Why now?

Bronk

Mentor
Why are we being flooded with illegal immigrants? The U.S. and Mexico have shared a long border for a long time and we have never seen this kind on influx before. Not even in those times when Mexico had it bad -- and let me tell you, Mexico has never really had it good, they've ALWAYS had it bad -- millions of Mexicans did not cross the border, not even during the Mexican Revolutions of 1911-24. What changed?

In a word: populations.

In 1940 there were 20 million Mexicans, 1 million of which lived in Mexico City. Today, Mexico has 100 million people, 20 million of which live in Mexico City.

In 1973 the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion on demand through "Roe v. Wade." This led to at least 1.2 million legal abortions per year in the United States: 36 million people so far. This loss of population so reduced the flow of middle class workers into the labor force that the future of Social Security and Medicare is now threatened by it.

As a result of this lost population, American employers have relied more and more on immigrants, mainly from Mexico (where the backward and corrupt economic system can not feed them much less absorb them), to make up the difference.

Talk about genocide.

PitBull

Guru
Bronk,

It gets worse when you consider that a lot of those aborted kids would now
be of childbearing age themselves.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, sad but true points guys, but the number of murdered babies is actually 47 million. That makes it even worse to think about how many people we will lose in the future.

Bronk

Mentor
Yeah, Reb, likely the numbers are higher than those I quoted. I went with the official figures.

This is the high price of the cultural revolution we experienced in the 1960s (which has intellectual roots that go back a long, long way). In many ways, those 36-47 million dead are as much the victims of a purge or a holocaust as were those killed by Stalin, Mao or Hitler. The fact that they were done in by their own mothers makes it even more tragic.