WWE's Kane - Libertarian

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
For you wrestling fans out there, here's an interesting economic interview with WWE wrestling superstar Glen Jacobs (aka "Kane"). Jacobs is a staunch libertarian who supported Dr.Ron Paul. He's interview here by Restore the Republic's Gary Franchi and discusses Kenysian vs. Austrian economics, fiat currency, etc.

Glen "Kane" Jacobs Interview - Part 1

Glen "Kane" Jacobs Interview - Part 2

***Here's Jacobs' blog which is very Constitutionalist oriented.

Jacobs Political Blog - "The Adventures of Citizen X"

guest301

Hall of Famer
These pro wrestlers like JBL and Kane come off as alot more intelligent than the personas they portray in the ring. Good find, Dixie. By the way, the legendary and tragic Von Erich family has a new Von Erich wrestling with TNA, Kerry Von Erich's daughter Lacey Von Erich. She's a tall beautiful blonde playing the heel role and has her dad's finishing move, the iron claw.

Bear Backer

Mentor
guest301 said:
These pro wrestlers like JBL and Kane come off as alot more intelligent than the personas they portray in the ring. Good find, Dixie. By the way, the legendary and tragic Von Erich family has a new Von Erich wrestling with TNA, Kerry Von Erich's daughter Lacey Von Erich. She's a tall beautiful blonde playing the heel role and has her dad's finishing move, the iron claw.

I don't know those other guys, but Jesse Ventura was kind of the same way. I remember watching him as a kid and hating the guy. Like the last guy in the world you would expect to turn out to be a pretty decent governor who valued the constitution. I also vaguely remember watching the Von Erichs as a kid when they wrestled for WCW. I know when I was real young I used to like the one who didn't wear shoes and would go around the house pretending to be him when I wrestled with my brother, jumping off of of couches and stairs in my underwear. For some reason, mom didn't approve of me watching wrestling very much
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Bear Backer

guest301

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
guest301 said:

I don't know those other guys, but Jesse Ventura was kind of the same way. I remember watching him as a kid and hating the guy. Like the last guy in the world you would expect to turn out to be a pretty decent governor who valued the constitution. I also vaguely remember watching the Von Erichs as a kid when they wrestled for WCW. I know when I was real young I used to like the one who didn't wear shoes and would go around the house pretending to be him when I wrestled with my brother, jumping off of of couches and stairs in my underwear. For some reason, mom didn't approve of me watching wrestling very much
smiley36.gif

The Von Erichs wrestled for World Class Championship Wrestling out of Dallas and were loosely affiliated with the NWA which later became WCW which you posted about. My mom had no problem with me watching WCCW back in the mid 80's because the Von Erichs came off as the classic All-American good guys and wrestling was much more family friendly in those days. Now it's full of anti-hero sarcastic types who somehow qualify as the good guys now. But at least it still has plenty of white heroes who routinely defeat other black wrestlers and so it's not all bad.

Bear Backer

Mentor
guest301 said:
Bear Backer said:
guest301 said:

smiley36.gif

The Von Erichs wrestled for World Class Championship Wrestling out of Dallas and were loosely affiliated with the NWA which later became WCW which you posted about. My mom had no problem with me watching WCCW back in the mid 80's because the Von Erichs came off as the classic All-American good guys and wrestling was much more family friendly in those days. Now it's full of anti-hero sarcastic types who somehow qualify as the good guys now. But at least it still has plenty of white heroes who routinely defeat other black wrestlers and so it's not all bad.

Yeah World Class that's it. I knew it was was WC something. I watched it when I was really young before I started watching WWF. I stopped watching WWF when it got too cartoonish for me as a teenager. The last time I watched any Wrestling was in the late 90's in college when Hulk Hogan was with WCW, but none of the Von Erichs were there anymore so I didn't care for it as much. I didn't really know any of the guys except for Hogan, Flair and Macho Man.