2009 Tennessee Titans

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here is a list of all the white athletes that have made the 2009 Tennessee Titans

QB
Kerry Collins
Patrick Ramsey

RB/FB
none

WR
none

TE
Craig Stevens

G
Jake Scott

C
none

OT
David Stewart
Mike Otto
Michael Roos
Troy Kropog

DL
Kyle Vanden Bosch
David Ball

LB
none

DB
Donnie Nickey

P
Craig Hentrich

K
Rob Bironas

LS
Ken Amato

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

"Titans signed S Kevin Kaesviharn.

Kaesviharn is a liability in coverage, so he'll likely be limited to special teams work."

let's see if he can last and maybe play a little.

dwid

Hall of Famer
KK was much better last year than people give him credit for, of course the few bad plays stick out in fan's minds, even though the whole secondary was horrible and the black defenders gave up most of the big plays. KK was one of the better players on defense.

I thought I read a misprint with Tennessee's two signings because it says they signed WR MARK Jones. THEY SIGNED THE WRONG JONES. Should have signed Matt Jones.Edited by: dwid

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for Collins. Any game I have watched with the Titans has so many dropped balls. Their WRs suck. But like Quinn in Cleveland the QB gets the blame for poor wr play.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vince "he only wins games despite throwing like a girl and having a pea-sized brain" Young will now be starting for Jeff Fisher
smiley8.gif
. Vince and DuhMarcus both starting, this'll be great fun!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I knew it was going to happen. Young threw a pick on his first pass last night!!Oh boy I have to get the popcorn ready for this one.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i mean Kerry was far from brilliant, but for f**k sakes, get the man some receivers!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From an article on the collapse of the Titans by Gregg Easterbrook of ESPN. I particularly like the part about how the Tennessee defenders didn't even try. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play for a couple of hours 16 times a year, and they couldn't be bothered to exert themselves.

Godfrey Daniel, the Titans are awful. Their 59-0 defeat at New England -- the worst shutout defeat in professional football since the Rams beat the Falcons by the same margin in 1976 -- wasn't as close as the score indicated. In slush, snow and wind, New England fumbled once; Tennessee fumbled six times. The Flying Elvii threw 45 passes without an interception; the Flaming Thumbtacks threw 14 passes with two interceptions. New England showed four-wide formations and ran everything in its playbook; Tennessee mostly used a conventional "pro set" and only basic plays. Patriots receivers made difficult catches; Titans receivers dropped well-thrown balls. The Patriots ran blitzes and complex defensive stunts; the Titans were in a conventional defensive front all day. New England's touchdown passes went to Randy Moss and Wes Welker on downs in which they were not covered by anyone -- they simply ran up the field, ignored by all Tennessee defenders. On numerous snaps, Tennessee Pro Bowl safety Chris Hope and first-round-pick safety Michael Griffin barely bothered to jog in the general direction of the action. New England executed a perfect flea-flicker; Tennessee had trouble handing off. The Patriots gained 436 yards in the first half -- not in the game, in the first half.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091020&sportCat=nfl

G

An "Afflete" revolt in Titan land? Looks like Ol' Fish has lost his team and the Rooney rule will be in full effect.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
From an article on the collapse of the Titans by Gregg Easterbrook of ESPN.  I particularly like the part about how the Tennessee defenders didn't even try.  These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play for a couple of hours 16 times a year, and they couldn't be bothered to exert themselves.
<div> </div>
<div>Godfrey Daniel, the Titans are awful. Their 59-0 defeat at New England -- the worst shutout defeat in professional football since the Rams beat the Falcons by the same margin in 1976 -- wasn't as close as the score indicated. In slush, snow and wind, New England fumbled once; Tennessee fumbled six times. The Flying Elvii threw 45 passes without an interception; the Flaming Thumbtacks threw 14 passes with two interceptions. New England showed four-wide formations and ran everything in its playbook; Tennessee mostly used a conventional "pro set" and only basic plays. Patriots receivers made difficult catches; Titans receivers dropped well-thrown balls. The Patriots ran blitzes and complex defensive stunts; the Titans were in a conventional defensive front all day. New England's touchdown passes went to Randy Moss and Wes Welker on downs in which they were not covered by anyone -- they simply ran up the field, ignored by all Tennessee defenders. On numerous snaps, Tennessee Pro Bowl safety Chris Hope and first-round-pick safety Michael Griffin barely bothered to jog in the general direction of the action. New England executed a perfect flea-flicker; Tennessee had trouble handing off. The Patriots gained 436 yards in the first half -- not in the game, in the first half.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091020&sportCat=nfl</div>

The NFL's new motto should be, "When the going gets tough, the affletes quit playing"

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one, Freethinker!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Vince Young is a moron plain and simple. He can't be a quarterback in the NFL. I don't know if he is qualified to clean toilets. He was supposed to be a star.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well good ole Bud Adams convinced Fisher that Young should be starting.  God forbid he actually has success, which I doubt he will, and he'll be a hero to all the DWF's.  Could this super afflete actually win a couple of games for the Titans?  The DWF's sure hope so.  The problem here is that Collins actually has accuracy which Young will never have.  

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The Titans will make the same mistake with Vince Young that the Steelers made with Kordell Stewart, especially if Young could somehow miraculously string together a good half-season sometime in the next two years or so.

Keep trying...keep trying...'cause he's another great black hope of QBs, don't admit to a mistake drafting the guy for much longer than you would with a white #1 draftee QB...waste time...waste money....

The abilities to read defenses and adjust accordingly and to throw the ball with CONSISTENCY are much more important than if a guy can run around the field and pick up some yards like he's playing in a flag football competition.

If the Titans don't need Kerry Collins for the rest of the season, they should release him and give him a chance to finish up somewhere where he is needed.

I would also recommend they acquire the services of Michael Vick so he and Young can battle it out for the Titans' QB job in 2010. It would serve them right.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Collins is just an average quarterback and has been average for his whole career.  He is much better than Young however.  It isn't Collins fault the Titans can't win any games.  The receivers just can't catch and the defense has allowed 198 points which is 3rd worst in the NFL after the Rams and Bucs. 

Taco

Guru
I dont think its as much about Young being better than Collins, but the fact that Collins is 36 years old and was just a stop-gap solution. everyone knows Collins is better than Young, the titans want to see if there is a future with Young (which anyone with eyes can see that there isnt. Unfortunately the man is just not mentally capable of the pressures of the NFL). In my opinion, Young is a lost cause. Theyd be better off starting fresh with a new qb in this years upcoming draft.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I predict the Titans will win on Sunday, and maybe even the next couple of Sundays. The blacks will play harder, the team will be more energized, the defenses they're up against will be studying old films for the first couple of games, so this will give Young time to win a couple of games and be lauded as a hero.

We'll see.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As Marshall Faulk might say, "All Vince Young do is win games."
smiley17.gif

Pollyanna

Guru
Sorry guys, but Radio will not win the game Sunday. This quarterblack super sucks and has the emotional stability of a box jellyfish.

Pollyanna

Guru
Well then the Black Bucks quarterblacks should be referred to as " Stereo" cause they have one left, one right and one looser in the middle.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good old Jeff Fisher. 15 years of making excuses as one after another of his "college educated" black players has screwed up.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he's not concerned about Kenny Britt's off-field activities the past few weeks.

<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>Shortly after being arrested for outstanding traffic warrants, Britt posted a $165,000 bail for a friend convicted twice on gun charges. Fisher said Britt didn't realize "the implications of his willingness to help," so the team will "try to educate him" about his off-field decisions.