2012 Redskins

Sounds like the Redskins are going to sign Eddie Royal. Royal, like Morgan is a local product. The skins have had a hard time selling seats lately. Last year my friend was up-graded from the $100 seats to the $400 club seats at no extra cost. This latest attempt by Snyder will backfire, like all his other attempts to build a team on free agency.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Im starting to get suspicious. Holmgren says he offered a much better deal to the Rams for the 2nd pick. The Rams could've gotten #4, #22, #37, and the Brown's 2013 1st instead of #6, #39, 2013 1st, and a 2014 1st. They would have gotten TWO first round picks this year and then a better 2nd round pick and a first round pick next year. Instead they have to wait until 2014 to get that last first round pick.

Did someobody higher up influence this? It is more likely for RGIII to fail if he goes to the Browns. They don't have any talent on offense and aren't known for picking up talented free agents. They have a terrible coach as well. They also only have two NFL caliber starters on the line, although those guys are at the top for their position, they can't mask the deficiencies of 3 linemen. The Redskins have Shanahan and are adding some better talent for RGIII to work with, and Shanahan can maxmize the talent of any quarterback which is why it would be a little better if the Colts somehow picked up RGIII if it weren't for the fact that Collie and White would suffer if he fails, but there is no guarantee that White gets a real chance and Collie gets to play his natural position on the outside, instead of the slot where he is prone to getting more concussions.

found out more

"Snead said he told all teams interested on March 8 that he was going to have the trade done by the end of that day, and he was going to ask each team to give its best offer for the trade. At that point, he said, after listening to all the proposals, he was going to take the best offer — unless the offer was not anywhere near what the Rams wanted for the pick.

Those were the rules, Snead said Sunday, that he made clear to each team. Snead asked for everyone’s best offer in individual phone calls. It’s unclear what Cleveland’s offer was, but Washington offered three first-round picks and one second-round pick. That offer, Snead said, was better than Cleveland’s offer. So he told Washington officials that they’d won the bidding and told the Browns they’d lost. At that point, Snead said, Cleveland tried to make another offer, and Snead said the window was closed; the Rams were taking Washington’s offer."

Thats just not good business. There was no rush to get this deal done, they have plenty of time. Why not listen to see if you can get a better deal? Of course there are going to be teams reluctant to offer that much the first go around, but once they hear what other teams are doing, they will try to make a better offer, thats how things work. The Redskins are the only team stupid enough to offer that much up in the first place. The excuse just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
bigunreal will be licking his chops after reading this.

I think the statement, and I'm paraphrasing, "the NFL is not free market, it's caste market" is ringing truer by the day.

Im starting to get suspicious. Holmgren says he offered a much better deal to the Rams for the 2nd pick. The Rams could've gotten #4, #22, #37, and the Brown's 2013 1st instead of #6, #39, 2013 1st, and a 2014 1st. They would have gotten TWO first round picks this year and then a better 2nd round pick and a first round pick next year. Instead they have to wait until 2014 to get that last first round pick.
But if you assume (safely) that the Redskins' 2013 and 2014 picks will be very high, they are offering more.

It is more likely for RGIII to fail if he goes to the Browns.
You must not be too familiar with the Redskins.... ANYONE can fail here, let alone media hype product RG3.

They don't have any talent on offense and aren't known for picking up talented free agents. They have a terrible coach as well. They also only have two NFL caliber starters on the line,
Gosh it sounds like you are describing the Redskins...

Woody

Guru
hahaha @Mischling

I don't think there is any conspiracy or even shoddy ownership decisions/bargaining.
The Rams wanted every team to put forward their best offer knowing they would not get another chance, obviously so at least one team would overbid in fear of being left out.
Of course it was the Redskins.
To then listen to a higher offer from the Browns would have ruined the integrity of the rules the Rams had started with.

Woody

Guru
The Redskins have signed a rash of sumos, black defensive backs, and black WRs. They are set to draft RGIII as their franchise QB.

Those four areas were where they needed the most help, and they are and will be overwhelmingly black.

In my estimation, the 'Skins will field 4 white starters:
LG: Lichenstieger
C: Montgomery
DE: Carriker
OLB: Kerrigan

That is probably all.
A white ILB is a possibility, maybe through the draft. They have no high draft choices so drafting even one starter besides RGIII would be hard....even if they could find one in the 3rd (where they pick next after the 2nd overall pick) he would probably not be white. All the top FAs are snatched up, too.

