2022 NFL Week 8

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
We kickoff week 8 with a Thursday night matchup of two NFL average Caste Squads. I assume most will root for TB due to Brady and against Baltimore due to Jackson. Checking the weekend action, I'll be looking forward to 49ers v Rams, Cardinals v Vikings, Packers v Bills and Bengals v Cleveland. I'll also root for the Lions to upset the Dolphins. Here's the reference guide once again:

The Cream of the Crop
Cincinnati Bengals, 18 (9): 27
Detroit Lions, 18 (8): 26
Los Angeles Rams##, 18.5 (7.5): 26
San Francisco 49ers#, 18 (7): 25
Arizona Cardinals, 18 (5): 23
Buffalo Bills, 17 (6): 23
Los Angeles Chargers, 17 (6): 23
Minnesota Vikings##, 16 (7): 23
Run of the Mill Caste Squads
Green Bay Packers, 15 (7): 22
Indianapolis Colts#, 16 (6): 22
Kansas City Chiefs, 16 (6): 22
New Orleans Saints, 16 (5): 21
Jacksonville Jaguars, 16 (4): 20
Philadelphia Eagles, 16 (4): 20
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 16 (4): 20
Washington Redskins, 15 (5): 20
Baltimore Ravens, 14 (5): 19
Dallas Cowboys, 14 (5): 19
Pittsburgh Steelers, 14 (5): 19
Denver Broncos, 14, (4.5): 18.5
Atlanta Falcons, 14 (4): 18
Cleveland Browns, 13 (5): 18
New York Giants, 13.5 (4.5): 18
New York Jets, 14 (4): 18
Tennessee Titans, 14 (4): 18
Worst of the Worst
Las Vegas Raiders#, 13 (4): 17
Miami Dolphins, 14 (3): 17
Carolina Panthers, 11 (5): 16
New England Patriots, 12 (4): 16
Houston Texans#, 13 (2.5): 15.5
Chicago Bears, 12 (3): 15
Seattle Seahawks, 12 (2): 14
*rosters and starters subject to change since their write-ups
# indicates a team with a starting RB, WR or S, which are so rare, that will potentially increase their interest despite their ranking
indicates a black quarterback lead team, which will potentially decrease their interest despite their ranking

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Very informative list Freethinker! Thanks for this and the way you have things itemized/categorized.

Much appreciated sir!

Thank you for the ranking Freethinker.
I have been wishing for a list like this for a while.
Sad that Arizona with Its whopping 5 white starters is classified among the "cream of the crop."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle Al and Herbie trying very hard to put lipstick on the pig that is the 2022 NFL season to this point.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Uncle Al and Herbie trying very hard to put lipstick on the pig that is the 2022 NFL season to this point.

LOL. Not watching the game tonight. It's looking more and more like Brady should have rode off into the sunset after last season. The most diverse coaching staff in the league is looking like a joke. It's taken Jackson 24 passes to get to 200 yards though - dat upside and qb revolution!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thank you for the ranking Freethinker.
I have been wishing for a list like this for a while.
Sad that Arizona with Its whopping 5 white starters is classified among the "cream of the crop."
Happy to provide. It’s actually posted in the NFL Write Ups thread, which in retrospect, is a lousy place for it to live. I’ll try to share it in the weekly threads from time to time.

Arizona is an interesting case and might point out a flaw in my rating system. I don’t think there has been a week where I rooted for Arizona, mostly due to my distain for Kliff Kucksbury and the magical midget QB. However the overall roster is one of the Whitest. Especially on defense, they have a lot of Whites. Watt, Allen and Gardeck (sort of) start but then they have tons of reserves who rotate in from time to time. Hoping the Kuck gets fired after this year and Murray is eventually replace or traded.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
First round bust Patrick Queen just made his first tackle of the game and immediately retired to the "tent" to be tested for a concussion.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Happy to provide. It’s actually posted in the NFL Write Ups thread, which in retrospect, is a lousy place for it to live. I’ll try to share it in the weekly threads from time to time.

