2007 Toronto Argonauts

The 2007 Argos are once again coached by Black Canadian hero Pinball Clemons. Overall, he has been fair to whites except at the QB position. Since 2002 when Clemons became head coach, the Argos have not had a single white starting QB despite going through 3 black starters. Heading into the 2007 training camp, the Argonauts brought an unprecedented 3 white QBs (out of 5 total) to "openly compete" for the starting quarterback position. These included former Heisman winner Eric Crouch, former understudy to Peyton Manning, Tom Arth and NFL Caste victim Mike McMahon. Arth was quickly dismissed before having taken a snap in a pre-season game, whereas Crouch and McMahon lasted a bit longer before they were screwed over. While Crouch was injured during training camp and placed on the 9 week reserve, McMahon performed very well in pre-season. He appeared to have earned at least a backup role but was placed at #3 on the depth chart behind 22-year vereran Damon Allen and the strong-armed, pea-brained Michael Bishop.

After just 1 disastrous game where he was sacked 9 times, Allen was demoted to 3rd on the depth chart and McMahon promoted to #2. Michael Bishop started the next few games and surprisingly looked very good. Sadly, Black QBs are very injury prone and Michael Bishop was no exception. Inside the opponent's ten yard line, Bishop attempted to run into the endzone instead of throwing to his open receiver. Not surprisingly, he did not make it and was hurt on the play. Mike McMahon relieved him and looked average in his first regular season CFL appearance. McMahon started the next game and looked like just about every other American QB attempting to adjust to Canadian Rules - lost. If McMahon were a black QB, he would have likely been given a whole season to show his worth but being white, he was given all of 38 throws to realize his potential. Midway through the first quarter of his second start, he was replaced by the "ageless legend" Damon Allen, who possesses all the arm strength of a wet noodle combined with the mobility of an oak tree. The brother of Marcus Allen led the Argos to a loss and was down 19-3 in the next game when he was inevitably hurt.

Rather than making the logical choice in Mike McMahon to replace newly injured Allen, Coach Clemons instead opted to insert Black newcomer Rocky Butler. After the game, McMahon was rather outspoken in his disapproval of the move and he appeared to have a point. Over the next few games Butler led the Argos to an 0-3 record but displayed "remarkable poise and play-making ability" according to the media, while McMahon was "lost and inept". McMahon was quickly traded upon Michael Bishop's triumphant return from injury to the Montreal Alouettes. This was followed just days later by the inexplicable release of promising prospect Eric Crouch, who had just returned from injury himself . The Argos now had 3-man Black QB tandem in Bishop, Butler and the injured Allen. However, with Allen's injury status in doubt and no Black QBs available, the Argos sured up their QB situation by signing former NCAA star Cody Pickett.

At receiver, the Argos have 3 whites, 2 of which are starters (there are 4 starting receivers in the CFL). Despite his amazing combination of size and speed, Marc Boerigter was screwed over by every NFL team he played for before returning to the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders, before being released by them in a salary cap move. He now starts in the slot for the Double Blue. The other starter is Canadian Andre Talbot. Talbot is a legitimate possession receiver with below average speed but makes up for it with superb agility and crisp route-running. He was almost never thrown to by former starter Damon Allen. Now with the strong-armed Bishop starting, Talbot's catches have doubled. The other white receiver is Chad Rempel who is used almost exclusively on special teams.

Bryan Crawford is a fullback who is used as the team's White Special Teams Demon and does his job very well, leading in special teams tackles.

For the first time in a while, the Argonauts have an all--white O-Line. The starting Left Tackle is currently injured Mike Pearson, who was a starter for the Miami Dolphins. Despite possessing superb agility, the 290-pound Pearson was released by Caste worshiper Nick Saban and summarily replaced by 335-pound black sumo Vernon Carey. Saban was quoted as saying that the release had nothing to do with Pearson's play but that he "wanted to go in a different direction" with the o-line. So basically, he replaced a superior player with another just because he is fat and black. Makes perfect sense. The injured Pearson was replaced in the Argos starting lineup by Texas Tech standout Glenn January, also deemed too slight for the NFL at just 307 pounds. The rest of the starting O-Line is comprised of Canadians LG Jude St. John, C Chad Folk, RG Taylor Robertson, and RT former NFL-er Steven Morley. Brian Ramsey, Jeff Keeping and Fabio Filice are Canadian Backup O-Lineman.

In total, 7 of 12 offensive starters are white.

On defense, just 3 of 12 starters are white. Canadian DT Adriano Belli was screwed over by NFL caste gods but is a superb pass rushing threat and routinely commands a double or even triple team. This opens up space for Black DEs Riall Johnson and Jonathan Brown who are both close to the league lead in sacks. Belli is also an effective run-stopper despite his 6-5 size.

White OLB Kevin Eiben currently leads the team in tackles and starts next to fellow Canadian Mike O'Shea. Despite his team-leading tackles number, Eiben is underrated in the defense while O'Shea and black ILB Michael Fletcher get most of the hype. The once scary O'Shea still plays with grit but has definitely lost a step and will almost certainly be replaced upon season's end. BYU graduate Aaron Wagner is a backup on the inside who rarely sees the field, while Randy Srochenski long snaps.

At DB, backup safety Chris Hardy is a special-teamer while reserve CB Kellan Quick out of Southern Oregon resides on the practice squad.

The blackest city in Canada also has one of its blackest football teams, except at O-Line.

Approximate # of white starters: 10 (out of 24 total starters)

Number of whites currently on 46-man roster: 17

Argonauts Facebook Fan ClubEdited by: TorontoArgos

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nice write up!
smiley32.gif
I enjoyed reading it immensely. It was Wassall-esque it's analysis of the Canadian version of the caste system. I'll have to tune my antenna to the CBC to catch some games.

jaxvid said:
Nice write up!
smiley32.gif
I enjoyed reading it immensely. It was Wassall-esque it's analysis of the Canadian version of the caste system. I'll have to tune my antenna to the CBC to catch some games.
Thanks very much for the feedback! This was my first ever write up and as a 15 year old with little writing experience I feared it would come across as incomprehensible to those unfamiliar with the CFL.
smiley9.gif

I also had my doubts about the length, but I guess now those have been put to rest as well.

Thanks a lot though.
smiley32.gif

I find the CFL to often be a haven for some white Americans who get screwed over and a safe place for white Canadians who dare not venture into the highly competitive Caste Football monster that is the NFL.

The biggest Caste problem in the CFL is easily the QB position.Edited by: TorontoArgos

jaxvid said:
Nice write up!
smiley32.gif
You should enjoy the CBC games while they last - CBC lost the CFL rights from 2008 to 2012 to TSN.

Update: With 1 game left in the season, white receiver Andre Talbot leads the team in receiving yards and is tied for 2nd in touchdowns. Marc Boerigter has been banished from the field.

On the defence, white OLB Kevin Eiben still leads the team in tackles.

Special teams demon Bryan Crawford leads the CFL in special teams tackles.

So the Argos are led by a White Guy in all 3 facets of the game.Edited by: TorontoArgos

Andre Talbot had a huge day today, as the Argos secured first place in the CFL East on the least weekend of the season.

In the end, Talbot had 6 catches for 109 yards and 2 TD.

292676_3.JPG

He finished the season 2nd on the Argos in receiving yards with 803.