There you have it. I predict the Redskins will start no more than 6 whites, probably only the four I mentioned. No skill position players, no defensive backs.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Cooley could well start at TE. He is a fan favorite. Given the propensity for injuries from fragile black safeties, Doughty will likely start after the first game or so.

Woody

Guru
I respectfully disagree. Cooley is old and injury prone at this point and I would not be surprised if he is cut or traded. In any case they have a young, somewhat talented black TE in Fred Davis, who will definitely start, esp. if he improves his concentration and stops smoking the reefer.

Doughty is a huge fan (not)favorite who in all honesty is only average. They have a whole stable of black safeties to choose from ahead of him.

4....4 will be the number of white starters.

So, now four out of the six guys blocking for our black QB will be black too... this offense is going to be incredibly bad.

edit: Fred Davis will be gone for the year if he fails one drug test, so that's some "hope" to lighten the team, though if his backup is someone other than Cooley it won't improve the onfield product

Woody

Guru
RGIII has already been declared the starter. "Period," according to Shanny. Nothing to compete for. No one else has a shot. The job is his, no matter what. Just wow.

I haven't kept track, but declaring a draftee QB the starter this early is probably unprecedented.

Shanny was getting so much flack for drafting Kirk Cousins I guess he thought he had to do this to quell any controversy or accusations of racism....
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/05/06/shanahan-says-rgiii-will-be-starter-from-day-one/

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Similar to what we saw last year with sCam Newton, the Blackskins are employing a great deal of the Baylor spread offense to cater to RGIII's experience. Here's the article from NFL.com. From this information, I expect to see Griffin, like Newton, with inflated numbers that comes from voodoo offenses like described by Riddlewire.

What really irks me about stuff like this is that Tebow was not given the Florida Gator offense to work with at Denver, he was given 1 basic zone-read play and that was it. But the black "saviors" of the QB position are pandered to endlessly. Of course, using the Auburn offense for sCam and the Baylor offense for RGIII is smart coaching, unlike what we see with Tebow and his unique skillset.

a snippet from the article above:

It’s evident from the Washington Redskins’ training camp that the team plans to utilize rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III’s athletic ability in every way imaginable.
They are even going so far as to put in parts of the offense Griffin excelled in at the University of Baylor.
“It’s been an interesting training camp for us because we are implementing some of the things that Robert did very well at Baylor,” Redskins tight end Chris Cooley told “NFL AM” Thursday morning. “We’ve been utilizing a bit of the option thinking if we want to go this way, if we don’t.”

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Similar to what we saw last year with sCam Newton, the Blackskins are employing a great deal of the Baylor spread offense to cater to RGIII's experience. Here's the article from NFL.com. From this information, I expect to see Griffin, like Newton, with inflated numbers that comes from voodoo offenses like described by Riddlewire.

What really irks me about stuff like this is that Tebow was not given the Florida Gator offense to work with at Denver, he was given 1 basic zone-read play and that was it. But the black "saviors" of the QB position are pandered to endlessly. Of course, using the Auburn offense for sCam and the Baylor offense for RGIII is smart coaching, unlike what we see with Tebow and his unique skillset.

a snippet from the article above:

Great point FootballDad, and what's more worrisome is if this just happens to work for RGIII, look for more of his type to be ushered into the NFL with open arms and for the stiff, drop back, white QB to become extinct even though we know better, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, John Elway, and Tim Tebow. They will forget anything these QB's could do way before their time!

I HOPE I'M WRONG THOUGH!

bigunreal

Mentor
Yes, RGIII will be a real test for the Caste System. Can they engineer yet another magical season from the "new prototype" black QB, as they did with Scam last year?

They have lied about his height, pandered in a truly racist way over the astounding fact he can speak English as well as all the white players in the league, and are building the offense around his skills. With all those coal black defensive backfields to throw against, really all that can stop him is his line, and the stone hands of his Garcon-led WRs.

While he seems less odious personally than Scam, I am really rooting against this latest media creation. If he succeeds, it will open the floodgates to more and more "affletic" QBs. Let's all hope he doesn't.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Continuing campaign to change the name of the Washington Redskins. No movement yet to change the name of the Fighting Irish or Celtics, Vikings, etc. No team named the Zulu Warriors either.

Here's a pic from the anti-Redskins campaign. If the team and most of it's superstar players are blacks why is this a White issue?

517677886_c.jpg

Notice that the picture is uncomplementary while every depiction of Native Americans is based on their warrior and fighting skills. (except for Chief Wahoo-but is that any worse then the put-your-dukes-up Irish guy?)

Actually I would prefer the Bloodthirsty Scalping Savages, now that's a fearsome moniker!