2022 World Series: Phillies v. Astros

icsept

Master
Series begins tonight.

This is Bryce Harper’s ultimate stage. He’s been my favorite player to watch since he entered the league. He has an old school aggressive style, stealing home, charging the mound, throwing out runners from right field, and blasting home runs.

Anyway, the Phillies should feature 7-8 Whites in their batting lineups every game. Aaron Nola and Zach Wheeler will start 4 games if the series lasts.

The Astros are excellent and deep, but highly unlikeable. Nothing personal against Dusty Baker, but he’s a notoriously bad playoff manager. Hopefully he puts his stank on this series.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Astros are heavy favorites as they've been there over and over. They know what it takes to win. That being said I like all of us here
am all in rooting for the Phillies. They are very exciting and highly underrated. They had an ok season but have been on fire since the
playoffs started. I like their chances in a long hard fought series. It could go either way but I predict Phillies in 6 or 7 games!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Two homeruns for Kyle Tucker in the first three innings of Game One!

I'm rooting for the Phillies to win the Series but also always root for individual White athletes.

jphoss

Mentor
Series begins tonight.

This is Bryce Harper’s ultimate stage. He’s been my favorite player to watch since he entered the league. He has an old school aggressive style, stealing home, charging the mound, throwing out runners from right field, and blasting home runs.

Anyway, the Phillies should feature 7-8 Whites in their batting lineups every game. Aaron Nola and David Wheeler will start 4 games if the series lasts.

The Astros are excellent and deep, but highly unlikeable. Nothing personal against Dusty Baker, but he’s a notoriously bad playoff manager. Hopefully he puts his stank on this series.
He was lamenting how "shameful" it is that no American born blacks will be starting in the world series, first time since 1950. He's a loser who couldn't even win a world series with peak roided out Barry Bonds, then couldn't win one with the Nationals with Harper, Strasburg etc... He even said he would play more non-white players to "get more speed out there" when he was hired by the Nationals. I hope the Phillies win this series and feel pretty confident they can do it

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Phillies come all the way back from 5 to 0 and win it in 10 innings!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The only downside to Philly's nice comeback win was the frequent presence during the game of the smarmy bow-tied runt Ken Rosenthal. He was even in the dugouts, at one point asking Realmuto how he felt rounding the bases right after hitting a homer. "Uh, I felt great Ken, next idiotic cliched question."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
An ironic graphic I read about the Phillies and the Economy on Gab. I should have posted it here before the game. When ever the Phillies win
the World Series there is either a major recession of depression afterwards. Even going back to the Great Depression. They posted a chart and it was interesting but we need to hope that by a miracle we avoid a modern day depression.

It really has nothing to do with sports but it's ironic according to the the chart how it's worked out. I blame the Fed as they create
all the recessions and depressions mostly by design and this latest one will be through the money priinting. They printed around 70 percent
of all dollars ever made in history in the last few years.

Ok enough about that but it was interesting. This was indeed a comeback of epic preportions. They always believe they can win. This
was a comeback that will be talked about for many, many years. Still alot of work to do with 3 more wins to go but glad they won!

jphoss

Mentor
The only downside to Philly's nice comeback win was the frequent presence during the game of the smarmy bow-tied runt Ken Rosenthal. He was even in the dugouts, at one point asking Realmuto how he felt rounding the bases right after hitting a homer. "Uh, I felt great Ken, next idiotic cliched question."
I can't stand that midget, but did enjoy the optic of seeing Realmuto as clearly the superior man. Rosenthal's fellow tribesmen will make sure to omit the fact that JT also quarterbacked his high school team to a state championship. He's a lunchpail kind of player

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
When the Phillies went down 5 to nothing I almost posted and said that I was done with the game and would look forward to the next one and we'd see what happens in Game 2. Then when they got within two runs early enough, I knew that they had the confidence from the previous couple of series to do anything. This is especially huge since it's on the road and the Astros are highly favored. Still a long way to go but it's a great start!

I don't watch the NBA, but I believe there have been plenty of NBA Finals matchups with zero American-born White players. Somehow, that's not a problem for the sports media, but one World Series with several black players but none of which happen to have been born in America is somehow a huge tragedy that requires front-page headlines.

It's always the same line with the usual suspects. "Sports are the ultimate meritocracy!" Until the White man dominates, then it becomes 'scriminayshun.

skiboy61

"I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps. But the guy who walks and can’t run, most of the time they’re clogging up the bases for somebody who can run.”–former Cubs manager Dusty Baker

Incredible how thus guy is an MLB manager. How are you going to get an RBI if there aren't runners on base unless of course all your hits are home runs.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Another 5 - 0 deficit for the Phillies. Especially bad with all these terrible commercials. Antiwhite to the core. Nothing new though.

Sorry, guys...

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Blowing it open now, 7-0!

jphoss

Mentor
Love this Phillies team! Such an easy team to root for they may close this out in 5. Its amazing how great the team chemistry is on this team and shows what’s possible if teams would break free from the caste

Flint

Mentor
Phillies get no-hit! Did not see that coming.
Tied 1-1 right now. They need this one for sure.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Phillies get no-hit! Did not see that coming.
Tied 1-1 right now. They need this one for sure.
Yes. That was definitely a surprise as hot as the Phillies bats had been in game 3, they have been cold the last 2 games. Down 3 games to 2 going back to Houston is going to be tough.....and although Houston is up, there have been moments for the guys on the Astros. Verlander got the win last night and CF Chas McCormick made a great catch. In Wednesday's game, Bregman had a 2 run double and Tucker had a key SAC fly RBI that accounted for 3 of the Astros 5 runs.

Flint

Mentor
Phillies are unable to close the deal. Unfortunately with homerun hitting teams when the power goes out they don't have anyway to manufacture runs. And the power really went out for them the last 3 games and they had virtually no rallies at all as they were unable to string together any hits. Very disappointing!