why not better opponents for Klit/Valuev?

referendum

Mentor
I'm a little disappointed in Wlad Klitschko and Valuev's upcoming black retread opponents. Obviously a Klitschko Valuev fight would make the most sense with the winner holding the WBO/IBF/WBA(interim) belts. The winner could face Povetkin and then Chagaev over the next year.
Or if not that, what about Arreola, Meehan, Maskaev, or someone who deserves a title shot instead of two aging fighters whose best years are behind them. Or, maybe give Gomez a shot at Valuev, and then the winner taking on Vitali.
These upcoming fights won't really clear out and consolidate the division very much, it seems to me.

From what I can tell, the powers that be in boxing do NOT want clarity in the heavyweight division. This way they can say "the heavyweight division is horrible, there is no definitive top heavyweight today etc". This confused state allows the powers that be to say, "there s no real heavyweight champion because all the confusion".

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I too have mentioned this before. Giving Holyfield a title shot is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The guy has 9 loses or so and has shown absolutely no boxing skills whatsover for the past 5 years or so. The powers that be hope that one of these black hopes can land a lucky punch and score a huge upset. Rahman is washed up and I don't understand why he gets a title fight. Heck even Golota is more deserving than Holyfield or Rahman.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I don't mind Wlad fighting Rahman as a replacement for Povetkin, since it's better than Wlad not fighting a third time this year, and because Rahman is still in the top 15 or 20 according to BoxRec. Rahman is ranked #5 by the IBF and is still just 36, a year younger than Vitali.
smiley2.gif

But the choice of Holyfield as Valuev's opponent makes no sense whatsoever.
smiley5.gif
He is age 46, he wasn't ranked by any organization, he was removed from the BoxRec ratings, and hasn't defeated a decent opponent in years! He hasn't won a fight in a year and a half.

smiley21.gif
There are at least 100 heavyweights who would have been a more sensible choice as a voluntary defense than Holyfield.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It's black skin privilege at work again. Holyfield now has 9 losses and only has a 50 percent career knockout percentage. He is however considered a legend and gets respect of the media while guys like Klitschko and many others are disrespected.

P-NutLane

Guru
I think its disgusting that Ear vander gets a shot at the belt. And I think aussie and whiteathlete are right about the ''powers that be'' in boxing. Rahman is at least not a TOTAL bum, but EarVander is gonna get KOed so nasty its not even funny.

Who am I kiddin, that is funny, and I hope its brutal for bolth these black hopes. These are ''safe'' fights for bolth, because the excusess are on the table before the first bell even rings.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Holyfield already had a title shot against Ibragimov a year ago which he didn't deserve. Now he gets another one. Holyfield obviously knows he has no chance in these title fights but he wants to fill his pockets even more.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
EARvander! LOL!!!
smiley36.gif
He's indeed way over his head & totally undeserving of that shot. He'll get his "real deal" @$$ handed to him by the Russian monster!