2022 MLB Play Offs

booth

Mentor
MLB playoffs started today with the Guardians hosting Tampa Bay. There is a total of 6 whites starting on both teams. The Guardians start 4 including the DH and the Rays start 2. The Rays started an all-Latin lineup for Roberto Clemente Day this year.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
MLB playoffs started today with the Guardians hosting Tampa Bay. There is a total of 6 whites starting on both teams. The Guardians start 4 including the DH and the Rays start 2. The Rays started an all-Latin lineup for Roberto Clemente Day this year.
Thanks Booth for kicking of this thread. The first game today was totally unwatchable. The Rays are the most odious team in the league as they only started 1 White man out of 9 position players. In fact, Taylor Walls is the only White position player on the entire roster!

On the NL side, things are much better. The Phillies are literally the inversion of the Rays as they start 8/9 White position players and a White starting pitcher. The Cardinals start 6/9 White position players, with good depth. Today they start a mestizo pitcher.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Wow didn’t the Rays have a majority white team only a few years ago? I didn’t pay much attention to baseball this year - the relentless waves over overrated players from Latin America being a big reason why.

icsept

Master
It’s unfortunate that the Whitest teams are primarily in the NL. I like the Phillies, Cardinals, and of course the Dodgers. In the AL, I guess the Yankees are the team to watch?!?

booth

Mentor
It’s unfortunate that the Whitest teams are primarily in the NL. I like the Phillies, Cardinals, and of course the Dodgers. In the AL, I guess the Yankees are the team to watch?!?
Icept, the American League teams are mostly made up of Latins and Blacks. The Yankees can start all minorities depending on the starting pitcher. The Astros might have the most whites with 3 or 4 depending on the pitcher.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Go NL. I gave up on the season when Brew Crew traded their All Star Closer for nada.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Los Rays started an all non-White lineup today and were eliminated. The upsider Latinos were shutout for 15 innings. In 2 games they managed 1 run over 24 innings. Good thing they don’t have any Whites getting in the way of their magical athletes.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Los Rays started an all non-White lineup today and were eliminated. The upsider Latinos were shoutout for 15 innings. Over 2 games they managed 1 run over 24 innings. Good thing they have any Whites getting in the way of their magical athletes.
7-B5-D47-B7-D66-E-463-B-8836-B768635346-B5.jpg

Flint

Mentor
Dang, that Phillies team is a bunch of big bearded White guys, looks like my college softball team. Series is 1-1, I’d like to see them win it.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Betts was safe at 2nd. What utter garbage.

Dang, that Phillies team is a bunch of big bearded White guys, looks like my college softball team. Series is 1-1, I’d like to see them win it.

LOL. All stereotypes and jokes aside, my daughter's college softball team definitely didn't look like that.

Flint

Mentor
LOL. All stereotypes and jokes aside, my daughter's college softball team definitely didn't look like that.
Yea, not a school softball team, a Rec team. Back that long ago nobody played the sport seriously. Softball was about beer and weed.

Btw I saw the Maryland women’s softball team in an airport a few months ago and some of those she-beasts did look like they’d fit in with the Phillies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Phillies have a 6-0 lead in the 4th inning. I think they are gonna go up in the series 2 games to 1 as they are playing great today.
This is a really fun team to watch for the baseball fans here. Similar to the Dodgers.

jphoss

Mentor
Growing up a phillies fan it’s great to see such a predominately white team again and now they’re getting hot at the right time. Not a surprise they are back to being a much better team with a mainly white lineup vs the more nonwhite lineups they had after their 2007-11 run

PhillyBirds

Mentor
As everyone above has mentioned, this Phillies team is a joy to watch! By all accounts, one of their big strengths has been camaraderie and chemistry in the clubhouse; the guys all genuinely seem to get along, and it's not a mystery why.

Big win today has them ready to clinch a trip to the NLCS tomorrow!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As everyone above has mentioned, this Phillies team is a joy to watch! By all accounts, one of their big strengths has been camaraderie and chemistry in the clubhouse; the guys all genuinely seem to get along, and it's not a mystery why.

Big win today has them ready to clinch a trip to the NLCS tomorrow!

I'm happy the Phillies won and they dominated that game. It was never in doubt.

Sad the Dodgers lost a heartbreaker. They have had one of the best runs over almost a decade of any team in a very long time! They are
only down 2 games to 1 so I hope they can come back and make yet another run at a world series.

jphoss

Mentor
Go Phillies! Completely dominated the braves, whose superior athletes in the outfield cost them at least 3 runs by misplaying balls, and loved to see the genuine camaraderie among all the players