Arizona is an interesting case and might point out a flaw in my rating system. I don’t think there has been a week where I rooted for Arizona, mostly due to my distain for Kliff Kucksbury and the magical midget QB. However the overall roster is one of the Whitest. Especially on defense, they have a lot of Whites. Watt, Allen and Gardeck (sort of) start but then they have tons of reserves who rotate in from time to time. Hoping the Kuck gets fired after this year and Murray is eventually replace or traded.

I hate Arizona. The caste treatment Isabella received there was so obvious yet no one questioned it - he was just labeled a bust. I doubt Murray gets moved in the next two seasons just because of the asinine contract the organization gave him. It would be funny to see Kingsbury get fired after this season to see if Murray is capable of playing in a different offense besides the same one he has played in since high school.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s more likely that if Murray flounders they will blame the coaching staff. They all stink. They should have treated a paesano better!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Scotty Miller just drew a very long pass interference.

This however is a pretty bad Tampa Bay team. They look like a shell of themselves despite having all the same key players from last year. Even if Brady has declined a little, it doesn’t explain it. I think it’s more likely the inept Bowles (who perfects the blank stare) and their diverse staff taking its toll on the teams success.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Brady looks incredibly frustrated with his overwhelming black offense. Fournette’s false start on 4th and goal aborted the TD chance and they had to settle for 3. A far cry from his hay-days in NE with an almost all-White offense that ran like a well oiled machine.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Scotty Miller just drew a very long pass interference.

This however is a pretty bad Tampa Bay team. They look like a shell of themselves despite having all the same key players from last year. Even if Brady has declined a little, it doesn’t explain it. I think it’s more likely the inept Bowles (who perfects the blank stare) and their diverse staff taking its toll on the teams success.

They lost their interior OL (All White). Ali Marpet retired, Jensen suffered a knee injury and Cappa signed a FA deal with the Bengals. They were the core that really helped the offense click. All the pro-black/black militant media talk about Leftwich being an offensive genius and Bowles just needing another opportunity to prove he is a great head coach is certainly being proven incorrect!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
MLB Devin White is incredibly unimpressive. Even the announcers have highlighted his failures multiple times tonight. As an overall #5 pick, I think it’s fair to be critical.

Warhawk_46

Master
Brady misses Gronk more than media pundits thought. TB is very dark and they lack cohesion which is to be expected.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brady misses Gronk more than media pundits thought. TB is very dark and they lack cohesion which is to be expected.
I agree as Gronkowski was a huge factor and always made big plays. If you want to move the chains, you get the ball to Gronk!

I'm a big Tom Brady Fan for obivous reasons and I do believe he is the best qb of all time without a doubt. That being said I do notice
that he doesn't like Scotty Miller. Not sure why but it's so obvious. Despite Brady throwing over 300 yards passing tonight in a loss, he
only targeted Miller 2 times all game not including the Pass Interference Call. Even both running backs had 3 passes to each of them. The
2 starting receivers had 22 passes thrown their way(11 each). I've watched enough to see that many times Miller is ignorred. It's like the
Andy Isabella factor. Brady seems to follow the league agenda. Edelman might have been different because he was a member of a certain
group. Just saying what I've noticed but I have no doubt Brady dislikes Miller and doesn't want to get him the ball much.

What are your guys thoughts? I remember Miller saying in a short interview a few years ago that he was the fastest player on the team.
The league doesn't want fast white guys. I know most of you here know that but the dwf's will never wake up. I feel bad for Scotty Miller.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Lightning, it's important to look at snap counts and other factors before jumping to conclusions and making sweeping judgments. I don't know how many snaps Scotty Miller played tonight, but in Week 6 it was 3% and in Week 7 it was 12%. That's miniscule. To make a sweeping statement that Brady "doesn't like Scotty Miller" and that "it's obvious" is way off the mark. Miller hardly plays.

