Why all the Theatrics?

mattharper

Guru
I just wanted to ask Castefootballers why they think black NFL players dance and celebrate so much after minor gains or mediocre touchdowns. Yes whites have Jeremy Shockey and a few others but why do most black players act like classless idiots when they score? LAck of a father figure, low self esteem, genetics? Just asking.<div>I saw a boxing match on tv about 6 years ago featuring 2 women one black and one white. For 4 rounds this athletic white woman was just pounding on this shorter chubby black girl. With about 20 secomds left in the fight the black girl caught the other boxer with a right hook and knocked her down. As the white woman laid on the tarp she wasnt moving and it didint look like she was even breathing, After a minute her parents , trainers, doctors, the black womens trainers and other personnel were all surrounding her trying to help her and all this black woman could do was jump up and down and pound her chest and scream profanity into the air. Most people with any type of intelligence or sanity would have celebrated for a few seconds and then shown some respect to the down fallen. But this woman just kept jumping up and down for at last 3 minutes. It only stopped when her manager got off the tarp and told her to calm down. Im just using this as an example as to why it seems so many black athletes are just idiots when it comes to professionalism or class. </div>

Westside

Hall of Famer
Consider the source, mattharper, as my mom would say. Maybe because most are idiots. Try digging a little deeper my man.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
The answer to your question mattharper, is found within the idea of TNB!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
mattharper said:
I just wanted to ask Castefootballers why they think black NFL players dance and celebrate so much after minor gains or mediocre touchdowns. Yes whites have Jeremy Shockey and a few others but why do most black players act like classless idiots when they score? LAck of a father figure, low self esteem, genetics? Just asking.<div>

Did such a rudimentary inquiry (with such an unambiguous answer) actually necessitate an entirely new thread?

Also, is there any way for you to clean up your grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure when creating future posts?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Who cares?

this summarizes my thoughts exactly. mattharper, have you ever spent any time around blacks? legitimate achievement of any worthwhile account is so rare in the black community, that they (and their politically correct enablers) will praise just about anything that can be considered "success." it's so bad, they'll damn near celebrate walking through a door without bumping their head.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
<div></div>
<div></div><div>this summarizes my thoughts exactly. mattharper, have you ever spent any time around blacks? legitimate achievement of any worthwhile account is so rare in the black community, that they (and their politically correct enablers) will praise just about anything that can be considered "success." it's so bad, they'll damn near celebrate walking through a door without bumping their head.
smiley2.gif
</div>

smiley36.gif
That is about right. It is just TNB, enough said.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"TNB" sums it up quite nicely. It comes naturally to the afroletes.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
As this isa pointedly racial opinion subject, it should probably be moved to the Happy Hour where it is a better fit.
As for the topic, it's just how blacks/affletes are. Self-promotion and excessive emotion are culturally built-in. Although we might look at is as over-the-top theatrics and utterly ridiculous, it is often to the black athlete's advantage, as DWFs and common sports fans enjoy this sort of entertainment, and the bravado adds to the aura of black supremacy that is so ingrained in the minds of the masses.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Good reply Football Dad (as always). I moved the topic as suggested.

I don't think that the subject is not worth discussing and I think it's kind of rude to welcome a new poster with a "who cares?" reply. We discuss this stuff all of the time in multiple threads.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It's bad enough blacks do these ridiculous celebrations after touchdowns and interceptions but what about routine tackles when their teams are down three touchdowns? Are they really that stupid and pathetic?

jaxvid said:
Good reply Football Dad (as always). I moved the topic as suggested.

I don't think that the subject is not worth discussing and I think it's kind of rude to welcome a new poster with a "who cares?" reply. We discuss this stuff all of the time in multiple threads.
I agree 100%. Also(and I have the utmost respect for the posters here) I don't think we need to turn into the "Grammar Police" if we dislike a post or poster.
It gives the impression of being unable to attack the message sowe must attack the messenger....Edited by: lost

mattharper

Guru
Thanks for the support Jaxvid and Lost. I think I get so worked up about the double standards in regard to race and the castesystem in sports that my mind starts racing and I just start typing becasue the ideas just keep coming to me. I personally DO CARE about professionalism in sports. I think Im very fair to always add white idiots that act classless to becasue not all blacks act classless such as Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders. BUt I think we are all in agreement there are a lot of buffoons out there. I once saw a tv interview where many of the black players from the 60s and 70s dont watch pro football anymore because of all the unwarranted celebrations. I dont mind celebrating but its just so blown out of proportion hese days.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Matt, there are a few black athletes who conduct themselves without these shenanigans...notably David Robinson, Gale Sayers, the late Wayman Tisdale, etc. They unfortunately seem (very) far & few in between.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

j41181

Master
DixieDestroyer said:
Matt, there are a few black athletes who conduct themselves without these shenanigans...notably David Robinson, Gale Sayers, the late Wayman Tisdale, etc. They unfortunately seem (very) far & few in between.
For every David Robinson (or Tim Duncan) type, there are 10 Kevin Garnett types.
smiley2.gif

mattharper

Guru
One of the reasons I loved the Celtics of the 80s was becasue of Larry Bird and the obvious racial makeup of the team but the fact that Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson were class acts.