2022 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
A better-late-than-never preview of the 22 Bucs.

The Bucs should just be know as the TB Bradys as that is what makes them compelling and competitive. After coming out of a brief retirement, the 45 year old 7x Super Bowl Champ and all-time great QB is back for one more dance. At 3-3 the Bucs look fairly lackluster, which may have something to due with their new AA coach, the retread Todd Bowles. Bruce Anti-Arians made sure to gift the job to Bowles when he moved on to his executive role. What a cuck. Many of you may remember the stoic Todd from his days of turning competitive Jets teams into the toilet bowl(e)s of the AFC East. I always joked that his stoic appearance was really the look of a man who had no idea what the hell he is doing. If Brady retires for real in the offseason, this team will easily fall to a bottom feeder again.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
16 Whites total, with 4 starters. Grade: F+

QB - Tom Brady, Blaine Gabbert, Kyle Trask
WR - Scotty Miller
TE - Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, Kyle Rudolph, Ko Kieft
G - Luke Goedeke
C - Robert Hainsey
DL - Patrick O'Connor
OLB - Anthony Nelson, Carl Nassib

K - Ryan Succop
P - Jake Camarda
LS - Zach Triner

IR - Josh Wells (OL), Ryan Jensen (OL)
PS - Ryan Griffin (QB), Patrick Laird (RB), John Molchon (OL), David Wells (TE), Nolan Turner (S)

Last year Tom Brady put up MVP worthy numbers, in line with some of the best seasons of his career. This year he's taken a step back, putting up still very good but not great numbers thus far. One wonders if its father time, the coaching, supporting cast or maybe off-field distractions (family). Anyway, enjoy another season of the GOAT while you still can. I have a feeling that this one truly will be his last. As far as supporting cast goes, the speedster Scotty Miller would be the first man of interest. Miller has gotten more snaps than last year but still doesn't ever seem to be on the same page with Brady. For whatever reason, they haven't clicked since 2020 when Miller hit his career high of 501 yards and 3 TDs. He seemed destined for big things but Anti-Arians and team signed anyone and everyone (schizo Antonio Brown) to push Miller down the depth chart. I hope Miller's opportunity and play improve as the year progresses. Other guys to follow are TEs Brate and Otton who provide some good pass catching options for Brady. Only 2 White men on the entire offensive line depth chart is no good.

On defense, Nelson and Carl the Queer get decent snaps as edge rushers. I've always been extremely impressed with the physically imposing Anthony Nelson. At 6'-7" he can certainly be a menace rushing the passer. In fact, I would argue that he should be starting over the extremely nondescript Joe Tryon-Shoyinka. Last season, he got 6 starts compared to 2 for Nelson. Yet Nelson had 5 sacks vs 4 for JTS, who I assume had many more snaps as well. This season, more of the same. JTS has started every game and only has 1.5 sacks. Nelson only rotates in yet has 2 sacks. Tyron-Shoyinka must just simply have much more "upside" than that stiff honkey.

Looking at the practice squad, it would be cool if injuries opened the door for Laird and Turner to get the call. White RBs and safeties are a rare breed and would easily bump this team up to a D or D- if they were added.

Phall

Master
Team lead Todd Bowles is the first "political appointment" head coach in my memory. Lifetime cuck Bruce Arians retired after time served rather suddenly and named his successor from his diverse coaching staff (that included a woman) to which he was very proud to pay lip service. It didn't matter that Bowles was bland during his previous stint with the Jets - Arians thought he deserved it, and that was that. Both Arians' late-stage success and the chutzpah to declare his scion were made possible by Tom Brady. It is pointless and shallow to bring up the "what if the races were reversed?" question, but that still deserves a footnote here.

Black offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich had a positive buzz for future head coach gigs because he's black (and because of Tom Brady). Now that the roster is (forgive me for summarizing) 54 blacks plus Tom Brady, with a black head coach and a black offensive coordinator, and the team kinda sucks, he doesn't look quite so astute, creative, or effective. Maybe a team should hire him anyway just due to the historical injustices that his people suffered, and also because he's still young.

Tom Brady will be better than half the starting quarterbacks in the league until he's 50, but he won't win another Super Bowl without a handpicked roster. The Bucs seem to have forsaken their boon, looked their gift horse in the mouth, and carried on in typical caste football ways. It would be fun if Brady leaves next year for another contender, brings five free agents with him, and wins again. I can't cheer for him to do it here.