In fact, Brady is undeniably the most "White-friendly" quarterback of the past 35 years, and had a good connection with Miller in 2020, when he went for over 500 yards receiving. It's important to look at the entire picture, much of which is beyond Brady's control at this point as his frustration is showing over and over again, not frustration with Scotty Miller but frustration with all the mistakes his receivers are making, including Mike Evans, who again was dropping balls and ran routes that Brady was not expecting. At this point, Scotty Miller is the least of Tom Brady's concerns.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
White Lightning, it's important to look at snap counts and other factors before jumping to conclusions and making sweeping judgments. I don't know how many snaps Scotty Miller played tonight, but in Week 6 it was 3% and in Week 7 it was 12%. That's miniscule. To make a sweeping statement that Brady "doesn't like Scotty Miller" and that "it's obvious" is way off the mark. Miller hardly plays.

In fact, Brady is undeniably the most "White-friendly" quarterback of the past 35 years, and had a good connection with Miller in 2020, when he went for over 500 yards receiving. It's important to look at the entire picture, much of which is beyond Brady's control at this point as his frustration is showing over and over again, not frustration with Scotty Miller but frustration with all the mistakes his receivers are making, including Mike Evans, who again was dropping balls and ran routes that Brady was not expecting. At this point, Scotty Miller is the least of Tom Brady's concerns.

I agree about the snap counts but he has only had 4 passes thrown to him in 2 games in a row. It's just so frustrating. Just what I see. I still
love Brady and yes he is angry with alot of people right now. Why have Miller for short passes twice a game? What a waste. Sorry Don but
sometimes I have to vent a little. I have a Tom Brady Jersey but I just feel Miller has been screwed over mostly because of his speed. Even
his lack of snap counts in my opinion is because they like to hide the fast guys. I've seen it as you have for decades. Sometimes I just need to vent a little. I want the Bucs to win and Brady to make the playoffs. Not sure if it's gonna happen. In my honest opinion, Miller should look
to go to another team though as they waste his talent. Most likely though, it would be crickets from teams like with Isabella

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about the snap counts but he has only had 4 passes thrown to him in 2 games in a row. It's just so frustrating. Just what I see. I still
love Brady and yes he is angry with alot of people right now. Why have Miller for short passes twice a game? What a waste. Sorry Don but
sometimes I have to vent a little. I have a Tom Brady Jersey but I just feel Miller has been screwed over mostly because of his speed. Even
his lack of snap counts in my opinion is because they like to hide the fast guys. I've seen it as you have for decades. Sometimes I just need to vent a little. I want the Bucs to win and Brady to make the playoffs. Not sure if it's gonna happen. In my honest opinion, Miller should look
to go to another team though as they waste his talent. Most likely though, it would be crickets from teams like with Isabella

Right, because he has hardly seen the field!! Do I have to explain that again? And he was thrown to deep tonight.

Your need to vent is over-riding an objective analysis of the situation. I've also been watching what's going on, I daresay for a lot longer than you, and what I wish to convey to many here is that being racially aware means one should look at everything with aware eyes, not just resort over and over to a default one-sentence explanation for everything. Life is a lot more complicated than that. There's Black and White when it comes to the two defining races in this country's history, but there's also so many shades of gray that have to be taken into consideration.

Did Tom Brady "screw over" Scotty Miller because of his speed? Of course not. Come on man, you asked for feedback and I'm giving it to you. If you just wanted people to applaud you then you should have stated that. You're way out of focus here. Hard as it may be to believe, some White guys just aren't good enough. Others ruin opportunities because of being injured way too much. There's a Caste System, as I founded this site to explore, but it doesn't always explain White failure (and Black success).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Right, because he has hardly seen the field!! Do I have to explain that again? And he was thrown to deep tonight.

