2022 Arizona State Sun Devils

ASU has stated 14, 9, 7, 7, 8, 6, 4, 6, 3,5, 4, 4, 5, and 6 white players (there was no write-up in 2013).

ASU was hit hard by transfers in the off season, and now sports 43 new players on the roster. Overall, there's not much to see her. They lost a WR with pro potential in Ricky Pearsall, who left for Florida. Bear Bryant's great-grandson Paul Tyson is currently battling for the QB position, but it seems like the quota transfer has a slight lead at the moment.

Brothers Kyle and Connor Soelle will both start at LB, which is a fun duo, but beyond that there isn't much to see. ASU apparently had a three star HS recruit white corner transfer in from TCU in 2021 in Chandler Fincher but he's no longer on the roster. FB Case Hatch is explosive, but I'm not sure how much he will see the field. He's been rotating between units and lining up at different spots but I'm keeping him as a starter for now.

A pretty dark and uninspiring roster over all.

Offense -
QB - Paul Tyson* in a battle for position
FB - Case Hatch
LT - Emmit Bohle
C - Benn Scott

Defense -
LB - Kyle Soelle
LB - Connor Soelle

Notable back ups include QB Trenton Bourguet, TE Ryan Morgan, C Joey Ramos, RB Kolbe Stuckwisch, RT Thomas Le Boucher, and DE Michael Matus.

Phall

Master
Nice that the brothers get to line up next to each other on defense. Kyle is the team captain this season.
IMG-4099.jpg

In this years white up I noted that ASU had a very dark roster. The Sun Devils ended up 3-9 including a game where they gave up 267 rushing yards to EMU white RB Samson Evans.

After firing Herm Edwards, ASU has now brought in transfer QB Jacob Conover (coming in as quota Emory Jones transfers out), WR Jake Smith (a heralded HS recruit who looked like a star before disappearing) FCS star RB Cameron Skattebo, and LBs Tristan Monday and Tate Romney. I cautiously wait to see what opportunity these transfers will be given.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Former Notre Dame QB Drew Pyne also commits to ASU. The Sun Devils are a team to look out for.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This new HC Dillingham has really hit the ground running. He can turn this program around in short order, and if he does, it will prove that it’s easy to do. Just recruit White athletes, who are intentionally less sought after.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree they will be a team to keep a close eye on. I wish the U of A Wildcats would take note and also do the same thing. Year after
year they lose but stick to the caste system even if it costs them their jobs.