2022 Penn State Nittany Lions

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2005 the White starters for Penn State have been 8,10,9,8,12,10,8,10,9,10,8,8,8,6, 8, 5 and 2. In 2022 they start 4.

Players to look out for are QB Drew Allar (looking forward to seeing him in 2023, Clifford frankly has been way too inconsistent), DT Jordan Vandenberg, LB Charlie Katshir, LB Dominic DeLuca, LB Robbie Dwyer, DE Jake Wilson

Offense
QB Sean Clifford
LG Hunter Nourzad

Defense
DE Nick Tarburton
LB Tyler Elsdon

jphoss

Mentor
Not a surprise to see how penn state has seen a significant drop in their play since 2020 when looking at that. 4-5, 7-6, and lost to the only two good teams they played this year

Can someone when they get the time and help me with this one? I live near Mohegan Sun and was chilling in their Fan Duel sports bar and I caught a side glance at a giant screen of ESPN ( sound off ) hyping their qb but the weird thing is I saw this qb throw a 25 yd td pass to what I really believe was a white rb with the # 27. Could have been malotta but I dont think so. There is no record of PSU having a ny light skin tailbacks and the only # 27 they have is freshman lb Connor Walzak who has no stats at rb. They have a freshman white rb who got 6 carries this year in garbage time but he has no tds either. Does anyone know who this cat might be ?

Rocky B

Master
Can someone when they get the time and help me with this one? I live near Mohegan Sun and was chilling in their Fan Duel sports bar and I caught a side glance at a giant screen of ESPN ( sound off ) hyping their qb but the weird thing is I saw this qb throw a 25 yd td pass to what I really believe was a white rb with the # 27. Could have been malotta but I dont think so. There is no record of PSU having a ny light skin tailbacks and the only # 27 they have is freshman lb Connor Walzak who has no stats at rb. They have a freshman white rb who got 6 carries this year in garbage time but he has no tds either. Does anyone know who this cat might be ?
I went back to look at the box score and saw 5 total TD’s for Penn St.
No 27’s, all dark players scored......Assuming you’re talking about the game vs Utah. Tyler Holzworth is the six carry guy......

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.on3.com/college/penn-st...for-pennsylvania-kids-to-play-for-penn-state/

Found this article humorous. Franklin has certainly gone out of his way to pretty much completely ignore White athletes from PA. Pennsylvania produces a ton of very good White athletes and pretty much none of them get recruited by any of the in state D1 schools (PSU, Pitt, Temple). Looking at the college football write-ups one can certainly see the astounding drop off for White athletes at PSU once Franklin took over. PSU is no better - they aren't dominating, winning big ten titles or national championships with Franklin but hey they are blacker. Wouldn't caste logic dicate that a "blue blood" program getting an influx of affletes would result in a national championship. His career record at PSU isn't very different from Paterno's final decade which featured White friendly teams that recruited White players (remember LBs like Pozluszny, Lee and Connor).

Not a PA kid but remember Zach Zwinak - he played very well under Bill O'Brien for two years - rushing for 1k yards in 2012 and 989 yards in 2013. Once Franklin got in there he pushed Whitey down the depth chart and he suffered an injury playing WSTD which ended his college career.

Phall

Master
https://www.on3.com/college/penn-st...for-pennsylvania-kids-to-play-for-penn-state/

Found this article humorous. Franklin has certainly gone out of his way to pretty much completely ignore White athletes from PA. Pennsylvania produces a ton of very good White athletes and pretty much none of them get recruited by any of the in state D1 schools (PSU, Pitt, Temple). Looking at the college football write-ups one can certainly see the astounding drop off for White athletes at PSU once Franklin took over. PSU is no better - they aren't dominating, winning big ten titles or national championships with Franklin but hey they are blacker. Wouldn't caste logic dicate that a "blue blood" program getting an influx of affletes would result in a national championship. His career record at PSU isn't very different from Paterno's final decade which featured White friendly teams that recruited White players (remember LBs like Pozluszny, Lee and Connor).

Not a PA kid but remember Zach Zwinak - he played very well under Bill O'Brien for two years - rushing for 1k yards in 2012 and 989 yards in 2013. Once Franklin got in there he pushed Whitey down the depth chart and he suffered an injury playing WSTD which ended his college career.

It's funny that despite a fat contract and never really winning anything, Franklin is not only never on the "hot seat," but instead gets his name bandied around during each offseason carousel to be hired away by other P5 conference teams. Being black really has its privileges sometimes.

Next year (2024) will see the Big Ten remove its divisions in an effort to, among other things, produce a more competitive conference championship game. USC will definitively bump Penn State out of the conference's traditional "top 3" year-over-year standing. The playoffs will expand to 12 teams, but do the Nittany Lions have a clearer path to the postseason in the future?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Franklin is staying alive by bringing in overrated, nearly all black signings classes. Agree completely he hasn’t done **** since taking over!