Your need to vent is over-riding an objective analysis of the situation. I've also been watching what's going on, I daresay for a lot longer than you, and what I wish to convey to many here is that being racially aware means one should look at everything with aware eyes, not just resort over and over to a default one-sentence explanation for everything. Life is a lot more complicated than that. There's Black and White when it comes to the two defining races in this country's history, but there's also so many shades of gray that have to be taken into consideration.

Did Tom Brady "screw over" Scotty Miller because of his speed? Of course not. Come on man, you asked for feedback and I'm giving it to you. If you just wanted people to applaud you then you should have stated that. You're way out of focus here. Hard as it may be to believe, some White guys just aren't good enough. Others ruin opportunities because of being injured way too much. There's a Caste System, as I founded this site to explore, but it doesn't always explain White failure (and Black success).
It's the coaching staff that won't play the kid. I blame it mostly on them and the owners. I've said my piece. That's it.

wile

Master
What Don said, I've watched the Packers for decades and I've seen white men screw their chances up what chances they got. This year The Gut's draft picks and signings of all black WRs all the time just more proof of bias. But it still doesn't excuse the drop right in the numbers in the Super Bowl of the guy signed to be a WSTD and 5 or 6 receiver or Kumerow's antics of rolling into the end zone and dislocating his shoulder and probably taking his career with it.

My advice to white guys trying to make it in the NFL and a take from Ray Robinson is that the tie goes to the black guy in these days "as good as" does not mean more than a bowl of cereal at the table for a couple of weeks in camp.

As for Baltimore here is some advice pay league min for some WRs off the heap and get some stud white TEs. Just have the WR use that "natural speed" to take the safeties deep and run underneath with some white studs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's the coaching staff that won't play the kid. I blame it mostly on them and the owners. I've said my piece. That's it.
This is much closer to the truth, but before you blamed Brady, deciding it's "obvious" he doesn't like Miller when the problem is how little Miller has been used. Which, given Brady's record of throwing to Welker, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Woodhead, Burkhead and others is, well, if we're going to attack Brady as essentially anti-White, it doesn't get more ridiculous than that. So I'm glad you now mention the coaching staff instead of blanket accusations against perhaps the greatest and most significant White athlete of the past 25 years and that's all I'll say as well.

In fact, let's all leave it at that and get back to rooting for the performances of White NFL players in Week 8.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I blame the failures of TB on the affirmative action coaching staff, the GM who did not replace the White offensive lineman who left for different reasons (astute point made by LeonardFan) and the black receivers, like Evans, who have been a big disappointment with dropped passes / bad routes.

Brady at 45 is still better than the majority of starting QBs. He is the last person I would blame at this point.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I blame the failures of TB on the affirmative action coaching staff, the GM who did not replace the White offensive lineman who left for different reasons (astute point made by LeonardFan) and the black receivers, like Evans, who have been a big disappointment with dropped passes / bad routes.

Brady at 45 is still better than the majority of starting QBs. He is the last person I would blame at this point.
I tend to agree Bowles while probably affable is virtually clueless when it comes to offensive innovations and what is Brady going to learn from Leftwich?

I also heard a theory on why offenses have been stagnant across the board and the analyst talked about the lack of power running in the league. If a coordinator doesn't fear getting run down their throat the safeties can hover near the passing lanes for the typical West Coast Offensive areas and try and break up or quickly tackle the controlled passes.

Last edited:

wile

Master
I tend to agree Bowles while probably affable is virtually clueless when it comes to offensive innovations and what is Brady going to learn from Leftwich?

I also heard a theory on why offenses have been stagnant across the board and the analyst talked about the lack of power running in the league. If a coordinator does fear getting run down their throat the safeties can hover near the passing lanes for the typical West Coast Offensive areas and try and break up or quickly tackle the controlled passes.
Did you mean "does not fear?" FTR I love power football. Lack of power football for example my local HS team, the HC relies on gimmickry and outside runs and when his teams run into an opponent with better athletes they get crushed.