2022 North Carolina Tar Heels

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2005, the Tar Heels have had 9, 8, 5, 7, 4, 5, 4, 3, 6, 8, 10, 6, 4, 5 and 5 white players, with no write-up done in 2013. They start 4 in 2022.

QB Drake Maye has been one of the best stories of the first few games of the season. One to keep an eye on.

Players on the two deep - WR Justin Olson, TE John Copenhaver, OG Cayden Baker, C Brian Anderson,

Offense
QB Drake Maye
C Corey Gaynor
RT Spencer Rolland

Defense
DT Raymond Vohasek

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Since 2005, the Tar Heels have had 9, 8, 5, 7, 4, 5, 4, 3, 6, 8, 10, 6, 4, 5 and 5 white players, with no write-up done in 2013. They start 4 in 2022.

QB Drake Maye has been one of the best stories of the first few games of the season. One to keep an eye on.

Players on the two deep - WR Justin Olson, TE John Copenhaver, OG Cayden Baker, C Brian Anderson,

Offense
QB Drake Maye
C Corey Gaynor
RT Spencer Rolland

Defense
DT Raymond Vohasek
Freshman DB/Safety Will Hardy had an excellent game last night for the Tarheels. Led the team in tackles with 7 and has 1 INT this season. At 6'2 200/lbs. could make a run at the NFL sometime in the future.
BTW, I looked up his BIO. He was one of the highest rated players in the country in his HS class. So, how does a white DB gain national attention? He probably made schools aware early on, by going to camps, playing the best competition in HS, going to combines etc. Just my guess, but that's what white players have to do get an opportunity to play D-1 football. It can be done. A white freshman safety starting in the ACC Championship against Clemson. Also, there was another one for Clemson, I'll post on the other thread.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Freshman DB/Safety Will Hardy had an excellent game last night for the Tarheels. Led the team in tackles with 7 and has 1 INT this season. At 6'2 200/lbs. could make a run at the NFL sometime in the future.
BTW, I looked up his BIO. He was one of the highest rated players in the country in his HS class. So, how does a white DB gain national attention? He probably made schools aware early on, by going to camps, playing the best competition in HS, going to combines etc. Just my guess, but that's what white players have to do get an opportunity to play D-1 football. It can be done. A white freshman safety starting in the ACC Championship against Clemson. Also, there was another one for Clemson, I'll post on the other thread.

Nice find! Another to keep an eye out on next year. Thanks @Carolina Speed