout his career. I was watching Illiniois last year and his name came up.

Here's the blurb from the Sportingnews on him:
OL Alex Palczewski
Sporting News All-America first team

The Big Ten record holder in career starts, Palczewski has helped the Illinois offensive line be one of nine in the nation up for the Joe Moore Award. He went 428 pass block snaps without allowing a sack in 2022, the most of any Big Ten offensive tackle, while paving the way for Brown, the Power-5's leading rusher from start to finish.

Palczewski is the first offensive tackle first-team All-American in the modern history of Illinois football. The Illini

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Update: Thayer Thomas now listed to Minnesota.

I’m not sure which is correct.

I think you are correct. I just came across a UDFA tracker google spreadsheet being updated in real time on twatter.

white is right

Hall of Famer
You forgot about Ripkowski who had decent touches for a season in GB until he was kicked to the curb. He was probably the last fullback that got touches as a true running back.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Rams have been very white friendly at WR over the past few years! Good spot for Thomas!

Jake Bozo! Bad choice.
Does Bobo have much say in it? I mean if there was no one else interested can we really blame him?